DCK Group logo
DCK Group

DCK Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace

A bustling company where the happiness of the staff nationwide is held in the highest regard to inspire the results needed in the challenging retail sector.

Not what it used to be

This company used to be a great place to work but it’s not anymore as too many changes have been made. Responsibility has been taken off Team leaders. Head office tell us where to go even if stores are miles apart from each other. Sometimes we will drive for an hour to only be in a store for 10 mins. We no longer meet with our teams so it can be a lonely job too.

Pros

Jewellery Allowance

Cons

Lonely, use own car and phone

Enjoy the flexibility

Been working for the company for just over a year. Been lots of changes to contract and working conditions but that is understandable in the current situation. We use teams for communication and an app to give us our appointments. Flexibility of appointment times is great. My team leader is very helpful, answers your question out of working hours. The host managers are great and the host customer assistants are too. So far so good.

Pros

Get an uniform allowance to the value of £40 to pick jewellery & hair accessories each month.

Cons

Not many hours

Really loved working for DCK

Worked as team leader in Lincolnshire (Scunthorpe area).Have to be organised and manage your time. Difficult during periods were sales were low due to store closures and current retail climate. Varied and very rewarding if you have a good team which I did. Management who had worked for the company for a long period of time were very professional and caring, Acknowledged good work and rewarded well, Overall I loved working for this company. They cared about staff in all ranks. Sadly took redundancy due to re structure.

Pros

Reward good work and appreciate you

Cons

Current retail climate means cuts on staff

Demanding,

I worked for the company for 10 years as a Team leader and due to constant restructures had to apply for my position twice. There is no security with this company anymore. They expect more and more from its employees and give very little back. Team leaders now have a massive geographical area to cover, and due to cutbacks of associate hours they are now expected to be hands on in almost all the stores,. As a result the stands look truly awful in a lot of locations.There is no loyalty to store staff from the head office.

Pros

Jewellery allowance

Cons

Not enough time to complete tasks.

No value on employees

This company have no value in staff the senior management have no respect for the shop floor staff RAs sales and changes are dropped on you with no extra time I was glad to leave

Pros

jewellry allowance

Cons

no value of staff to compsny no extra time given for promos or changes

Terrible company to work for

The people made DCK what was worth working at they were truly lovely and a great bunch. The SMT do not work collaboratively and departments are constantly butting heads. More communication is needed and introduce better cultures within the company.

Just for a bit

Not realistic timing for tasks that are required Every year redundancy or cut of hours that you don't have much anyway Not much possibilities in terms of progressing within the company

good job

It was an challenging and productive to work at DCK. Tasks were given by sms msg to complete the target. Was alone most of the time staff were friendly the job itself was stress free. Only issue was of travelling to store to store with very little hours other then that it’s a good job.

Struggling company

DCK are a struggling company and it’s very apparent in the reshuffles they have with staff and hours. My hours were gradually reduced down because as a company they didn’t do as well as expected. There is never an opportunity to do full time hours unless you work in head office. Generally I liked the work I did but was bullied out by my manager and she made my job very unpleasant. Head office/HR were aware and held various meetings but seemed to allowed a team leader that operated badly get away with it.

Pros

jewellery allowance every month and hours that fit round childcare

Cons

Not enough hours and the company sticking by appealing managers

Jobs at DCK Group

See more jobs

Clicky, Poor Management & Hostile Working Environment

If you are a new person coming into the business there will be no support or training provided by your manager. You are not made to feel welcome & the environment is very clicky. I hated this place so much I walked out without another job to go to. I am not the only person who did this during my time at the company. The atmosphere is hostile, cut throat and passionless. The culture is very old fashioned with a clear hierarchy set in place. Lacking in team spirit. If you are not a manager then your opinion is irrelevant & you are made to feel invisible. People are scared to voice their opinions, implement new ideas & speak up. For a career in buying or merchandising you can progress much quicker with better training elsewhere, in a much nicer working environment. During my time working with the company last year the staff turnover was worryingly high!

Pros

Staff discount. Moderate working hours

Cons

Culture & management

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work, nice friendly people. Management is friendly and approachable. Very good work life balance. Allowed to use the gym across the road during my lunch break.

Pros

Friendly people, good work life balance

Cons

Not DCK's fault, but location if you don't drive. Commuting from Chelmsford was just as hard as working in London.

Worked with dck 2 years

I worked with dck for two years .I worked my way up to team leader. Working for dck is very good your always busy and there's always Someone just a call away if you need help .. I wouldent recommend the job if you have a bad back as a lot of bending and carrying ..I would still be working for dck now if I never had to leave due to ill health. The managers and teams for southwales are all lovely and can't help you out anougth .. the only down side i would say for being a team leader is the administration and the stresses of leadership and taking your work home but once you get your head around it it's not so bad . Money is good and flexibility

Pros

Pay and friendships

Cons

Admin

Bad environment to work

I found this company to be very clicky, if your face fits then your fine. Continual reduction in hours and restructuring of working areas, you have no say and are forced into changing working locations regardless to your personal circumstances. Decisions are made into who loses what hours/ loses there jobs before meetings take place. Over worked and made to work for nothing as overtime never paid. You can’t voice any opinion as you are made to feel scared to do so. Job in itself great and flexible but company not greatly managed from head office or higher management, I’d rather work for a company that treats its staff fairly.

Pros

Flexible and fit in with family

Cons

Bed management and treatment of loyal employees

Good team

My zone is a good place to work, friendly team .hours are good especially if you have children at school . Get given lots of training and help so you can do your job properly

Pros

Get to work different stores

Cons

Travelling by bus

horrible job

over worked underpaid HORRIBLE staff everything is done manually takes for ever honestly the worst job ever. hated every day working for this company.

Cons

finishing early some days

Enjoyable and fun

Its a good little job as a sideline. Jewellery allowance a bonus every month. However no overtime no career progression. And no sick pay. No support if you have a disability.

Pros

Jewellery allowence.lone working

Cons

No sick pay. No career progression. No compassion or care for your safety.

Sales advisor

DCK was a great company to work for, it allowed for progression and ownership of the role. I was able to interact with customers, management and other employees throughout the company.

Thourghly enjoyable

Fits in well with my childcare needs. Coming from jewellery background this was a great part time position. I can still keep my flare for merchandising but at hours that suit me.

Pros

Work alone, travel around

Cons

Work alone😄

A great place to work

a typical day consists of receiving a delivery and maintaning jewellery stands . Keeping the stands looking good at all times . A great job with always lots to do .

Pros

Variety of work in differentt stores.

Cons

not enough hours.

Wouldn't Recommend

There aren't many opportunities for career progression, there is a severe lack of communication and professionalism amongst HR and head office teams. You won't be contacted after your application unless successful. You won't be given any feedback. I worked for the company and even I as staff was not contacted, informed or given any feedback on a job i had applied for. I have worked both in field teams and in head office and find staff in field teams including Team Leaders and Area Managers great to work with, very supportive and create a great working environment. I experienced a massive difference upon working for a head office department. There was a lack of organisation, planning, and communication. I don't believe the company practises staff loyalty and for field teams, hours and contracts are cut regularly!

Pros

Independent working.

Cons

no career progression, professionalism or staff loyalty
  • DCK Group