David Lloyd Clubs

United Kingdom791 reviews

Great place to work!

Featured review

David Lloyd Clubs selected this as a representative review
I have worked at David Lloyd for 14 years. I love my job it's very rewarding and satisfying. Everyone I work with is supportive and friendly and support is always given when needed. Every month someone is awarded with a Team Member of the Month Award where they are recognised for their hard work. Winners are taken out for the day for a fun activity and food. When I won we played crazy golf. Every year someone is also awarded Team Member of the Year from each club and get taken on an amazing holiday. Earlier this year I went to Dubai and it was amazing. It makes me realise even more how wonderful it is to work at David Lloyd Clubs.

fun

very good. i enjoyed working here but management can be annoying sometimes but just avoid them and it should all be good. colleagues are all very nice.

Pros

fun work mates

Cons

management

Insights into David Lloyd Clubs

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Stressful and left by yourself

As a chef at David Lloyd prepare to become a solo chef, understaffed and underpaid for the roles you have to do as a chef. Company would rather have only 2 chefs on in a busy kitchen and as company policy you are not allowed to hire a kitchen porter as apparently it’s the chefs jobs to do the cooking aswell as cleaning even if you run out of plates and cutlery. Closing team only ever has 1 person for bar and staff closing which means getting the washing up done, cleaning down surfaces, writing down temperatures, wastage, cooking information and cleaning schedule can become very daunting all by yourself. Scheduled up until 8:30 but don’t get out till 9:30 because the kitchen is big therefore more to clean and if you are scheduled until 8:30 you do not get paid for any over time.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, management don’t care

Fun place to work!

I honestly have no issues- I enjoyed working here straight away, and ended up staying for nearly 3 years. Purely a change in personal circumstances led to me leaving. It feels like a big family. The perks are good too

Fast paced and exciting, with amazing opportunities to develop

David Lloyd have given me many opportunities to develop my skills and progress. There is a real sense of belonging and we are encouraged to create a fun and friendly environment, getting to know our peers and members. There are many opportunities to shares thoughts and ideas with management, to grow and improve. Working for David Lloyd is fast paced and exciting with many opportunities to work across different departments.

Value Lead Business

A great company to work for who live and breath great values and truly invest in their people. Very flexible working arrangements to suit your personal needs. Senior leadership team very supportive and responsive.

Awesome Working Environment

Brilliant culture throughout the company and loads of support around whenever it’s needed. High challenge but high reward also! Proud to work for DL and passionate about what we do.

Great place to work!

I have worked for the company a little over a year and can honestly say it’s been absolutely fantastic. I feel there is great support given and the opportunity to progress is there if you want it. The days are always different and we have an amazing team that work well together so it’s just like my extended family as that’s where I spend most of my time.

Pros

Great progression and support

Cons

I don’t have any!!!

Lots of opportunities to work within other areas of the company

From the day I had the interview, I knew this was right for me , the interview was friendly and did not feel pressured,it took a couple of days for a decision, then a reply of acceptance, food & beverage (as it was called then) had good team ways of working, and settled straight in , as I was making progression options opened for further progress within the company, know as a Dm i fee I’ve achieved

Pros

Members satisfaction, is a key to a good day, good management and friendly staff

Cons

Long hours yes but that’s part of the trade we’re in

Professional and Fun Workplace

I have worked for David Lloyd for 20 years and absolutely love the Company. We work hard and play hard. There are many opportunities and training for development and career progression.David Lloyd values its employees and shows this with the best reward and recognition events for deserving employees including an all expenses paid 5 day holiday each year for team member winners and regular events over the year as a big thank-you to employees for their hard work. The best part of the job is the team work that we as employees embrace and my experience is that all employees at any level are friendly and fun to work with always ready to give support to each other making it a very enjoyable workplace.

Superb company to work for

Brilliant work culture, with a great team ethic. The management team listen and act with their employees best interests at heart. The company has a clear vision with relevant strategies to constantly evolve. Proud to work for such an awesome business.

Amazing place to work

I am 65yrs old and I have had many jobs during my working career but hand on heart I can honestly say DL is by far the best employer I have worked for.

Great Fun with lots of development opportunities

The culture at David Lloyd is brilliant from day 1. I was given a 2 week buddy when I started who made me feel at home while I completed my Induction. I met the General Manager on Day 1 who talked to a group of new starters about the History, Vision and Values at David Lloyd. I regularly get feedback from my line manager and there are loads of opportunities to develop within the buisness. I have been very impressed so far

Pros

Free Memebership for me and my family

Cons

N/a

Supportive, fun and one big family

Honestly joined DL as a stepping stone but have found my happy work home. I work with a team of fabulous and supportive people who I genuinely miss when I am away.I was lucky enough to be rewarded with a trip to Miami with other wonderful people within the company and I can honestly say we have some truly wonderful and special people working for us.Opportunity wise and progression wise I cannot complain. Had the opportunity to learn about many new areas of the club and have had the opportunity to develop in other areas such as training and HR. I couldn’t be more pleased with my choice to join DL.

Great place to work, 16 years and counting!

Just got back from an all expenses paid holiday to Miami! David Lloyd rewards hard work and dedication like no other company, the people and the culture are second to none. I cannot recommend David Lloyd highly enough.

Love DL

I’ve worked at DL for over 12 years and can honestly say the environment is world class. I started when in the Club Room as a server when I was at uni and have been promoted 5 times within 12 years and given the best support and advice possible. I’ve also had the privilege to work in 4 clubs on the UK and work in our EU clubs in Germany, Spain, Geneva and Italy.

Pros

Annual Team member of the year trip to Miami, free membership for you and partner, 50% off club room discounts, discounts for Friends and family, cycle to work scheme, apprenticeships and degrees studies available, the Best working environment

Cons

Hard work but worth it if you are passionate about health and fitnes & lifestyle

Fun workplace with great benefits and rewards

Fast paced workplace with a great social atmosphere. Members are generally lovely. Never have the same day twice. Range of facilities are amazing.

Pros

Team rewards trips, free memberships

Fun workplace

Great place to work and great team depending on which one you go to big discount on food which is 50 percent nice managers. Friendly environment can be fast paced

Pros

Great team

Not great

I didn't work here long as I didn't find the job enjoyable. From day one your thrown straight into the deep end with no training. I join as a lifeguard but in reality it wasn't a lifeguard job, it was a cleaners job actually your a cleaner then a lifeguard here. From the moment the attitudes of the company were made very clear to me, management are power happy and love to pick and humiliate you. There quick to point out your mistakes but never praise any progress that you make. Hard workers are not valued but instead picked on and those who slack off, rude and lazy are favoured more. Due to most staff being young and not wanting to make a scene, this continued to happen after a few staff raised concerns, and the changes only affected the ones who said anything. Management don’t set a good example on how to behave as they spend most of the time messing around, they never support you unless your in the group. Management seems to only care about numbers. New staff aren’t aloud to join in and bond as were told to go away. I clearly wasn’t in the crowd nor did I try and want to be.The turnover for this company is very high and very alarming which really doesn't surprise me as I can remember seeing 2-4 staff members come in once and stayed for one day (correct day) and left and others after what they saw and realized what they were letting themselves Infor did the same. The minute you make a complaint your sacked on the spot for made up reasons and they will try and make you out to be bad at the job and issue you letters of concerns for pretty much anything.There is a clear -

Pros

Free gym but thats it

Cons

great place to work with nice people.

I can honestly say looking back it was one of the best places I've worked at, besides one boss who was lazy and just liked to walk around talking to members pretending he was in busy meetings... everyone else was brilliant, extremely helpful

Fantastic Place to work

Excellent environment, great premium tools for the job also. Management team are great, vision and strategy is clear to help departments move forward.

Pros

Free Membership, Social Gatherings

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Lloyd Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement