Deliveroo
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Deliveroo Employee Reviews

I’m often signed in online for hours without getting an order! The area isn’t populated enough with restaurants making it really difficult to make a proper salary
Pros
Withdraw same day payments
Cons
Salary is unexpected
Been with the company for around a year. I work in chester which can be a very busy town. I do this full-time on a 125cc Scooter. You get to work when you want which is fantastic. If you put the days in you can earn good money. And I mean very good money. As long as you do the job right you won't have any issues.
Pros
Cons
Bad weather
It's great that you can choose when to work. But I'm hardly getting any work and I have it on the majority of the time. In the busy periods, I get no orders or only one. It's poor that they take 50p off your pay when it gets transferred into your bank account.
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Hardly any orders
Easy work, the more effort you put in the more you earn. Work whenever you want and left to your own devices. Biggest issue is as you’re paid per delivery, you can work for hours with minimal work and you don’t get subsidised for your idle time.
Pros
Work whenever. Decent pay when busy
Cons
If dead can work hours for peanuts
It was a good experience to work for deliveroo, but I believe there was more work and less pay. I think each worker should get a set amount of pay for delivering per person or household. It should be fixed pay like most companies. Deliveroo is a very tiering job especially for bike riders. It’s not easy, finding the right house and going in and out from the same place and delivering over and over again. It has some benefits like you work on your own, and work on your own pace which is a plus side to things. It’s a great company but the pay needs to be compromised.
Deliveroo can be a good way to make a little extra money or if you are in between work. Please understand though that it certainly is not a career and you should definitely have other career prospects. You are self-employed so you are not guaranteed a penny. Some days will be quite and some days very busy.Everyway you choose to preform the work has positives and negatives. Using a car or moped means you have to pay for food delivery insurance, petrol etc.The work is fairly straightforward and it can be fun to be out and about your city with no boss. You will occasionally deal with issues like finding a customers address but Rider support is fairly helpful.Make sure you stay safe when your outside. Keep warm and drive safely. Please understand that you can make some decent money but it certainly isn't always the case and it's best not to solely rely on Deliveroo to pay your bills. However, the flexibility is what may make it appealing.
Pros
Flexibility, Freedom, Easy Job
Cons
Annoying restaurants, Unreliable
Allowed me to have a good balance with my social life and work. very helpful work colleagues and was a fun job being able to be my own boss and work when it was best for me.
You can earn anywhere from 10 to 25 GBP an hour. The weather is s b****, and it is not worth it to work when it is raining or freezing. It is not possible to ride for 8h a day and you have to work each night. The pay at first seams awesome but expenses must be considered too.
Cons
Cant work for much more than 4h straight
I’ve been a delivery partner for delivery for over a month what they promise you to get paid for an hour You don’t get that the customer service towards the driver are useless there is not a helpline for driver you emailed them and they don’t respond you for a month it’s not a good company to work for Uber is much better
Really excited to work with deliveroo, I can work any times during the week, even only weekends days only and that’s how I cover my expenses for food and bills.
Pros
Quick payment at any time
Cons
Long hours but fun
The experience I had working for Deliveroo was pretty exciting. As assignments where distributed to contractors through their proprietary app and I didn't need to stay logged in at specific times, I can say that the job was offering me a lot of flexibility. However although tasks were very easy, I needed to be very careful when riding, particularly during peak hours, not only because of motorised vehicles, but also other bicycles, scooters and careless pedestrians.
Pros
Flexibility, freedom, perks
Cons
Long hours, plenty of physical fatigue
It was like running on a treadmill at top speed and seeing how long could I endure before I became completely fatigued. But, I got to be on my own, free to have peace of mind. dashing about delivering orders while listening to music isn't so bad until an order goes wrong. But then that would be on me. I just wish there had been more hours to go around and fewer attempts from people trying to steal my bike.
Pros
On my own, enjoy the ride to A and B
Cons
Not enough hours. Working pool over saturated.
I worked as a rider in London for about two years, it was really useful to improve my English and to see and learn more about the city.This kind of job is not really difficult but you have to ride every day even under the rain or the snow...so you swing for the fences if you want to reach money 😉
It's a great place to work. Average earnings are £10-£12 per hour. Flexibility is great as you choose when to work. You can use car, bike, moped, bicycle or even a scooter. Register as a rider and if you put my referral bonus code DA197628 you will get up to £150 extra on top of your normal earnings after completing 30 orders.
Pros
Flexibility - you choose when to work
Cons
On quiet days not many orders.
Great job for a people looking to earn some extra cash. I learned practical stuff about the art of cycling and delivering products. You never see the management, what's good about the job is it's only about you and the customer. The hardest part of the job is going out and waiting for a delivery and nothing comes for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a order, delivering it and then getting another order in the same area.If you do decide to go for it signing up here will give you an extra £50 after 30 orders: https://roo.it/MI173230
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Cons
Work is irregular, at the mercy of weather
I joined as a consultant and the team did not make me feel included. The senior manager was out of cahoots with the team. There was not a sense of belonging. The tech stack was ok but some of my team were self centered
Pros
Free Friday Lunches, Great Location, Great Office Space
I applied for this job as I needed to start earning some money while I was at uni. Recommend not doing it during winter as I got quite ill. Also make sure you have enough battery on ur phone
Pros
Good exercise, flexible.
Cons
Bad weather, hills and long distances.
Less salary is very difficult to do living wage in delivery. Always rain that makes the job harder. They look like they don't know how to hire they hire so many riders and every one waiting for the order almost 1 hour.
Pros
Less than minimum wage
Cons
Hard job
Cycling around for £10 an hour. Great job for students but tricky to live off as you'll probably only get 20-25 hours a week and even if you had more you'll be exhausted from cycling.
I quit after not being able to get a single hour's work for several months on end. When you are able to work, it's a decent job with decent pay… but it's so rare that you'll be able to have consistent work each week.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
0hr contract and very poor management
the hardest part is waiting for food to be ready, can take up to 40 minutes. the best part is happy customers waiting eagerly at home. and it is flexible. work when you want, where you want.
  1. Employee reviews