Dee Set

Dee Set Employee Reviews

Can be stressful with no rewards, travelling to different retailers hence wear and tear on your car

Worked for this company for a number of years. Enjoyed the work most of the time. Don't expect any reward or praise for going the extra mile as it just doesn't happen. The area manager (north west area, greater Manchester) probably had no training for the job she does, very rude, no people skills at all, no ambassador for the company. Seems to be just as many people working in admin as there are out in the field A good thing is that you are meeting different people every day and no two days are the same

Pros

Non

Cons

Be prepared to be demoralised

Great flexible role

After working at my previous employer for 13 stressful years, I moved to Deeset and love it. Straight forward jobs, totally flexible, same hourly rate I was on before but without the stress. My days are my own to plan as long as your reports are in by 4pm. Great support from my area manager if I ever have an issue. As long as your organised your days usually flow easily. Sometimes issues come up but I’ve found as long as you communicate your issues, it’s all ok.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Up and Coming Work place.

Deeset offered me a job as a Merchandiser. I enjoyed aspects of the job however I would have required more in-depth training as I personally did not understand all of the tasks.The company did provide training which was beneficial as I was tasked with the job to be hands of the operation and deal with conflict management, as the Supermarket I worked in needed persuading and encouragement as to the reason why i was there. Without Conflict Management training I would not have dealt as well as I did. I am great full that Deeset provided in that sense. As that aspect is a skill to be desired, the Merchandiser has to in some cases work alone, work along side Management in store, I personally felt that the money was not enough. There were incentives.Unfortunately I was not the right match for the job. I did the most productive training through Deeset.

Pros

Adhoc Flexible work

Cons

Not enough in-depth Training, Pay.

Very unprofessional

Didn't get proper training. Manager very unprofessional and didn't show interest in helping me learn and improve! Do not recommend! Stay away from it for you mental health!

An aweful place to work

It used to be a really good place to work, lots of friendly people and managers. It is now dreadful, they don't care about the staff, they just want to push the staff as thin as they can, no body cares if you dont have lunch breaks or are overwhelmed with jobs to do. I would never work in this company again.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Everything else

Avoid

I worked for Deeset for over 3 years and in that time I literally could not have done anymore professionally for the company. My mental health seriously took a nose dive in those 3 years and I strongly believe this company were the sole reason for that! Management treat you terribly and talk to you awfully.There are no incentives, not even a thank you when you go out of your way arranging child care or cancel personal appointments to complete a job that your not scheduled for. You are expected to jump and ask how high when they click there fingers and demand you complete a call at the last minute! Work fluctuates from 5 hours a week to 55 hours a week and your just expected to do it without question Its minimum wage, petrol expenses paid are very low and you will end up being worse off, bank holidays have to be worked the Tuesday after.Management and other deeset staff are very aggressive, rude and not approachable at all.I could continue for a while, as there are so many reason not to work for this company.

Pros

Cons

Feeling worthless

Not a nice company to work for. Very misleading

Didn’t work here that long due to management, don’t care for their employees, didnt give out safety induction, didnt give me any extra training or support when it was needed so left the job. Working hours were flexible but expected me to work far far more than the contract stated. Was only paid £4 an hour. Wouldn’t work for them again

Pros

Half hour lunch break

Cons

Disrespectful. Just everything

Don't go into this thinking it's a simple part time role

Honestly IV worked for Deeset for many years (Continue) and at first I loved the job but as time has gone of the area I work in has grown to a point of it's now so much stress, were expected to deliver so many standers but with hours Beeing constantly cut. The pay is only just minimum and considering Morrisons workers get more than a superviser and yet we expected to deliver the same standers and work loads as the store we operate in. Honestly of I wasn't because of the team I work with I would have quit long ago.

Pros

Great teams, short shifts

Cons

High expectations, not great pay, large work loads

Terrible employers & stupid colleagues

Zero training. Rubbish and incompetent management. All together terrible place to work. Dirty and unsafe working conditions on disgusting warehouses

Cons

It’s ok if your area is fully staffed

Loved working here for the most part but you are piled on work when your the only one in the area and that is exhausting I often started at 5am to get a start to the day so I could complete all tasks , the timings are unfair that are allocated , sometimes the plannograms or info is wrong leaving everyone in a fluff

Pros

Supposed to be flexible

Cons

Pay, timing, pressure to do more work

Jobs at Dee Set

See more jobs

Can be a good place to work provided you’re part of a good team

Good to work for generally, very flexible. However there is a bit of a problem with internalised bullying that led to many team members leaving. Other that that it was an enjoyable place to work for

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Very little staff benefits

Do Not Reccomend!

Most days I would find myself and my colleagues would all have to stay late due to the size of our workload. And you wouldn't get paid! If you did decide to go home you would feel bad the next day when your manager asks why it wasn't all done then you just begin again! It isn't good if you rely on public transport to get to and from your workplace! The salary is minimum wage which isn't too bad, but as the only person who was there who wasn't over 25, it was very disheartening to be doing the same workload as everyone else but for £2 less than everyone else! If cover was needed you would be made to feel bad if you wasn't available! I do not reccomend this job to anyone. Glad I jumped ship when I did!!

Terrible area managers who all act like parrots

Horrendous company to work for back stabbing area managers.Need get rid all old school management including area managers and start fresh. You do not need area managers, if your not flavour of the month you will lose hours.

Pros

Cons

Watch your back area managers are after you watching

No organisation

Too much work to do, very large geographical area to cover, absolutely no support from senior managers, many broken promises, no development, blame culture. Happy to let you work 60/70 hour weeks.

Pros

Cons

Pay, lack of accountability from the top down.

Contract

Love the job just wish it was not zero contract each week. you can have different hours each week and these can change even after you have accepted hours. Plus side flexy hours no weekends no late nights.

Pros

no weekends

Cons

zero contract

Bad company

Started with Deeset, no training just pushed in a store. No tablet to communicate, the store has been left to run down, warehouse a complete mess, back log of deliveries. Make up stand broke and run down. Left without supervision for weeks, no-one to show me the ropes. When some1 did show up I was blamed for the run down store which was how I found it. I was then expected to work over to sort it out with the person who had come, like 9 hours in 1 day, then told to be back at 5am even tho I don't drive. Rang on weekends begging me to go in even tho my working hours were week days. Not disability friendly recenand can see it still run down. I have a disability no risk assesments and when i said i was going to putt salessaleswitwitsaworkinalobwworking alone

Pros

Cons

Every thing

Not a very good company to work for

Not a good company to work for treat people with no respect and think you don't have a life outside of work the pay was reasonable you work all over the uk which i found interesting

Job review

They are wonderful to work for, great teamwork, friendly staff and a fast-paced environment. Would definitely recommend working here to a friend or member of the public.

Corrupt top down

Having had the misfortune of working with this outfit, I was injured at work in an awful stock room. No decent reporting facilities, no follow up and no improvement measures. Line manager constantly stealing time and covered up by higher management, the most rudest, obnoxious, self important person I have ever worked alo

Basic job

Poor organisation, never pay your expenses properly. Stock never comes to store on time so you dont make your money.... ........................

fun place to work

I have found since starting at Deeset that I really enjoy working for them as the people that I often work alongside are great and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dee Set. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.3Job security/advancement

Compare Dee Set with

• Dee Set
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?