De Montfort University logo
De Montfort University

De Montfort University Employee Reviews

Great people

I only worked there on a short contract. Was made to feel part of the team straight away. Complicated systems make things quite slow. IT department has some very knowledgeable staff.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Complicated systems

Productive, great culture and brilliant opportunities to continue with CPD

Great place to work to develop your skillset, training and enhance your L&DEnjoyable culture and environment with fantastic people to work with overall.Everyone believes in the same values and working to the same overall goal but then each individual department links together adapting their own achievements and objectives to overcome their objectives. Which created a very warm and friendly campus.Enjoyed 10+ working years seeing 5 campus's amalgamated into the one larger Leicester City Campus.....an absolutely fantastic memory. Left to continue new career aspirations in other working environments which included completing an MBA and a HRM degree.

Flexible and fun workplace

Great communication between the employers and the employee. Support while starting any new type of role. Accepting approach and fair and equal treatment of the employees. Quick and efficient email communication with the supervisors. Friendly people in the workplace always willing to help and support.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No furlough scheme for brand ambassadors during coronavirus

Productive and fun workplace

Its been great working and studying at De Montfort University. The work environment is a very energetic and friendly experienced staff. I do recommend this organisation to study and work.

Productive but do your research

Arrangement could have been better, the project was all over the place, which caused my report to go wrong, People were very confused all the time, even I was so I had to spend long time reserching.

Pros

Gain experience

Cons

Great people to work with

Varied projects good management. Lots of opportunities if you have the right attitude and skills. Would recommend applying there as its a great place to be!

Good ethos

A good positive working environment for both work and study. All staff were helpful and friendly and were more than happy to accommodate me as a person with a disability.

Many good people work there

All colleagues are the most brilliant people I could imagine. The job is made very stressful by unreasonable managerial requirements. Nevertheless I have grown there to be a good developer and a lead in my field due to the co-operative support of the people I have worked with. I am very proud of my students achievements many of whom find jobs immediately after graduation.

cooperative

overall good work life for long time role, friendly staff and good environment, most diverse work culture. modern university and progressive mind. optimistic

Nice environment

Can be pressured at times training and development available modern place to work, nice city and facilities are good at the University mostly Monday to Friday working

Jobs at De Montfort University

See more jobs

Wonderful Workplace

A fabulous place to work, worked as a Student Ambassador whilst studying and could not have asked for more. Flexible with good pay and all the teams in each sector were great.

Voluntary

Did voluntary work teaching children how to code with: scratch. Was fun and insightful. Unfortunately, the school cut it short for all students teaching so not a whole lot was gained from the experience.

De Montfort University is a great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement and personal development. They are a great equal opportunities employer. I would highly recommend.

ok

didnt enjoy the course at university i found it extremely too much work when my course was nursing. there was too many books to fill in over the placements i had to do.

Cool laid back fun on campus

nice culture, most are nice people, senior senior high up directors are dodgy in my opinion lots of activities go on on campus which you are encouraged to take part in

productive and fun workplace

The university offers space to grow and learn. The management is also very understanding and helpful. everyone is helpful and also the university has a balance of work and social life. the most enjoyable part were the colleges.

It is great place to work in.

I had 15 minutes stand up meeting every day where I discussed what I did yesterday, what I am doing today and if anything is on the way eg a blocker. I applied standard testing techniques for any test I carried out

Great place to work and study

The teaching was amazing and really helped me to push myself in my studies. It enabled my to feel more comfortable in design as well as studying theory and researching within the industry. It was a challenging but rewarding time spent here.

Job ideal

Balanta ore lucrate - castig este foarte bine echilibrata

Great

Wonderful place, great tutors, great support and the facilities were excellent. I also enjoyed the office culture and meeting people from all over the world.

Work Experience

I only worked here for some brief work experience and really enjoyed myself. Management were great and understanding. The job was really good whilst it lasted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Montfort University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3