DAMON'S RESTAURANT

Working at DAMON'S RESTAURANT: 16 DAMON'S RESTAURANT Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Very hectic and overworked

Provide the perfect service experience for every Guest Ensure the Guest feels important and welcome in house Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner Know all food liquor, beer, wine and retail offered Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed Follow all cash handling policies and procedures Arrive on time and in presentable uniform

Any job is better than working at damons

The manager isn't understanding at all, you get shouted at for helping the chef's out, I got fired and they refused to give me a reason as to why I was getting fired even though I asked multiple times. NEVER WORK HERE

Insights into DAMON'S RESTAURANT

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Don't do it

Owner sits at the bar instead if in his office, watching your every move, you will get told to do something one way one day (how they tell you to do it) then the next day get told of for doing it wrong by the same person. Some of the managers were great and could get along with them easily, shifts are hard to cover as management don't help.

Pros

Use to get free dinner if only you were doing a double shift

Great

Good to work for Definitely recommend if you haven’t worked there before I would definitely Give it a go friendly staff nice people all round good job.

It was a great place to work as a part time job or a start up, staff were well managed and knew what they were doing in their specific roles. Busy periods got intense but there was enough staff to keep the place running smoothly on most occasions

Pros

Free lunches

Productive, funwork place.

They taught me how to use industrial cleaning agents and cleaning equipment, however the work had little hours on 2 hours a week, lefted because it had closed down

Cons

Little hours

Lack of hours

I worked at Damon's during a Christmas Period, were I expected to work a least the hours that I applied to do. However almost every week I got a call saying that I was not needed, this got annoying after a while as I constantly had to cancel plans and not make any plans in the first place because I thought I had to go to work for example on a Wednesday evening, the Wednesday afternoon I got a call saying that I was not needed. The funniest thing is, after about a year after I quit, I kept on getting voicemails from them saying that I was not needed to go to work. Shows how much they care about their employees.

Pros

Got tips

Cons

Lack of hours

difficult and stressful but ok

pay is okay when customers are satisfied, managment genrally okay but some things like taking 1% of business earning that night taken out of wait staff wages is not great, usually paid for in tips though, excellent co-worker relationships

flexible hours and enjoyable workplace

An enjoyable place to work with the chance to learn many different skills in different job roles from front of house work to kitchen work. Friendly management team providing support for staff when its needed as well as ensuring each member of staff has a suitable amount of hours. This workplace works well with university students as shifts can be flexible, a typical day at work involves serving customers, making drinks and providing an overall good service. The hardest part of the job would be that there are sometimes some late night shifts depending on the shift you are on but still this is not too frequent, overall this restaurant is a good place to develop skills with a decent pay rate and the opportunity to learn different job roles.

Pros

tips, friendly staff, good opportunities

Bad hours.

I personally enjoyed my time working at Damon's. I learnt a lot more than I would in a normal café, so the role was very beneficial for me and really improved my experience in a kitchen environment. I also believe that it was a good step on the ladder for me and has helped me strive for a harder role. The main problem was the hours as I never knew when I was going to be working.

Pros

The people

Cons

The hours

lovely place to work

this company is lovely to work for and the staff there are really friendly and it is a good business to progress further in your career or the the business its self.

decent place to work

learned how to make various cocktails and drinks. my co workers were fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job was checking delivery as well as maintaining the bar on a busy morning shift.

Pros

money off meals

Cons

rubbish hours

not a bad company to work for

didn't really enjoy the job to be honest the hourly rate wasn't very good and the hours wasn't very good either to be honest sometimes only used to work a hour a day and then get sent home by management because it wasn't busy enough to work

Pros

free food after shifts

Cons

hours wasnt really long enough

Fast-paced and lively environment

During my time at this company I acquired excellent management skills and faced different challenges on a daily basis.

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

Long hours and not treated with respect

Fun but tiring workplace.

Typically I washed the plates and cutlery that came in after being used. I also emptied bins and mopped the floor when it was required. I also had to take the plates to the head chef and sometimes collect food from the freezer. At the end of the night I also had to clean the work space, and assist the other staff in the cleaning of theirs. I learnt to work quickly and efficiently so that there was always enough plates to serve food, also learnt to work in a team. My co-workers were nice, they always had fun whilst getting the work done, it was a good atmosphere to work in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I kept on top of the incoming dishes as they could stack up very quickly on busy nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction at the end of the night knowing that everything went well and there were no problems.

hard demanding job.

its been a long time since i have worked for damons but it was hard over 10 years ago, good job to move up the ladder of promotion from dish washer to head chef of an area in 6-9 months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAMON'S RESTAURANT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare DAMON'S RESTAURANT with

• DAMON'S RESTAURANT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?