Debra

Debra Pay & benefits reviews

Fun environment to be in get to meet friendly people who come and visit the charity shop to buy furniture and what ever is raised goes to the Debra charity.
some days are busy some days are not, fair amount of lifting for example - sofas, desks, beds, tables and so on., good location, also is a good place to work with a bit of banta.
Pros
in town centre
Cons
can be very quiet
Got sent to Debra's by job centre for work experience really enjoyable work. Nice friendly staff, good management. Very busy little shop friendly customers
Pros
Free drinks and teabreaks breaks whenever you want one
Cons
Not a paid job
wouldn't work for again. lunch break were not ideal, punished if went for lunch if left in shop alone. area management was for too demanding asked too too many jobs at one time.
I was here as a temp over the summer. The people were welcoming and friendly. The work was varied and interesting - although it was entry level. I left to get a permanent job with the security and benefits that provides.
Pros
fairly flexible working hours
Cons
nowhere to go at lunch time, nightmare to get to on public transport
I had an amazing time there the people were lovely and easy to work with and the public were nice to the staff and the hours I got were good and I would happily do it again
Pros
Got a discount on items
Cons
Heavy lifting
As this was an unpaid charity job. However i learnt a lot from it and i was giving some incentives. Helping others is a thing i so much love and it brought me great joy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good hours
This is a great place to work and they look after their employees. The wages were good. I worked hard for this employer. They gave you a bonus if you worked hard
Pros
Cons
long hours hard work
Lone working often if volunteers don't turn up ...shop closures as councils don't give charities big discounts on rent and rates ...overall enjoyable working for a charity but job security not so good
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Lone working
Working here was fun I liked it because he people I used to work with everyday were kind and fun my hours were flexible and the boss wasn't strict it was a good job
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not busy
It was ok. The people who worked there worked well with me. It was all ok. I liked sorting through the clothes and hanging the clothes on the rails. It was a good experience.
Pros
i did not have free lunches
Cons
No i only did a few hours
Fast paced, fun, creative and constantly changing - no two days were the same. Working with pre - loved items and making sure to raise as much money and awareness for the Debra Charity.
I learned so many things, stimming, colaboration with customer, self confidence, working in a desk. the management was so good very nice and clever, the hardest part for was working in desk but sorted it at the end. most enjoying was in my break time because i was doing me small workout.
Pros
free tea/coffee
Cons
long hours depends
the only thing I did not like was that the nicked my watch and I was ill and I phoned in and I got told if I was not in work in10 mins I was gone
Pros
free t-shuit
Cons
good place to work alot of different items sold there that you might never have seened but it was always a fun place to work and to be a part of a team
Pros
doing something for others
Cons
short lunch break
too many staff in the workplace and not enough work within the workplace to actually do and the hours were too long especially with no work to do as there was too much staff in the workplace at the one time in my eyes it was very poor organisation.
In this job I feel that my function is so important to raise money for care of people suffering the EB disease and research to find cures.
Pros
the volunteers
Cons
to work more hours than the onces that they pay me
enjoy my time with them, nice place to work meet good people have fun there and it passes the time while looking for full time employment.
Pros
good on cv
Cons
no pay
Debra Charity Shop helps me to gain knwoledge and experience in Retail job.
Pros
Free bus fare
Cons
Part time
i was a volunteer,i realy enjoyed myself,even though i did,nt get paid.
Pros
free travel
Cons
no money
good place to work easy to get on with staff. learned new skills calmed my temperment down easy breaks health and safety explained