Deliveroo

Deliveroo Pay & benefits reviews: Driver

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Easy & Efficient for a student Job

As a full-time student, it was difficult to find a job that would be flexible enough to wrap around your own schedule. Although the pay per delivery has now changed to a new paid system, I found it relatively easy to book hours whenever I wanted/had time to which was the most important thing for me.

Pros

Free Food from some restaurants occasionally

Cons

Not a good pay

Honest review

Been with the company for around a year. I work in chester which can be a very busy town. I do this full-time on a 125cc Scooter. You get to work when you want which is fantastic. If you put the days in you can earn good money. And I mean very good money. As long as you do the job right you won't have any issues.

Pros

Cons

Bad weather

Was good for a while but after a few months it was hard to earn a decent wage

The first few months (when uni Freshers started in Bath)were good, then they employed too many drivers and reduced fees so hard to make even min wage!

It wasnt great

Low pay when not busy, no compensation for being ill, no holiday pay, no schedule. Occasionally got free food was and flexible. Other than that it was pretty bad.

when it is busy it's a great job

when there are enough orders to go around it feels brilliant being outside doing exercise while getting paid about £10 pound an hour. All too often though you are hanging around in the cold waiting for orders or for me last month not being able to make enough to live off. Its mentally exhausting to not know whether you will be earning enough or not

Pros

being outside

Cons

having absolutely no control of how much you earn

good

good for students as a part time job and for people that want to work and at the same time stay fit. It was an easy job that required minimum experience.

Why not

Pretty standard delivery work, and a fairly decent summer job. The extra pound per delivery plus tips is a good incentive to work more, although, when the Driveroo App breaks or malfunctions, the driver and customer experience is seriously affected. Technology is great when it works... Would recommend it, but not as a permanent employment solution.

Its okay, simple job

Simple job pick up food, deliver, repeat, it's boring after a few times of doing it, it says you can earn £16 p/hr, this is not true and I have been working with deliveroo for a month, I average out £8-10 p/hr depending how busy it gets, however the people I work with are nice and cool, I work in elephant and castle, it may be different in other areas.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Long hours, no free lunches, tiring, road rages

Fun

Basically, it is a job that I find very enojoyable as I've met quite a lot of fun people during my working hours but unfortunately there are negatives with every positive that being that the working hours for me were very insufficient.

Pros

Fun job

Cons

scarce working hours

Only good for part time

You are your own person on the bike, free to listen to music etc Depending on where you are sometimes you can wait up to 1/2 hour for an order (I imagine its different in London) For a student or part time it's infinitely better than working in a supermarket or restaurant. They take money out of your pay for the first few months until you've paid off the price of the equipment (something they only tell you later) Sign up using this referral code and you'll get £50 when you deliver 20 orders: FR79677

Pros

self employed

Cons

weather/ late hours

Jobs at Deliveroo

Driver positions
See more jobs

Rubbish company

This is rubbish company. Deliveroo pays you £7 as self employed. It means you get less money than national minimum wages.There is no staff food no payed holiday. It pays money for petrol but this is less than you spend on it.It pays petrol only from the restaurants to the customers houses.There is no place for the drivers. You need to wait on the street to get orders.Deliveroo doesn't care about you and your motorcycle.They send you to dangerous places.If you have lost your motorcycle they will say you "I am so sorry ". The management of Deliveroo is so rude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement