Day Lewis Pharmacy

Day Lewis Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Never any staff to cover holidaysExpected to do the work of 2-3people with no praise.Unrealistic bonus scheme almost impossible to achieve.If you want to be in pharmacy to make money then a perfecy place.If your in pharmacy to help people and make a difference dnt bother.
Pros
Family ethos
Cons
Low wage
Great, fun working there, cooperative staff. Good management.I am working in pharmacy since 2012. Every staff in phamacy is friendly. Pharmacy is busy and sometime workload is more but due to good management and friendly environment everything sorted without any trouble.
Pros
Christmas bonus.
Cons
Travelling time is more
after 10 years no pay increasethe company don't care about their staffAll they want is to work, work.after 10 years still getting minimum wagesno care at all.
Day Lewis is a family run business and this shines through.Care about their staff.Wages are average for Pharmacy staff.Out of all the Pharmacy groups, I would reccommend working for Day Lewis
If you don't fit in you'r out they run a bully system if management doesn't like you they find any reason to sack you. Worst I've ever worked for steer clear.!!!!!!! If your liked one member of staff continually says 'love you' it's pathetic. Customers are all lovely just a shame about the staff who also tell lies about you in order to get you fired. 😟😖☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹🤪🤪🤪😠😬😬😬💀☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
Pros
Cons
Bully culture
Very nice i am very happy for this job courrant working from 2014 to on times pay friendly staff in the day lewis pharmacy plus bonas end of the year
Would not recommend working for Day Lewis, very stressful, understaffed, when I worked there it was minimum wage. No manager support, I worked there for over 20 years, they treated me bad so I would leave.
It's has a certain family atmosphere and you can rely on one another. It can be quiet for a couple of hours but can change within seconds. Theres always work to do but breaks are given accordingly.
I worked as a counter assistant. found it a good way to improve my experiment with customer service. the counter assistant would have to cash in every week, which i learnt
•Good learning experience •family culture values • pharmacy career opportunities • personal contact with senior management & ceo • interactive training • collaborative colleagues
Pharmacist and regional manager would always undermine me writing negative comments about me or to me on WhatsApp by letter before the start my shift.
Day Lewis company it self is perfect can’t fault the family they are one in a million and so thoughtful to their employees, just pick the right area. Larger pharmacy defiantly better.
Joke of a salary, Don't know how to treat their staff, short staff meaning immense pressure and stress all the time and ontop company deadlines and targets to meet.
A very good place to work. I learned how to work effectively and efficiently. I handled the cash in the till as I was working a customer service assistant.
I loved working in pharmacy, but, very stressful, very hard work and minimum wage. Accuracy is essential so its full on from 9am til 5.30pm. Great opportunity for learning and job satisfaction, but, not financially rewarding.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
Low paid for responsibility
Staffing issues not fixed, promised locums and staff and no one would appear Pharmacist left with low staffing and queuing patients, adding stress upon stress Quick to ring when figures are low but never wanting to solve staffing issues I left due to exhaustion off carrying others who gave up being a team member ages ago,
great team work, salary should be worked out on how busy the pharmacy is not just a general salary across the board, could work in a quieter one do 50% less work and still get paid the same
Daylewis pharmacy provided me with a friendly environment workplace which i had the chance to ask questions and get advice from different colleagues when ever i needed help. It was a busy pharmacy and alot of work needed to be done but with having a plan for the day and team work we managed to reach our targets and provide a good costumer service. The manager provided task for every single one of us and that helped us learn to become independent and know exactly what to do when she was on holiday. The hardest part was the busy period of the year( near christmas holidays or half terms) which we struggled with short staff and once i was at the counter and dispensing at the same time. Although at that time it was a challenge and i had to speed up and at the same time make sure to not make a mistake but that itself taught me how to multi task at these kind of situations. The most enjoyable part of working in a pharmacy was when we had patients that couldnt communicate in english and i was able to communicate with them either in Persian or Arabic and provide them with the service needed. This helped us get more non-english spoken patients to sign up in our pharmacy and that was a good news.
I cant say that the job is easy but which job is. However I've never loved a company more and I'm hard to please. So far they haven't done wrong in my book. Always on hand to help with support and assistance. Even the top bosses are approachable and friendly. Reward staff so much and appreciate all we do. The feeling of appreciation is always there
My role at Day Lewis involved taking controlled medication to patients in need and also just general day to day medication. I would also locate to different stores within the area to help with any cover. I would also help within the shop if my role for that day as delivering was completed. This was a very pressured environment due to people needing medication urgently and also before certain periods of the year for example bank holidays and seasonal holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and existing patients and due to them mostly being elderly they found it nice to have the same person to present them on daily or weekly basics with there medication.
Zero care about customers , too many mistakes in medications. Promise the earth, but deliver on nothing. Wouldn't recommend at all. Ruined a perfectly run community pharmacy, driven lovely staff away.
  1. Employee reviews