Dardan Security

Dardan Security Employee Reviews

Management don't listen to you

Management don't listen to you /train you enough/help you excel at your job/hardly see any supervisors on sites.Worked there for over 20 years ,glad to get out ,very poor management !.

Pros

Work on your own, do you own things (patrols etc), the way you want to do them, as long as you do what is required

Cons

No progression within the company, you are made to feel like a bum on a seat only

Management very poor

Do not trust this company promise good benefits have not seen any in over ten years very poor wages based on the area you live and especially where you work management have not got any backbone they do not help with problems poor equipment especially for mobile drivers lot of the time no signal on phone the control team aren't a lot of help either you are mostly left on your own with little until something goes wrong then it is a disaperieny, now x employee best thing I have done.

Pros

Cons

Poor wages, except a lot for Poor pay

Feel let down

I was working here for two years. In the beginning its was really good. My manager left and I feel things turned sour fast. I didnt enjoy coming to work and had no support. The company has taken a nose dive recently I suspect changes in their culture. I am now out of the industry and enjoy my new role. I cant see thing i.proving. wish my former collegues all the best.

Pros

Shift work

Cons

Non responsive control and new management

Started Alright, Quickly Downhill

No regard for staff health or time off. Constant extra jobs required. Sudden site changes due to call offs. Expect too much for such minor pay. Wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

Stressful

Not to be trusted

Working in Cambridge the management don't answer calls and can't be trusted not a place i recommend. Probably the worst management I have experienced.

Pros

Non

Cons

Managers dont answer no hr control dont help

Lying management

Don't trust the management, they promise you one thing but do totally the opposite. They are just concerned of covering the positions. For the better paid jobs, management appoints their own people and not giving chance to anyone else.

Pros

Na

Cons

Long boring hours

Good experience

So far everything is working smooth .Management is caring and helpful. Plenty of work with payment on time. No work place is 100% . It takes bit of a time to adjust and this is with every employer.

Good company

Great company to work for. Have been working for Dardan Security for more than a year and have had no issues with working for them. Always paid on time and holidays are approved quickly. Management are always helpful and there is plenty of work available.

Top Class management

I am very humbled by my manager in the Cambridge area, he is very supportive to our needs and voices our opinions to the clients. Quick to communicate and has a good support manager who is on hands to assist with lower levels issues. Thanks for all you do! only issues around this employer is their mobile drivers come across unprofessional and don't support us well on sites when needed. control generally listen and resource team respond well. keep up the good work.

Pros

wages

Terrible!

The most unprofessional company i have ever worked for. If I could give minus 1 star for the management I would. They constantly lie to you and tell you what you want to hear. Avoid.

Pros

Cons

Everything about them

Bully based employer

High pressure work place, management only interested in the client at the expense of the people. Not great with new people, no time given to adjust to their way of working.You have to be available 24hrs a day, so no work life balance, you are deemed a whinger if you say anything, or it's the way we work leave if you don't like it...

Pros

Easy access

Cons

All the above...

No Dignity

Working for this company was ok in the beginning, everything was relaxed.., however after time when I progressively became more pro-active, as in many places.., jealousy and resentment came with it also, despite being a genuine honest chap myself asides from being civil and hospitable, this was not the case for the management team, everybody wore masks polite to each other’s faces and behind the backs would insinuate otherwise

Pros

Pay was good, 4 on 4 off nice system.

Cons

Bad management, nepotism, racism.

It’s what you make of it!

Good company but has its faults like every company Plenty of work and overtime available Ignore all other reviews It’s what you make of it I personally thought it was ok lots of hours worked but the job itself was very slow and sometimes boring

Terrible company

Terrible company don't care for the wellbeing of their staff only care about getting shifts covered spoken to appealingly and don't allow you to have a life

Pros

Discount on cinema tickets

Cons

To many to list

Not company to work for

Do not work for them you work long hrs but no time to rest for break work all weekend no time for family life you do what they say not how you do it not good

Good working / life balance

Full uniform supplied 6 month probation period Nice clean working conditions Wages paid on time , although 8 working days after the end of the month, (Not including weekends).

confused by promises made and not kept.

I can say so much but I'll keep it simple. We agreed I'd be given a certain amount of hours to start, but as recent cut so low I had to struggle to pay my rent. Worked a whole year and refused holiday pay, Now someone else is working my day shifts, They have done a good job of being the worst company I've ever worked for. Chunks of my wages missing. When I try to resolve issues nobody wants to answer phones or they send messages like they are on holiday for 14 days. (the fact that I'm even writing this shows how frustrated I am).

Very bad

On feet all day. No time to breath.. Paid pennies. Mangers rubbish. Don't have a clue what's going. Worst team of security staff. Hate it. Can't think of anything worse than having to wake up and go in to that dump

Avoid. Shockingly bad.

This company is rotten from director level all the way to the officers. They treat their staff appallingly and expect nothing but loyalty in return. They often miscalculate wages, renege on contractual overtime payments and expect staff to work without breaks. The morale of the staff was abysmal and the client they were contracted too was an absolute nightmare. Avoid at all costs.

10 October 2019
I am sorry that you have a negative experience especially in relation to your pay. We run and manage our payroll in-house to ensure we are able to deliver the right pay on time, every time and have an excellent track record in doing so. We have restructured the team in Aberdeen and received excellent feedback, internal promotions & operational support moving to core contracts so I would be really keen to understand your experience in detail. Your review doesn't reference whether you left Dardan or whether you are still working with us but either way, in confidence, I would like to hear from you victoria.barry-woods@dardansecurity.co.uk

Security Supervisor - Holborn

It very funny that this role keeps coming up every three months. You need to start asking yourself, none of the other supervisors made it thru the probation period? The SM will set you up for a great fall...will tell one thing and stir the staff up against you. HR does not know what happens at this site, maybe they should investigate the SM.

10 October 2019
Thanks for your review. Leaving any company is challenging in a number of ways; people moving on can impact moral, costs money and can impact on the confidence in the hiring/management process. No one wins from hiring someone and it doesn't work out. We have had a range of roles at managerial levels available in London and these are such crucial roles that there is pressure to get the right people. It sets the tone, professionalism and behaviour for the teams that they supervise and the client they deliver to. If you want to share your experience in detail please reach out to victoria.barry-woods@dardansecurity.co.uk

Huge changes in Aberdeen

Currently several months into a demanding yet highly rewarding role. Retained some of the very best Security Operators in the country who continue to support Supervisors and Management daily in a constantly improving operation. Supervision team bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in all fields of the operation providing a consistently high standard & stable operation. Dardan have recruited fresh eyes with tremendously positive personalities who support our clients relentlessly to protect the Aviation Operation out of Aberdeen. Their Customer Service skills are superb and are a real credit to both Dardan and our clients. We are succeeding in improving standards internally with a great investment from Dardan to support our development and adopting a “one team” approach to the operation. One of the very best teams I have had the pleasure of managing, despite poor weather affecting finishing times, the loyalty of the Aberdeen team has been unrivalled. Long hours in this industry are sometimes required however with a superb and supportive team, it really does make the job worthwhile. Dardan provide excellent quality uniform and training programmes to help us achieve our goals. Senior Management bring years of operational experience in the Security Sector and their support is present daily. Pay is very good for the area and all issues are rectified immediately, usually on the same day. Very much a company that looks after their employees.

10 October 2019
Thanks so much for your review and I am so happy to hear these views reflected from the team in Aberdeen. So much input and hard work with great results!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dardan Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9