Deliveroo

Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Great for independence

This is a great job if you want independence. Choosing your own hours etc. The job is simple and the app easy to use. The only bad thing is pay could be better. Sometimes you'd be sat around waiting for a delivery which pushing your per hour earnings down.

Honest review

Been with the company for around a year. I work in chester which can be a very busy town. I do this full-time on a 125cc Scooter. You get to work when you want which is fantastic. If you put the days in you can earn good money. And I mean very good money. As long as you do the job right you won't have any issues.

Pros

Cons

Bad weather

Fun work

It's great that you can choose when to work. But I'm hardly getting any work and I have it on the majority of the time. In the busy periods, I get no orders or only one. It's poor that they take 50p off your pay when it gets transferred into your bank account.

Pros

Work whenever you want

Cons

Hardly any orders

Easy going work

Easy work, the more effort you put in the more you earn. Work whenever you want and left to your own devices. Biggest issue is as you’re paid per delivery, you can work for hours with minimal work and you don’t get subsidised for your idle time.

Pros

Work whenever. Decent pay when busy

Cons

If dead can work hours for peanuts

It was fun

It was a good experience to work for deliveroo, but I believe there was more work and less pay. I think each worker should get a set amount of pay for delivering per person or household. It should be fixed pay like most companies. Deliveroo is a very tiering job especially for bike riders. It’s not easy, finding the right house and going in and out from the same place and delivering over and over again. It has some benefits like you work on your own, and work on your own pace which is a plus side to things. It’s a great company but the pay needs to be compromised.

very flexible

Allowed me to have a good balance with my social life and work. very helpful work colleagues and was a fun job being able to be my own boss and work when it was best for me.

Pay is better than minimum wage, not taking expenses into the account

You can earn anywhere from 10 to 25 GBP an hour. The weather is s b****, and it is not worth it to work when it is raining or freezing. It is not possible to ride for 8h a day and you have to work each night. The pay at first seams awesome but expenses must be considered too.

Cons

Cant work for much more than 4h straight

Delivery partner

I’ve been a delivery partner for delivery for over a month what they promise you to get paid for an hour You don’t get that the customer service towards the driver are useless there is not a helpline for driver you emailed them and they don’t respond you for a month it’s not a good company to work for Uber is much better

Productive & fun

Really excited to work with deliveroo, I can work any times during the week, even only weekends days only and that’s how I cover my expenses for food and bills.

Pros

Quick payment at any time

Cons

Long hours but fun

Stimulating, efficient and fun kind of job

The experience I had working for Deliveroo was pretty exciting. As assignments where distributed to contractors through their proprietary app and I didn't need to stay logged in at specific times, I can say that the job was offering me a lot of flexibility. However although tasks were very easy, I needed to be very careful when riding, particularly during peak hours, not only because of motorised vehicles, but also other bicycles, scooters and careless pedestrians.

Pros

Flexibility, freedom, perks

Cons

Long hours, plenty of physical fatigue

Peace of mind whilst working

It was like running on a treadmill at top speed and seeing how long could I endure before I became completely fatigued. But, I got to be on my own, free to have peace of mind. dashing about delivering orders while listening to music isn't so bad until an order goes wrong. But then that would be on me. I just wish there had been more hours to go around and fewer attempts from people trying to steal my bike.

Pros

On my own, enjoy the ride to A and B

Cons

Not enough hours. Working pool over saturated.

A day in London

I worked as a rider in London for about two years, it was really useful to improve my English and to see and learn more about the city.This kind of job is not really difficult but you have to ride every day even under the rain or the snow...so you swing for the fences if you want to reach money 😉

Great flexibility and easy money

It's a great place to work. Average earnings are £10-£12 per hour. Flexibility is great as you choose when to work. You can use car, bike, moped, bicycle or even a scooter. Register as a rider and if you put my referral bonus code DA197628 you will get up to £150 extra on top of your normal earnings after completing 30 orders.

Pros

Flexibility - you choose when to work

Cons

On quiet days not many orders.

Good for a part time job

Great job for a people looking to earn some extra cash. I learned practical stuff about the art of cycling and delivering products. You never see the management, what's good about the job is it's only about you and the customer. The hardest part of the job is going out and waiting for a delivery and nothing comes for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a order, delivering it and then getting another order in the same area.If you do decide to go for it signing up here will give you an extra £50 after 30 orders: https://roo.it/MI173230

Pros

Flexibility in working hours

Cons

Work is irregular, at the mercy of weather

Deliveroo - What a terrible place to work

I joined as a consultant and the team did not make me feel included. The senior manager was out of cahoots with the team. There was not a sense of belonging. The tech stack was ok but some of my team were self centered

Pros

Free Friday Lunches, Great Location, Great Office Space

Flexible job for when you need a bit of extra cash

I applied for this job as I needed to start earning some money while I was at uni. Recommend not doing it during winter as I got quite ill. Also make sure you have enough battery on ur phone

Pros

Good exercise, flexible.

Cons

Bad weather, hills and long distances.

Working everyday earning 4 pound per hour. It was very difficult to earn a living wage.

Less salary is very difficult to do living wage in delivery. Always rain that makes the job harder. They look like they don't know how to hire they hire so many riders and every one waiting for the order almost 1 hour.

Pros

Less than minimum wage

Cons

Hard job

Fun

Cycling around for £10 an hour. Great job for students but tricky to live off as you'll probably only get 20-25 hours a week and even if you had more you'll be exhausted from cycling.

Inconsistent and hard to get any hours on a 0hr contract

I quit after not being able to get a single hour's work for several months on end. When you are able to work, it's a decent job with decent pay… but it's so rare that you'll be able to have consistent work each week.

Pros

Exercise

Cons

0hr contract and very poor management

missions

the hardest part is waiting for food to be ready, can take up to 40 minutes. the best part is happy customers waiting eagerly at home. and it is flexible. work when you want, where you want.

I believe it’s a great company to work with

I had great experience working at Deliveroo. It helped me grow professionally and personally. I would recommend any friends to work with them. Overall it’s a great company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement

Compare Deliveroo with

• Deliveroo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?