Damira Dental Studios
Happiness score is 34 out of 100

Damira Dental Studios Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews

Avoid

Avoid company at all costs. They make you believe you are a highly important member of the team but their true colours start to show quickly. You have no work/home life balance and if you’re on annual leave good luck not being contacted.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Stressful, underpaid, no work/home life balance

Awful

Everybody very supportive in the beginning to lead you into a false sense of security, then you will be expected to bend over backwards for them for nothing in return. No appreciation and constant bullying from head office and management. Working for this company has taught me to watch my back thanks to being constantly stabbed in the back by management and head office.

Pros

Cons

Bad salary. Staff always unhappy and leaving.

Great company!

I have been a Dentist with Damira for a couple of years and have always found the team I work with and Support Office really supportive and helpful, have lots of interaction with Dentists throughout the company, always get paid on time, lots of training courses provided at discounted rates and even free courses run by the CEO, would definitely recommend Damira!

Avoid

Terrible place for both clinical and support staff. Management are cliquey, disorganised, extremely petulant, and are only interested in helping to provide the bare minimum in terms of patient care if it makes them a sizeable profit margin. They are frequently rude to patients and junior staff are treated like cockroaches. No room for development/progression other than pricey "productivity" courses put on by the CEO far too last-minute to take the time off to attend. Was always paid on-time, however the amount was rarely correct. Leaving this company was easily the best decision I've ever made not only in terms of my career, but also both my physical and mental health. Unfortunately peers of mine who worked at other branches (and since left) have reported very similar experiences.

Unfortunate experience

Company pays you peanuts. Not enough to cover monthly bills and rent. Management don’t care. Practice is a mess and no stability in workplace. No one listens to you and people are quick to turn their backs on you. I came into the company hoping for the best but unfortunately extremely disappointed. Will not be recommending this place to any dentists. Find a company that cares about the well-being of their staff.

Stressful and inequality

At first glance the company seemed okay, until you find out you don’t receive any sick pay, you can be forced to work at any location and you get screamed at all day by upset patients. Not worth the stress and would never recommend to anyone I care about

Pros

Depending on which location you work at, you can work weekday only

Cons

Bad pay, no benefits, no sick pay

Awful

Awful place to work. Never finished shift on time, mainly left to sole work, even when the manager could see that you had queues of patients in front of me. The management where appalling. The pay was ridiculous for the amount of abuse from patients , long hours and lone working.

Pros

Cons

As above

Poor management

Pay your staff what they deserve and show them apreciation ! So many hard working nurses have left this job as they were underpaid , overworked by running between surgeries and covering reception , never listened too by unexperienced managers , too much favouritisms going on and nobody to stand by them .

Toxic work environment

Bad experience, poor management. Empty diaries, bad communication. Toxic work environment. No training or mentoring available. Job insecurity. Huge fluctuation.

Pros

n/a

Cons

poor management, bad communication

Stay away

Money grabbing, no concern for employees, leaving trainees to do jobs they shouldn't be allowed to.Demanding rediculous things from you, some dentist are nice but some are so disrespectful.

Pros

Free dental checks

Cons

Everything else

Poor management

Bad experience , poor management. Empty diaries, bad communication. Toxic work environment. No training or mentoring available. Job insecurity. Good pay.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Toxic work culture, poor management

Progressive and rewarding

My professional journey with Damira began almost 2 years ago and I now feel that I am in a better position to review the company. There are pros and cons attached to any company you work for and Damira is no exception. However, the pros far outweigh the cons for me. The workload can be overwhelming at times but nothing that can't be managed if you are focused. The tasks are varied so that you experience the full function of a Finance Department, from invoicing to payroll. No two days are the same here and I have learnt so much more than I anticipated. I have advanced rapidly here, much of which I attribute to my strong work ethic however, I cannot negate the support I have received and continue to receive from the Head of Department and the Director. Thank you, Damira. I look forward to playing my part in your imminent rise...

Pros

Varied reponsibilities, flexibility, acknowledgement of hard work

Cons

The workload can get heavy

Family feel and great support

This is a great company to work for should you want to feel like part of a family. This is a company that wants the best for employees and will encourage them to progress.During the pandemic they have supported staff with health and well-being and have ensure all staff are given equipment and PPE to aid covid safety for all visitors and staff members. The company has great communication within management, HR and support office and there is always someone to ask if help is needed. Damira is a great place to work, it’s a hard working corporate company with a family feel!!

Pros

Acknowledgement of hard work, eager to support staff, progression within the company

Fast paced, great people, fun

Been here 6 years, always been supported through my progression, staff are all great, good atmosphere and a very professional company to work for. I would highly recommend working for Damira.

Pros

Great team

Don't work here!

Very dishonest company. They will exploit and use you for their own gain..ie expect too much of you. High turn around off staff. Poor managemt and training.

A fast pace and exciting place to work

It is great to work with such inspiring and supportive managers and for a growing company. No two days are the the same and it is so nice to be able to work so closely with our dental practices all over the country.

Pros

Great hours, friendly teams, varied work

Bullying corporate company

Don’t waste your time working for this awful bullying corporate company that don’t care about you and only about making money and not about the hard working underpaid and under appreciated staff

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad management, no progression

Terrible company to work for

Worked for them fow a couple of years and they are an absolute joke. Nurses get minimum wage that increases by a ridiculous percentage every year ( not even matches the inflation rate) , management is never supportive no matter how hard you work, they don't value their staff at all they just care about making money. Was an experience for me but Damira is definitely not a good company to work for.

Pros

Life experience:)

Cons

Salary, management..everything that matter in a job

don’t waste your time!

honestly an awful place to work not just because it’s an emergency walk in but head office/area managers are bloody horrific at any organisation and general problem that come their way. Senior management and owner of company have an unattainable dream of the practice and have high expectations that are just impossible to meet. from embarrassing suggestions to make to patients to just complete incompetence when handling any issue, the management of this place is a mess... their way of solving an issue is sacking anyone involved or doing nothing.. don’t get me wrong my practice manager is great!!! And really supports the team but unfortunately is constantly let down by his seniors!

Pros

Near greggs, near Pizza Hut etc

Cons

everything else

Job

I work at DAMIRA in for some year in London the the dentist are very lovely and the receptionist to the nurses are great but the manager is not she soo rude and dont pay attention the to real things

Awful company

I worked for Damira for 9yrs and no matter how much you show your potential it goes unrecognised. Managers lack in management skills and communication. The senior managers are always protected by the Director even if they are wrong which shows staffs are not an asset to the company. Workload and salary is a complete joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Damira Dental Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement