Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust

Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work

Thoughtful management excellent support of work / home-life balance. I would definitely work here again in the same department. I really flourished in this role and had really good managers.

5 March 2021
Thank you for your wonderful review. It's always great to read such fabulous feedback.

Appalling pay for health care assistants

Car parking costs over £10 a day for staff, it will take over 5 years to obtain a car parking permit.Irrespective of your experience, a health care assistant will only be offered one of 2 rates. Does not support band 4 roles in practice, nor further development of roles.

Cons

Lack of professional development

19 May 2021
We were sorry to read your review and that you felt so unsupported. We do hope that any other staff member who feels this way will speak to us. We very much want to progress our staff and have recently launched a career section on our website highlighting opportunities for staff to progress. With regards to the parking charges, the £10 you have mentioned is the full day parking charge in the patients / visitors car park, not the staff car park.

A good place to work, everyone committed

I started working in the Trust since 1984There have been significant changes within the trust.I worked in many areas including Day Care Unit, Medical, Surgery and Elderly Care.Have recently working within the Occupational health department for which l thoroughly enjoyed

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not enough staff

God awful place full of bully’s & hypocrites

I can’t wait to find alternative employment elsewhere. Management are bully’s - whistleblowers are their favourite victims. Whatever you do, DO NOT apply for a job at this Trust!!!!

5 March 2021
We were very sorry to read this review and that you felt so let down during your time working with us. Please do talk to us about your experiences.

It pays some of the bills

It's too much hard work for so little pay Always short staffed. Very unsafe working environment. However, it doesn't look like things are changing anytime soon

Productive Work Environment

There is always something new to learn on the NHS, challenged everyday as no two days are the same. The different tasks and situations allows you think of new ideas to help provide a most easy going and successful work place.

Good staff but poor management

Really lovely people most of the time who support you day to day but a very strong bullying culture from management which is swept under the carpet and not dealt with appropriately.

Pros

Supportive colleagues

Cons

Bullying from management

5 March 2021
We were pleased to see that your review included that we have some lovely staff, and we totally agree. However, the reference to bullying is extremely worrying and we would like to learn from your experience. Please do talk to us about it.

Varied, busy and satisfying

The actual role is interesting and varied, no two days are the same and each daily emergency is different from the last due to the different specialties withing the departments we each overlook. I have learnt a lot here, an improved understanding of purchase to pay systems in a large environment and the idiosyncrasies that arise within that framework. I've learnt to follow procurement best practice, audit requirements and how to deal with the more difficult aspects of the role. Patient care comes first and that inevitably that means managing some challenging situations and dealing with the pressure to resolve said situation without delay. We have one manager within the department but are managed by GSTT, who took over our Procurement a year ago so we also have a procurement director, a sourcing director and an operations director as immediate hierarchy although they are based on another site. The workplace culture can be pressurized and sometimes difficult due to low staffing levels and political constraints on budget, both of which combine to make the workload difficult to manage and the pressure unrelenting. We actually find it difficult to take more than a few days holiday at a time as there is rarely cover which is probably the most difficult part of the role, trying to ensure a relatively good work/life balance without the staff to manage that. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rapport I have built up with my customers internally, the directors of my directorates and their staff, and the external suppliers I work with. I have built a culture of trust with the -

Pros

Interestingly varied role, purchasing & finance lead but includes so much more

Cons

Staff shortages, pressure is unrelenting

5 March 2021
Thank you for your review, it is certainly true that working in the NHS is very busy, though the end rewards are very satisfying especially knowing that you are making a difference to peoples lives. We note your comment about GSTT within the Procurement Department, which is no longer the case. The Procurement Department is now back in house and under Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust solely again.

Big hospital with small hospital feel

Busy but nice district general hospital to work for. On the whole the clinical staff are great and the seniors are always willing to help drive forward novel projects. Plenty of frustration with some of the systems but nothing you wouldn't get at any other hospital and they certainly don't outweigh the positives of working at Darent Valley.

Terrible team members and terrible managers

In all honesty I hated my experience at this trust. It was probably the worst job I've worked in my life. Processes not in place. Very out of date procedures and manual work overload. Management team were quite hopeless on building team relationships and better working practices. Very high staff turnover Bullying within the office and especially within the team.

Pros

Cons

Bullying in the team with no help from management

5 March 2021
This is a very heartfelt review and certainly one that is difficult to read. We are extremely sorry that this was your experience whilst you were with us. Hopefully you did raise your concerns at the time. We would be very interested to learn from your experience if you were ever in a position to share them with us.

fun work place

very productive and fun work based.it requires one to work in a team and the work is always satisfactory at the end. The culture and management are very supportive to the staff . Having worked there for over a year it was a great place to be and would always feel like a family

Hard Working

Most Days seem to be very full on with pressures of maintaining to provide excellent service to the public. People can be very stressed but this is the pressure that comes with the job. This Hospital provides an excellent service but it comes with hard work. Can be very rewarding.

Cons

Car park is very expensive and long waiting list to get a place

5 March 2021
Thank you for your review, we do agree that some roles are pressurised by the very nature of our business but it is lovely to read that you found your role very rewarding.

Hard work and very heavy workloads

Challenging and privileged position to work in, you will work as part of a team or on your own. Will gain a wealth of knowledge in medical terminology and all computer programmes.

Pros

medical terminology

Cons

Very heavy workloads

5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, your comments relating to challenging and privileged have been taken on board.

Decent place to work

I have learnt how to work with people from different backgrounds and individuals with different personalities and learnt to get along with them. I have increased my knowledge of IT software packages especially Excel. I have also learnt how to use the financial systems Integra and Crystal Reports.

NHS Hospital

As a medical secretary/PA to two full time consultants my days were busy and varied. Many letters typed, queries dealt with, etc. I learnt varied medical terminology during my 14 years employed there. Management very nurse led - therefore not particularly supportive of administrative staff. Co-workers hardworking and dedicated. Hardest part of job - not enough clerical support, most enjoyable part the feeling at the end of the week of a job well done

5 March 2021
Thank you for the review and it's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us as it made you feel you made a difference. We have taken on board your other comments about support and being so busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust Reviews by Location

• Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?