De Vere

De Vere Employee Reviews

I worked in a cluster office in Holborn, 6 properties, as Meeting & Events Sales Executive

Is good as a first experience, it's a really demanding office, very sales oriented, really busy all the times, very stressful, you learn a lot, the Sales Executive not only sell events directly to clients but they also book and conduct show rounds on site, it's a really multitasking job.The environment is nice, the colleagues and the managers are nice.The workload sometimes is too much to handle, the company should really hire more staff. The company provide good training schedule and organize nice trips in the country side, combining training and relax with your colleagues.

Pros

Nice people, good training

Cons

Salary is a bit low, busy stressful office environment, not enough staff

Underpaid and overworked

Appalling wages and working hours for people that have lots of varied skills and experience. Expect the world, not financially rewarding for your efforts.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Unsociable hours and wkd working

Lovely colleagues good training

Starts off well with good induction and basic training then, it goes down hill fast. No break system in place so many times you end up with no break but they stlll deduct half hour. Only limited sandwiches to eat, if you get chance. Lots of issues with the hotel guests constantly complaining. High staff turnover, so many better hotels to work for.

Pros

Quality uniform

Cons

irregular breaks, poor staff food.

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

Muy bueno , ha sido un placer trabajar con ellos.

Friendly place to work

I can't really write a fair review as I only worked there for 2 weeks before the first lockdown started and then I was furloughed for 7 months before being made redundant. Beside this though, the time I was there I felt that I had all of the support I needed to help me succeed, the management were all really nice and friendly. Regardless of whether they were your manager or not, they would still help you if you needed them.I was paid too whilst I was furloughed even though I had been with the company for such a short time, they didn't need to do that.

Pros

Rotas given to you a month in advance, you were made to feel welcome from the first day

Cons

It can sometimes be quiet on reception on a late shift, but that happens in most hotels

Stressful and staff are mean

I worked here when I was 17 years old and I really thought I was going to enjoy this job and thought it would be slightly more easy-going than the jobs I had prior to this one. However, most of the staff were really unfriendly and it already felt like they were all a family and I was the black sheep. I wasn’t really supported through the job and had to wing it most of the time.I would get shouted at a lot by the kitchen staff. It was a lot of pressure. The only part I enjoyed was during the summer time - catering for the weddings. This seemed more relaxed and everyone was so happy.

Pros

Salary

Cons

The staff

avoid at all costs

Managers are very rude will only say hello to British people in the office, they only help people they like which is very selective, very stressful place to be especially if you are leaning the job now. No pay-rise, they always find the way to say to you that you are not good enough to get more money.

Pros

Nice colleagues, gives training

Cons

very rude managers, poor management

If you want to learn they will teach you or put you on an apprenticeship course.

De Vere is a excellent place to work, excellent opportunities to grow in field of work that you are in. Excellent team building course are done every month. Great atmosphere to work in.

Pros

Free staff lunch, excellent team building

Cons

Can get stressful at times

Avoid

Management were lazy and picked on staff members. Hard workers to do everything and be told off if spoke up. Job itself was okay but poorly organised.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, hard work, bully culture, high staff turnover

Terrible organisation, cynical environment

Avoid at all cost. Management in the hotel I worked at was horrific. They have no appreciation for the staff on the ground and often spent most the shift either in the office or unnecessarily shouting at you when they are stressed because they miscalculated guest numbers resulting in disgustingly busy shifts. They accepted too many guests to accommodate for their losses and the hotel was very poorly maintained. The biggest problem is their organisation; to me it seemed like they didn't have a clue. Hotels are difficult businesses to run and I understand this but the particular De Vere I worked at didn't have a clue, I can't speak for the others.

Pros

Cons

Poorly organised, bad progression and generally awful

Apprenticeship

I did an apprenticeship here before and I must I really enjoyed it. Everyone is so professional and friendly. When it gets busy it can be very fast paced but overall things are alright.

Pros

Professional. Helpful. Good work environment.

Cons

Long hours on your feet.

Productive, fast-paced, eventful and fun

Busy. Learnt how to deal with individual clients and pay attention to details. Good work culture and excellent management. Required to be on your feet almost throughout the shift. Planning and preparing for the various events.

Pros

Free meals

good part time job

Was a good part time job during GCSE's/ A-Levels. Very flexible hours for my contract. Chefs were often rude towards food and beverage staff which made interactions with the kitchen very draining and unnecessarily difficult.

busy workplace

Very stressful, no matter the location you're at. You can get promoted based on results, but you'll get a low pay, plenty of expectations and you'll be told you should be grateful as you were given the opportunity in the first place. Expected to cover more than your job role as there's never enough staff. Poor management and decision making, always having money in mind, never the staff or their needs. Nice colleagues and with time you get close sharing the same daily burden. There are fun times sometimes, but they never compensate for the rest.

Pros

free lunch and teas and coffees, mostly nice colleagues

Cons

long hours, stressful, low rewards apart of your own satisfaction you did a good job

Good Employer

Fast paced busy environment, every day is different. Great team and colleagues. Varied job. Great social interaction between departments and teams. Would work here again.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Really nice place for people who like hard work.

De Vere is really good place for work and for achieve good experience. This really good place for people who like work on big kitchen and big challenge and work under pressure.

fun workplace good learning exprience

During my time at de vere cranage estate I perused each day with the intention to drive , part of being a chef is to be opened minded to take on board new ideas by watching technique . I thank gratefully for the hotel staff which became very good friends to me .

Assit the chefs and cleaner

Full assistant the chefs in the kitchen. It included breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cleaner and wash up. The busy days included private companies as well as events or mother, father,'s day.

Pros and Cons

Pros; You meet some great people, Colleagues and Customers. Cons; Long hours. Not always given the right breaks for hours worked. Hard to progress in the company.

Barbarious

Induction period started with very good training by HR Department. I could be involved with heart and soul as was specified in a great training program and induction sessions organised by HR. Nice welcome by HR and friendly approach. Good quality daily lunch free. Very nice environment, good quality furnishing, elegant uniform, very English treatment. But this was absolutely not followed in the Department of Houskeeping where I worked. They killing soul and make their own approach of human resource that is against the company's standards.Two groups ganging there, and their behaviour towards me was barbarian, as outsider I was not recognised as person, the strategy is you will understand what and how to do if youare uncertain, and do it yourself and get troubles, other rules were applied on me by supervisor forcing with stress out of the workplace, manager was blind, culter of cleaning is not organised, standards are moving and not disclosed properly, it is used as stressing factor against the person they want to attack, verbally agressive tone.

fun workplace

busy hotel, great spa, golf club, 200acres , staff accomodation , staff meals, great bar, function rooms, weddings, parties, funerals, congresses, old

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Vere. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement