Decathlon

Decathlon Employee Reviews

Development opportunities are immense and its the can do attitude which will take people forward in the right way Always, make sure that everyone engages with focus and support
I found during my time that poor management is a reoccurring problem for customers and staff. Complaints aren't handled well and a lot of "passing the buck" to lower members of staff or less knowledgeable customers happend a lot while I was there. Management have some very unorthodox and challenging ideas about the definition of professionalism and how to communicate with staff. There is a strong culture of nepotism among management which means any genuine issues or concerns raised, whether they are about stock or staff, are either pinned onto the person raising the question, or management will take extraordinary steps to protect other managers. As a result do not expect an impartial process during meetings, promotion or formal complaints. The rota always seems totally fluid so your shift can change the day before, and that management's days off are mysteriously always on a Saturday and Sunday. If you are highly skilled or experienced in your field don't expect pay that reflects that fairly either, just above minimum wage is the standard. They won't pay for adequate security and expect staff to try to stop shoplifters, so on top of everything else you will inevitably be faced with dangerous confrontations, although I refused to participate after this happened more than once. Some of the staff were lovely people though and I would be happy to work with them again anytime just not there.
Pros
Getting to work with people from all over the world and share experiences.
Cons
Barely competent management, bad rotas, no regard for staff.
Development opportunities are endless but ONLY once you have results in your current role. International and zig-zag careers are encouraged.Lack of centralisation makes a lot of processes fall short of expectations but the freedom also allows stores to adapt quickly and locally. This also makes the experience between stores vary massively.Salaries aren't great but are in line in line with the sports retail market.Decathlon has some very innovative tools for it's teammates including automated tills and a versatile smartphone app for the job.In Poole the store organises sport and socials 8 times per year. These include paddleboarding, bushcraft, climbing and beach BBQs.If you're SPORTY and full of ENERGY then it can be a great job or career.
Pros
Fantastic culture
Cons
Lack of organisation, salaries.
I worked for the company for almost one year, and I had a great time. Some people were great, and we become very close friends. Generally speaking, in the store there were good vibes, and the team was fine (even if there are different department).Some cons in the store I used to work were:1. You can find bossy department managers that they can really change the whole atmosphere. 2. In my store some sports advisors DID NOT KNOW A WORD IN ENGLISH, which was very disappointing for the customers (first) and for the rest of the team because it was impossible to communicate with them.For the rest, it's a good place to work, and as a student, my university schedule was always respected.Some days can be tedious (delivery comes every day and if it's big it's not pleasant) or too busy but for the rest good memories.
Pros
team working, nice people, good balance as a student, flexibility, some great managers
Cons
bossy managers, sports advisors that did not speak a word in english
Even as a small holiday job I cannot recommend. Work is slow and can get painfully monotonous, not much room to learn or grow. No way to advance, doesn't seem to be a main goal to strive towards. Always an issue with the equipment or not enough to go around and getting pushed into doing jobs you struggle with. NO safety regulations for COVID either.
Pros
Workers are generally nice, free tea.
Cons
Unsafe, No safety regulations for covid, no respect of basic warehouse safety, training isn't in depth or clear at all, extremely short 30 minute breaks on an 9 and a half hour shift.
No work life balance stressful no good for mental state if your not a favourite give up you won’t get anywhere they brake rules and regulations including getting rid of team mates with no warnings (written or verbal) all in disgusting place to work
Pros
Discount
Cons
Whole company
The job is not hard, it might be a little bit boring. The managment is good and everyone is respectful. You will have one to one with your manager every month and you have the chance to discuss your future career.
Pros
Good hours, long break
Cons
Boring
if you like working on your own 85% and having to fix everything by yourself then its good. But you will get the blame for anything done wrong. Department manager was absent all the time, co workers were part time so when they were working they could hardly make a difference in the cycling department. All they want to do is sell and not deal with faults and repairs.
Pros
Some co workers wers cool
Cons
low paid, was promised full time hours but never got them, treated like dirt even though worked your butt off.
Ambiente stimolante, possibilità di crescita, libertà di espressione dei propri talenti.
Pros
Tutto
Cons
Nessuno
Extremely poor value for their staff. Not really any positives to say. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially students as the pay even less to students.
Other staff are extremely happy to help. But management are the worst I have ever seen in a job. They dont care for your health or wellbeing and will NOT support you at all within your job. They make the workplace feel like a prison in which you must obey their orders while they sit and hide in offices all day, on personal phones while low paid staff slave around for them. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!
I personally wouldn't recommend working at Decathlon unless you are extremely passionate about sports and the specific sport area that you are put to work in.
During my 5 years experience within the company, I learned everything you need to know when it comes to retail, starting from recruitment, management, market analyse, merchandising until the important skill of creating your own project within the company. A company who puts the employee and the customer at the heart of every decision made in a great sporty environment .
The management are bullies. The HR department are disappointing and unhelpful in conflict resolutions. The atmosphere was horrendous, staff with multiple warnings still not working with the company. Higher management are "good friends" so turned a blind eye towards the bullying store managers. I have never worked in such a degrading and emotionally damaging atmosphere.
J'étais stagiaire donc la paye n'était pas l'objectif premier. Les journées peuvent se ressemble si l'on ne s'investit pas, mais en tant qu'assistant manager j'ai appris beaucoup.
Promotes autonomy, freedom and responsibility at every level. Different opportunities to work in store or in head office, although head office roles are largely London based
Most staff are fun to talk to being from all over europe, work is boring - hope you like folding, A good manager will delegate interesting tasks to you and be supportive. A bad one is usually a bully and treats you like scum. Expect a lot of blame and zero support. Poor security means lots of theft, chavs causing problems and endless mess. So the environment can be miserable due to a minority of customers who are frankly ignorant - this doesnt seem to be a problem in european stores, just british ones.
The environment at work was really nice. I really enjoyed the team with I worked. The day to day tasks were hard sometimes but it was a dynamic space helping customers.
Was a decent job as a 1st job. Collected and set up own till. Tidied the surrounding stock. Input the click and collects. Management isn't the best since majority of the staff english isn't their 1st language.
What I love the most from working at Decathlon is working with my teammates. I like team working and share my experience and time with them. I also like helping the customers and trying to have a "close relationship with them". It is so satisfactory to do well your job and to feel you are helping people.
Its fun here, there is a lot of good people and perks. Some really good teams buildings exercises as well as interesting stuff to learn or do. I would recommend it even if it is annoying sometimes with IT issues and people not working.
Pros
Sport pitches, gym & showers.Team building.Learn on job.
Cons
Too easy going on staff, Too many smoking break, Managers not demanding in some teams but are in others. NO one takes blame.
  1. Employee reviews