Debra

Debra Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Lone working often if volunteers don't turn up ...shop closures as councils don't give charities big discounts on rent and rates ...overall enjoyable working for a charity but job security not so good
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Lone working
Every area manager changes the way things are done every few months as this is how often they change area manager. No flexibility is given to staff whatsoever. They all seem eager to prove themselves and are not well trained.The management expects too much from the staff who are usually lone working and dont get their unpaid lunch hour.Some days the pressure was unbearable and my immediate shop manager agreed.The volunteers are great and the majority of the workers are usually community service. I was once given a serious offender to work alone with that was registered. No training was received to work with community service who of course didn't want to work. I wouldnt really say there is any perks at all to this minimum wage job and there is a lot of work to be done with little thanks at all from upper management. No understanding whatsoever when mistakes are made because you are to thinly stretched. I wouldnt recommend working here for more than a few months.
Pros
Cons
under appreciated and pressured to the point of illness.
Manager was rude, unprofessional and brought her moods to work. If in a bad mood, you were treated as a nobody, and spoken to like dirt. If mistakes were made, whether your fault or not, blamed for it anyway. Not worth it whatsoever
Pros
Hours
Cons
Don't care about their staff
Currently an Assistant Manager. Looking to leave ASAP. Chances of promotion 0. Appreciation for the work you do 0. The pay doesn’t reflect on the amount of work you have to do. I’ve never felt so depressed about a job I’ve done. They don’t care about the “little people”. As long as the upper management get their bonuses, that’s all they care about.
As an assistant manager for 7 yrs I can honestly say I have never worked for such a poor company. Management donot care about there staff. We are constantly bombarded with new ways to work then a few weeks later a better ! Method comes along. It is is fast turning into a bullying atmosphere.
The organization is truly set on reaching it's goals for helping those in need. It has stores across the country all dedicated to reaching the same goals, with teams of management and volunteers all working in unison for the bigger picture.
Love the volunteers we have great customers too. Terrible management no support or appreciation for the work we do. A lot of heavy lifting involved. Very rarely get our unpaid lunch break.
Pros
Cons
No holiday cover...
i started this as a work placement through the job centre and i enjoyed putting my time to good use and meeting new people on a daily basis so i decided to carry on volunteering as i got on well with the management this resulted in me being offered the job
Pros
taught me management skills
Cons
job security
  1. Assistant Manager