Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews for Home Assistant

Loved the work itself, had good clients and colleagues. Office staff let down the carers and clients through their lack of support and poor communication skills. This continued to deteriorate through the 8 years I worked there until it became embarrassing at times.
When I started, I was promised flexibility due to my own disability and didn't get any of it. Office staff were horrible to carers and clients, clique-y behaviour from carers in care homes. Was forced to resign by line manager when I said I couldn't cope with lack of walking time, hours were erratic, nothing like promised. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be miserable.
Staff are not helpful, office staff change rotas and expect you to travel more than you put down as distance in your interview. Patients are not cared for like they should be.
Pros
part time
Cons
rubbish system
Currently working for Dalecare asked to change my availability was told NO by coordinator whom i don't particularly like way she speaks I'm old enough to be her mother.At times your circumstances change which mine have and wasn't even given chance to explain the change to anyone.Also no continuity of care within the company even with the clients who have dementia as you get moved from pillar to post so long as the calls are covered no travel time and hours far too long on a weekend.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Changing your cliens lack of continuity poor wage poor petrol allowance gossiping
Worked for this company for 4 months. Initially I was told I would be working in the place where I live, this never happened. The company asks you at the begging what hours you are available to work, you tell them, then without consulting you they change your availability to suit them. I found I was spending a huge amount on petrol and receiving around a quater of it back. Weekends are terrible. Worked from 6:30 on a morning till 10:30 at night with only two 20 minute breaks. You do not get time to travel from call to Call. My area coordinator was not helpful at all, in fact she was probably one of the main reasons that I left the company. On many occasions I emailed a query and was completely ignored. Tried several times for several different dates for holidays and all were refused. The hours of work is unpredictable. Some weeks you are running from call to call and other you might have an hours work per day. When you are not at work they are still calling you or texting. If you are not bothered about having a life outside of work then this company is for you.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Long hours, petrol costs, not enough breaks on a weekend, unpredictable work
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
11 April 2018
Hi.I would like to look into this further for you can you please email me with more details carol.jackson@dalecare.co.uk Thank you
this is a rewarding job with friendly staff and clients. this job realy lets you make a difference in someones life. with the chance to be out and about and fit life around what you want
I worked alternate weekends whilst at dale care. The company provided sufficient training before I commenced independent working. However, I feel as though there could have been more training on the administering of medication for service users. The support and management from the company were good. I cant really comment on the workplace culture as I only worked alternate weekends, and was very rarely at the head office. however, the staff I worked with were always lovely and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely meeting new people and being able to help service users. The hardest part was the long hours, and sometimes finding the right house! Overall, I enjoyed my time with Dale Care.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
I enjoyed my time working at Dale Care Limited and was sad to leave as it was one of only a few jobs that I loved doing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dale Care Ltd?