Deliveroo

Deliveroo Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Not made for the local townies

I do enjoy working for deliveroo I do, even though I work in a small town and have a riders account, I’m asked to make very long journeys, pedal not electric bike and I have to decline more because I’m unable to make longer journeys and after requires more food and run down so I’m not over worked for a single payout. It’s not deliveroo fault I know. I just wish accounts and distance of mobility was taken more in consideration

Pros

Work any time, free one time uniform

Cons

Distance between jobs by pedal bike

Not enough work.

It would be a great job with great pay, if the orders were regular when on the app. Sometimes, I've waited two hours for an order to come in and regularly an hour. I end up coming offline and going home.

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay per delivery

Cons

Not enough work

It's ok when they boost the pay rates at busy times

When the pay is boosted during busy evenings like x1.4 it can be good but non boosted days it seems like it's not worth the cost of fuel and insurance ☹️

Pros

Good when on boosted pay hours

Cons

Fuel cost is high

Dont.. just done waste your time working for deliveroo

Pay is low. Expect a decent order once every 2 hours. Dont even think about working here especially if you’re on a bike. Wasted too much time with this silly company

Pros

Literally none

Cons

No orders

You've read the papers

I'm sure I don't need to go on and on about Deliveroos algorithms and how they can leave you sometimes earning just £2/HR as theres plenty of that our there in the national news. Just don't do it... Unless you want to cycle in your spare time to get fit it's really not a career choice

Pros

Cycling keeps you fit

Cons

Poor pay for long journeys

Keep disableling account not worth it.

I’ve had my account for near enough one year it’s being disabled more than 4 times in row it’s not worth it. I’m very disappointed with the deliveroo one of the worse company. Ive ever had in my intire life. bad experience. not worth the hassle.

Pros

Cons

6 hours

Free lance self controlled solo driven work space

It's not bad if you dont mind working evenings and working your socks off pushing for as many deliveries as possible will maximise profits . I find it's only really worth it money wise working during peak times so be prepared to give up weekends and holidays.. Generally keeps you on the go and you can explore the city but it is exhausting sometimes especially some routes uphill are a pain but you soon get to know and push your limits and good areas and routes to take that work out nicely, try to make it convenient and worthwhile otherwise some trips take you far out of the centre zone .you do get extra for longer distances but time wise you lose out if on bicycle as you have to get all the way back into town to pick any following orders.. Its alright tho, good for the casual or even racing cyclist, its great for people who need a few extra dolla and dont mind putting in the geind for mileage. low skilled -except map work/geography & navigating roads.. and if u have a car or moped even better , worth a go , try it out

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Freedom

Flexible workplace

I got hired as a deliveroo rider since late 2016 and been doing it for over over 3 years. However due to the COVID pandemic I decided to stop for a while. The overall impression was good because they offer flexible hours and a decent salary. I would recommend deliveroo as a part time job especially for students who are looking for part-time jobs and love a bit of adrenaline with their bike. Deliveroo offers the possibility to work using a car as well but it was not the case for me. I love sports so bike was the best option for me as a student who just got to uk for his studies.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Numerous employees

Good fun

Has been a very fun job since I applied years ago, it's not a living wage as you are paid per delivery though it is good pocket money! Rider Support has always gone above and beyond to help with all issues iv had, I dare say I'm proud to be a long term rider with DeliverooI would recommend using a bycicle if you wish to have this job as a way to earn 20 or 30 quid in the evening, or a moped if you intend to do this as your only income. A car will not be worth it in the long run when factoring in mataince and up keep

Pros

Freindly coworkers, great support, free kit replacements, meet new people

Cons

N/a

Often hard to get work

I’m often signed in online for hours without getting an order! The area isn’t populated enough with restaurants making it really difficult to make a proper salary

Pros

Withdraw same day payments

Cons

Salary is unexpected

Honest review

Been with the company for around a year. I work in chester which can be a very busy town. I do this full-time on a 125cc Scooter. You get to work when you want which is fantastic. If you put the days in you can earn good money. And I mean very good money. As long as you do the job right you won't have any issues.

Pros

Cons

Bad weather

Easy going work

Easy work, the more effort you put in the more you earn. Work whenever you want and left to your own devices. Biggest issue is as you’re paid per delivery, you can work for hours with minimal work and you don’t get subsidised for your idle time.

Pros

Work whenever. Decent pay when busy

Cons

If dead can work hours for peanuts

It was fun

It was a good experience to work for deliveroo, but I believe there was more work and less pay. I think each worker should get a set amount of pay for delivering per person or household. It should be fixed pay like most companies. Deliveroo is a very tiering job especially for bike riders. It’s not easy, finding the right house and going in and out from the same place and delivering over and over again. It has some benefits like you work on your own, and work on your own pace which is a plus side to things. It’s a great company but the pay needs to be compromised.

Pay is better than minimum wage, not taking expenses into the account

You can earn anywhere from 10 to 25 GBP an hour. The weather is s b****, and it is not worth it to work when it is raining or freezing. It is not possible to ride for 8h a day and you have to work each night. The pay at first seams awesome but expenses must be considered too.

Cons

Cant work for much more than 4h straight

Productive & fun

Really excited to work with deliveroo, I can work any times during the week, even only weekends days only and that’s how I cover my expenses for food and bills.

Pros

Quick payment at any time

Cons

Long hours but fun

Great flexibility and easy money

It's a great place to work. Average earnings are £10-£12 per hour. Flexibility is great as you choose when to work. You can use car, bike, moped, bicycle or even a scooter. Register as a rider and if you put my referral bonus code DA197628 you will get up to £150 extra on top of your normal earnings after completing 30 orders.

Pros

Flexibility - you choose when to work

Cons

On quiet days not many orders.

Flexible job for when you need a bit of extra cash

I applied for this job as I needed to start earning some money while I was at uni. Recommend not doing it during winter as I got quite ill. Also make sure you have enough battery on ur phone

Pros

Good exercise, flexible.

Cons

Bad weather, hills and long distances.

Working everyday earning 4 pound per hour. It was very difficult to earn a living wage.

Less salary is very difficult to do living wage in delivery. Always rain that makes the job harder. They look like they don't know how to hire they hire so many riders and every one waiting for the order almost 1 hour.

Pros

Less than minimum wage

Cons

Hard job

Inconsistent and hard to get any hours on a 0hr contract

I quit after not being able to get a single hour's work for several months on end. When you are able to work, it's a decent job with decent pay… but it's so rare that you'll be able to have consistent work each week.

Pros

Exercise

Cons

0hr contract and very poor management

Great work depending on your area.

Overall deliveroo is something that you could do as a part time/flexible job. However this is mainly based on the area that you live in. This is because if you lived in an area such as London or Birmingham you will get a lot of deliveries come through however if you live in more of a suburban area there will be less orders to come through which requires you to work at the peak times.And even then it's not very reliable as sometimes you travel like 5km away and only get around £4 for one delivery.

Pros

Flexible work and goes at your own pace

Cons

Unreliable source of income.

It’s pretty good if you want to start of a job

It’s pretty good it’s good for starting of new somewhere to earn some money And it’s competitive and relaxing you only need to stress if your late and need to get in time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement