Damons Restaurant

Damons Restaurant Employee Reviews

the job was easy to get into but very much demanding from management. You was expected to have everything done within a certain amount of time. Other than that many work colleagues was easy to get on with and the job was okay once you got your head down into it.
You need to keep an eye on what your working in this place, the management deduct hours to meet their labour targets to get their bonus at the end of every month. Fraudulent company definitely avoid
Cons
I enjoyed working at Damons because the hours suited my lifestyle, so that I could also spend time with my elderly father. I enjoyed keeping the customers happy and them returning back.
Absolutely diobolical I mean everyone in the kitchen is sleeping with a waitress, then you have the managers who think they are better than everybody else but in reality they don’t know what they are doing Then you have the lads in the kitchen the lad on rib prep when I was there was always on drugs... the others where the same sat in their cars smoking weed or hiding in the little tree area across the road. All immature bullies
My experience at Damon’s was one that I wouldn’t recommend to others as it was not enjoyable or helpful in the ways that would be effective for me to develop. The team was like a family but I did not like it and came to the conclusion it was not a job or environment for me, it was a place for people who have more time to work and I could only do evenings and some weekends.
They made me feel sad. They treated staff too harsh and made me feel like I was worthless. I would work whenever they needed me, would come in when people had called in sick but they continued to be rude and treat me and other staff badly.
Good benefits from working well paid and also co-workers are easy and good to get along with and also overtime avaliable and easy to move up the ladder if your dedicated to working
Will mess you around with shifts, management are rude and disrespectful towards lower staff, shifts are poor, long, tiring and hot. Pay is good however definitely not equivalent to the work done. Good for experience but not long term. Wouldn’t recommend at all.
Good money and good regular customers not enough focus on the customers too worried about people wearing grey socks instead of black hours are long and you DONT get a free meal if you double just get discount on it
Pros
Money customers
Cons
Management don’t have a clue
Promise full time hours then when it’s quiet you get knocked off a shift you pay 1 percent on the money you take that day if you have a walkout it comes out of your wages if you don’t make tips it costs you to work if you are not in with the click of people you get the worst hours and the worst jobs wouldn’t recommend working here
Pros
Cons
Paying for walkouts and paying to work
Enjoyed working here. Training given was ok but most was learned on the job. Lots of new people incoming all the time. I built up some very good life skills here. Sickness policy is not very good as you are excluded from the rota for 2 weeks if you call in sick. Depending on time of start, it was taking food orders, relaying to kitchen, giving options of dishes, taking drinks orders and fulfilling those, dealing with any customer enquiries, taking dishes away and ensuring customer has always got what they need and are happy with their service and food. Taking payments and handling cash etc. Ensure stations are cleared and ready for next customers. Job was very past paced and I really enjoyed this aspect of the job.
Pros
good tips
Cons
varied hours, sickness/absemce policies
Terrible the only good thing is the staff are great it’s managed poorly and your treated like dirt honestly you could work at any job and it would be better than here
Pros
Cons
Alot
Working here really benefited me in terms of paying for university and saving for a new car, as I was working full-time. It was mostly evening work and finishing late, and contracted hours really helped keep a balanced workflow and pay. I'd often do double-shifts (morning to late night) as I didn't mind the long hours. Management, at times, can be inattentive to the waitstaff when needed for things like putting discounts on bills, but there are a lot of tables to attend to so this was understandable for the most-part.
Pros
good hours
Cons
sometimes stressful
great place to work, very friendly staff. I have advanced from a cook to a full time kitchen manager, running the kitchen with a team of managers. The hardest part of the job is the hours in relation to my children. I don't see them as much as I would like due to working weekends permanently. This is the main reason for me searching for alternative employment. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction. When my team gets compliments from customer that means I'm doing my job correctly and to the best of my ability.
Pros
salary
Cons
working hours
Damon's is a 0 hour contract so there is no set hours. Shifts can vary depending on how busy the restaurant is. Wages can also vary. My typical day at working is making sure the place is clean and tidy. I clean tables and reset them for the next guests and make sure that everything is stocked up etc. plates, sauces. The job is very repetitive. Whilst doing this job i learnt how to multitask and how to quickly think of the best solution for things. The staff are all very nice and friendly; They make you feel very welcome. The hardest part of the job is trying to get everything done when the restaurant is very busy. The most enjoyable part is making new friends and helping each other, plus you get tips every shift.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No set hours
Enjoy meeting new people, learning new skills and the support of the management, the staff were supportive and easy to get along with
Pros
Nice work and life balance
Cons
Short hours
The hardest part of working here was having to constantly keep up with the pace and try not to fall behind. My co-workers were a lively and friendly group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out at the end of a shift.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Overall this place looks like it's taken some criticism on here, and in the most It's deserved. Damons is a very heavy handed organisation who do micro manage every last bit of their company, which is fine other than mostly it smothers the staff like a blanket and causes uneccesarry pressure and stress. The management (GM, AGM and supervisors) are all decent people who bust a gut every day, the staff do the same with most chipping in to help out on extra shifts. Unfortunately Lincoln is the head office so every day the big men of the business sit in the bar watching over, it's intimidating and as a review below says they toy with the managers. A lot of the ground rules are a little too strict, it's fine to have policies to go by but some of them are a little extreme, for example the sin bin which makes waitstaff work against each other and causes conflict not teamwork. It is true, Damons have lost a lot of key employees, the ones who come in unnoticed and graft, or the once loyal ones. It's an absolute shame, I couldn't bring myself to give it 1 star because I met some decent people there but Damons as a company need to take a long hard look at themselves and review how they talk, deal and treat people. Something is wrong If staff are leaving a full time job to go part time at a takeaway or a bar, it's a case of quickest way out possible.
Pros
tips, hours (if you want them)
Cons
too much pressure, uneccesarry micro managing, staff treated poorly
Never in all my life have I worked for a company that bullies staff like Damons do . If your face fits your laughing if it dosnt tough . I made some really good friend's while working there but that was the only good thing about working there . If you ring in sick your taken off the rota for 2weeks unless their short staffed then you get a phone call saying your needed back at work . Now I have left and work for a company that know how to treat their staff . Sadly the management really do not have a clue how to treat staff with the respect they deserve .
i worked as a waitperson at lincoln damons in 2013. it's a very clicky place and if you don't fit in your aren't going to make it very far. ive had numerous waiting jobs across lincoln but damons is like no other. the first thing that struck me is how full on everybody is there. there is very little time to find your feet and if you don't make the grade in the first week or so you will find yourself out of a job quite quickly. within weeks i was the only one left from my induction day. the staff seemed miserable, i only got on with a couple of them. i was only with damons for several months and after several clashes with the management team over a thing called a sin bin, in which it punishes staff who arent able to take their food to there table, even if you are busy serving others. some of the rules in place are far too harsh, eventually i handed my notice in and returned to my previous job. damons has nice food but of all the restauarants and bars ive worked in, this was by far the strangest and most stressful. before i came this place was told of as one of the best restaurants to work in, so i was over the moon to get this position but the job isnt very enjoyable and certainly isnt as good as working for some of the pub chains ive worked in. i dont know whats changed but ive seen several staff who've now followed me out the door and the were all relieved to get away.
Pros
tips
Cons
stressful
It was a very busy environment as it is a high end restaurant. You always have to keep on your toes and not let anything overwhelm you.
  1. Employee reviews