Dean Healthcare

Dean Healthcare Employee Reviews

Exciting and stimulating

The team at dean health care are friendly and accepting, with a positive outlook towards the company, and industry as a whole.The management are hands on in terms of training and the needs of their employees.There are plenty of hours to pick up for those who are highly motivated.Flexibility is another benefit of working with Dean Healthcare.The office is a great location for transport from all areas.

Pros

Friendly colleges, always someone to answer question

Cons

Genuinely none

Flexible and friendly work place

I worked at Dean Healthcare full time, on top of my university studies. Pros:Flexible work environment with the option to fit work hours around my busy university schedule.Good sense of employee morale throughout the work place. Always felt valued and looked after. Cons: None that I can think of

Pros

Cons

None that I can think of

Decent agency.

Gloucester staff team are lovely, very helpful. Was sent to a couple of placements that wasn’t as described- was meant to be support but came under care home. Overall nice company and staff team.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Not really any

Average

Being a vegan company has its positives and negatives.Care staff are of high quality, however support offered from the company towards staff is lacking. No employee assistance scheme was available during my employment which is a real disappointment to what likes to present itself as an ethical company.

Pros

Christmas Party if office staff

Cons

Lack of provsion for staffs mental health

Lot's of work and friendly staff

I always get a friendly welcome from the office team, free training and lot's of shifts. Never had an issue even with COVID-19. I have worked with the company since 2014 and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Pros

Work available and good team.

Cons

n/a

Recruitment

Lovely office team, but awful management that do not appreciate staff. There is no opportunity for progression or pay rise. Targets are set too high so the team can’t get bonus, with a long standing history of not giving bonus. High staff turnover.

Pros

Office team

Dean health care

I loved working for Dean, lovely staff in the office and I never had a week without the hours that I needed always plenty of hours to work pay all good

Really important to keep focused during your shift

The management are supportive overall but they also have to balance this with the client needs and preferences. I gained lots of valuable experiences.

Lovely!

I currently work here and am still enjoying it. Choose when you work and what you earn. Management are really friendly and always have time to listen to you even if you're just being bonkers about nothing!

Productive Workplace

Have worked here for over a year now. I feel fully supported by my colleagues and management, emotionally supporting me when I've needed it the most. It is a place where you want to work your hardest and to the best effort. It is a not for profit which really gives the feel that everyone who works here is genuinely passionate about the health and social care sector. Whether you're in the recruiter or working as a healthcare assistant, registered nurse or support worker, I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Great colleagues and management

Brilliant

i have worked as a career for 6 years and was initially sceptical about making the jump from full time to agency work. after working for Dean I can honestly say I made the right decision. They are always there to help, the office team are really friendly and there's lots of work.

Pros

lots of work, Nice staff

Rad

It’s a high activity job, there’s always loads to do and things to catch up on. The atmosphere in the office can be a little tense at times but 95% of the time everyone is great. Management are supportive with both professional and personal problems and will bend over backwards to ensure you feel supported. Opportunities to build strong professional relationships with clients and loads of room for progression. You are encouraged to be yourself and express yourself, as long as you maintain professional.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Could pay better

Professional company. Lots of work. Friendly staff.

Excellent ethos. Good values. Will give staff support and free training provided. I had a big issue which they cleared up quickly. Really supportive. Highly recommended.

Pros

Lots of work.

Cons

n/a

A pleasure!

Flexible working times, a ton of available work, and a 24/7 office make it easy to schedule the week exactly as you want and when you want. A company with strong morals and a commitment to helpfulness and a positive working environment that strives to put their service users and staff first in pretty much all circumstances. Ability to work a ta variety of interesting services and complete free training to improve skills across the board. Seem always busy!

Pros

Flexibility, Holiday Pay, Free Training

Cons

not enough parking at the main office

soooo

Essentially directors friendly with correct vision however mid management very misguided and almost child like in their professional and personal conduct.

Pros

Great morals

Cons

Awful midmanagement

Not very good

Didn't have work like they said they would. Would ask me to work even if I told them I couldn't at short notice. Very inconsistent. Very unorganised company.

The Company

Brilliant management and loads of decent guild lines to follow all in-house training is done by a RNG nurse. Loads of different kinds of places to work at. Its weekly pay and loads of hours you can work a week.

Pros

Loads of work

Cons

Not brillant pay

Is not a bad company to work for.

When you arrive at your place of work you can be working from a work sheet or given task from the home manager. Which can arrange from personal care, 1-1 support, Distributing Medication, cleaning, cooking you never get two days the same. You can also do lone working in this job. I learnt Manual Handling, First Aid, Medication, Observing and Recording Information, Epilepsy Seizures, COSHH, Dementia, Challenging Behaviour, The 2 management people I have seen have been pleasant and friendly. Because you work in different place all the time you don't always get to work with people from the same agency has yours but the co-workers that I have worked with in the past have been nice and friendly and willing to help out in crisis. When you go to a work place for the first time and you don't know anything about the place or the clients that lives there. Also it can be hard looking after Challenging Behaviour people. The best part is when you have completed all task and you get good feed back from the managers of the place you worked at. Also that you meet some lovely people

Pros

If you go a work place and don't like it there then you don't have to go back there to work.

Cons

Long Hours and No mileage pay

Good experience, Working hours aren't enough

Assisting a wide range of clients, supporting and caring for the elderly with all levels of dementia and adults and teens with learning disabilities who have complex needs and may present challenging behaviour. Working in residential/ nursing homes settings and care centres duties will include moving and handling, personal care, helping with feeding, washing and dressing as well as interacting with the clients, taking them on short walks.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, every day is different at work

Cons

Not enough hours a week

Enjoyable

A typical day at work:Personal Care, cooking and cleaning.What you learned:How much clients depend on others.Your co-workers:Friendly.The hardest part of the job:Approaching challenging behavior.The most enjoyable part of the job:Seeing a smile on your clients faces.

Pros

paid holiday.

Cons

zero hour contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2