David Lloyd Clubs

United Kingdom800 reviews

Great place to work!

Featured review

David Lloyd Clubs selected this as a representative review
I have worked at David Lloyd for 14 years. I love my job it's very rewarding and satisfying. Everyone I work with is supportive and friendly and support is always given when needed. Every month someone is awarded with a Team Member of the Month Award where they are recognised for their hard work. Winners are taken out for the day for a fun activity and food. When I won we played crazy golf. Every year someone is also awarded Team Member of the Year from each club and get taken on an amazing holiday. Earlier this year I went to Dubai and it was amazing. It makes me realise even more how wonderful it is to work at David Lloyd Clubs.

The worst place I have ever worked.

The company is a complete shambles as well as the managers. No one has much clue what they are doing and everyone is sent in circles. Wealthy members will treat you with no respect. Hierarchy and one rule for one, one for another. Steer clear. The head office of the company will hold onto any penny of the members money that they can, leading to anger and frustration at the employees. One week you will be working 40+ hours and the next you will be working 8.

Pros

Free Gym Membership.

Cons

Badly run company. Managers power hungry.

Insights into David Lloyd Clubs

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks

It is ok for a student job

It is not all it is cracked up to be. Management use their staff to gain bonuses, they blame problems on the staff when really it is maintenance, and it is so pricey for a pretty bad return

Take take take

I'm pretty sure if DL could flog a dead horse they would.They always want more from youIt's never enough.They expect you to do the jobs or several different departments and then don't give you enough time to do your own job

Pros

Employment discount 2 free gym memberships for you and someone else. Access to training

Cons

All the extra work and long hours

Good pay but at a price

Worst example of corporate greed and a toxic work environment. Will expect the world from you and as soon as it’s no longer convenient discard you with out hesitation.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Working hours, pressured, no concern for individual wellbeing

People are great, company not so much

The staff are fantastic and it’s a shame the company don’t support us. Expect the best for minimum wage. F&B normally rushed off their feet and despite a great year hours are being cut.

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

Long hours, Low pay, no respect or gratitude from company

Fantastic learning environment with diverse members.

I’m really enjoying Personal Training at David Lloyd.Every day you get to meet new members and the team of work colleagues working in the different departments are always friendly, supportive and fun to be with.I love working at David Lloyd.Each day I learn something new in relation to further learning and development and each day I come home happy, relaxed and positive.

Awful work experience

Colleagues in my room were so disrespectful .Manager had no time to deal with the staff behaviour ,So I decided to leave rather than coming home stressful.It was a nightmare experience.I am more than Happy with my new job .

Staff are always very nice kind people

Budget restraints, causing over work loadNo clear direction and bad middle and upper managerMicro managed to deathLow pay, with next to no career progression or pay riseTerrible rota planning Amazing staff with a sense of familly Who are supportive of each other when management aren’t

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Low pay bad management

Enjoyed working here

Was a while ago but liked it. Customers could be a nightmare sometimes but the celebrities you seen coming in made up for it. Staff were lovely to work with. Staff perks were good.

fun

very good. i enjoyed working here but management can be annoying sometimes but just avoid them and it should all be good. colleagues are all very nice.

Pros

fun work mates

Cons

management

Stressful and left by yourself

As a chef at David Lloyd prepare to become a solo chef, understaffed and underpaid for the roles you have to do as a chef. Company would rather have only 2 chefs on in a busy kitchen and as company policy you are not allowed to hire a kitchen porter as apparently it’s the chefs jobs to do the cooking aswell as cleaning even if you run out of plates and cutlery. Closing team only ever has 1 person for bar and staff closing which means getting the washing up done, cleaning down surfaces, writing down temperatures, wastage, cooking information and cleaning schedule can become very daunting all by yourself. Scheduled up until 8:30 but don’t get out till 9:30 because the kitchen is big therefore more to clean and if you are scheduled until 8:30 you do not get paid for any over time.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, management don’t care

Fun place to work!

I honestly have no issues- I enjoyed working here straight away, and ended up staying for nearly 3 years. Purely a change in personal circumstances led to me leaving. It feels like a big family. The perks are good too

Fast paced and exciting, with amazing opportunities to develop

David Lloyd have given me many opportunities to develop my skills and progress. There is a real sense of belonging and we are encouraged to create a fun and friendly environment, getting to know our peers and members. There are many opportunities to shares thoughts and ideas with management, to grow and improve. Working for David Lloyd is fast paced and exciting with many opportunities to work across different departments.

Value Lead Business

A great company to work for who live and breath great values and truly invest in their people. Very flexible working arrangements to suit your personal needs. Senior leadership team very supportive and responsive.

Awesome Working Environment

Brilliant culture throughout the company and loads of support around whenever it’s needed. High challenge but high reward also! Proud to work for DL and passionate about what we do.

Great place to work!

I have worked for the company a little over a year and can honestly say it’s been absolutely fantastic. I feel there is great support given and the opportunity to progress is there if you want it. The days are always different and we have an amazing team that work well together so it’s just like my extended family as that’s where I spend most of my time.

Pros

Great progression and support

Cons

I don’t have any!!!

Lots of opportunities to work within other areas of the company

From the day I had the interview, I knew this was right for me , the interview was friendly and did not feel pressured,it took a couple of days for a decision, then a reply of acceptance, food & beverage (as it was called then) had good team ways of working, and settled straight in , as I was making progression options opened for further progress within the company, know as a Dm i fee I’ve achieved

Pros

Members satisfaction, is a key to a good day, good management and friendly staff

Cons

Long hours yes but that’s part of the trade we’re in

Professional and Fun Workplace

I have worked for David Lloyd for 20 years and absolutely love the Company. We work hard and play hard. There are many opportunities and training for development and career progression.David Lloyd values its employees and shows this with the best reward and recognition events for deserving employees including an all expenses paid 5 day holiday each year for team member winners and regular events over the year as a big thank-you to employees for their hard work. The best part of the job is the team work that we as employees embrace and my experience is that all employees at any level are friendly and fun to work with always ready to give support to each other making it a very enjoyable workplace.

Superb company to work for

Brilliant work culture, with a great team ethic. The management team listen and act with their employees best interests at heart. The company has a clear vision with relevant strategies to constantly evolve. Proud to work for such an awesome business.

Amazing place to work

I am 65yrs old and I have had many jobs during my working career but hand on heart I can honestly say DL is by far the best employer I have worked for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Lloyd Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement