Day Lewis Pharmacy
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Day Lewis Pharmacy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom111 reviews

Good work culture

It's always busy everyday from open til close, even when we close for lunch time.working environment is good, colleagues are supportive, bonus is VERY good.The number is script is DOUBLED in a few years but number of staff still remain the same and more services and targets for the public are asked by the company. No replacement of staff since the nomad lady left, because they won't offer anymore than minimum wage.

work wasnt too bad. the environment was

management was horrible. gossip deteriorated my mental health. constant eyes on me i felt uncomfortable going to work. i would be ridiculed on doing the things i was taught by the management. i didn't mind the work. It was just too much stress on and pressure on being perfect. such a great opportunity for me but i had to quit. very strict.

Insights into Day Lewis Pharmacy

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Pay is to low

Earn more working in a supermarket. To little pay for the amount of work expected. Other than that very good company. Bonus goes down every year. The pay rises are a few pennys more if your lucky.

Great company to work for, management in the shop were amazing, couldn’t fault at all. Colleagues were amazing also, great communication between each other. Definitely enjoyed working there!

Very busy but fun to work there

I’ve just been promoted to assistant manager and can say that although it is very busy we are still able to have some fun. All in all a great place to work.

Learned a lot

Not good paying but it’s a good experience to build up your knowledge and experience ….. However over the time I’ve felt that I’m just doing the same thing and it became a bit boring for me

Great for progressing but stressful

Always willing to progress your career and move you up through the qualifications but most shops are understaffed and in disarray. Constantly behind, lack of a regular pharmacist meaning constantly playing catch up and walking into a mess

Bad management

Very bad management, no help when people are off sick or on holidays. Everyone treated differently and obvious favourites with management. Always gossiping about other staff.

Nice branch

I worked in a good branch but other shops are always behind on work and are always asking for staff. Wage is shocking and they care more about profit than patients. Most colleges are nice but there is a lot of gossip and telltale’s.

Pros

Conference 30% staff discount Progression but only in branch

Cons

Minimum pay Long hours 9am-6pm Expect too much Hounding about targets

Excelent

Excellent company paying on time always. I got chance to meet new people from different countries, I like the staff. Very good atmosphere to work. Would work again.

Busy but friendly

These are very busy pharmacies and most of the time you are left to the day to day activities with not much support from senior management, it seems the more you can do, the more is expected of you and you don’t often get to do your job role. It is what you make of it and can be a lovely place to work.

Pros

Not too strict

Cons

Lots of training

Enjoyable happy work environment

Can 100 percent say that I absolutely love/loved working for day lewis , such a great company, fun , happy job role , learnt so much , great family run company , probably the hardest part is working when short staffed it can be stressful but the customers make up for that

Pros

Good discounts

Cons

Fast-paced but challenging, and no time to slack off.

A typical day would involve arriving for your shift, being advised what the priority tasks were for the day, and then starting the work. There was a break after a couple of hours, and then if the first task had been completed you would be asked to help out with anything else that needed to be done. Lunch was usually a couple of hours after the first break, and there was another short break before the evening shift. Once all the daily tasks had been completed, you were at liberty to sign off for the day.

Pros

Onsite canteen

Cons

Repetitive work.

Productive and fun workplace.

Great, fun working there, cooperative staff. Good management.I am working in pharmacy since 2012. Every staff in phamacy is friendly. Pharmacy is busy and sometime workload is more but due to good management and friendly environment everything sorted without any trouble.

Pros

Christmas bonus.

Cons

Travelling time is more

no care at all

after 10 years no pay increasethe company don't care about their staffAll they want is to work, work.after 10 years still getting minimum wagesno care at all.

Friendly, fast paced

Day Lewis is a family run business and this shines through.Care about their staff.Wages are average for Pharmacy staff.Out of all the Pharmacy groups, I would reccommend working for Day Lewis

Horrible place to work

If you don't fit in you'r out they run a bully system if management doesn't like you they find any reason to sack you. Worst I've ever worked for steer clear.!!!!!!! If your liked one member of staff continually says 'love you' it's pathetic. Customers are all lovely just a shame about the staff who also tell lies about you in order to get you fired. 😟😖☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹🤪🤪🤪😠😬😬😬💀☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Pros

Cons

Bully culture

Well

Never any staff to cover holidaysExpected to do the work of 2-3people with no praise.Unrealistic bonus scheme almost impossible to achieve.If you want to be in pharmacy to make money then a perfecy place.If your in pharmacy to help people and make a difference dnt bother.

Pros

Family ethos

Cons

Low wage

Very nice i am very happy for this job courrant working from 2014 to on times pay friendly staff in the day lewis pharmacy plus bonas end of the year

Very stressful, no manager support

Would not recommend working for Day Lewis, very stressful, understaffed, when I worked there it was minimum wage. No manager support, I worked there for over 20 years, they treated me bad so I would leave.

Fun place to work

It's has a certain family atmosphere and you can rely on one another. It can be quiet for a couple of hours but can change within seconds. Theres always work to do but breaks are given accordingly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Day Lewis Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement