Dental Partners UK

Dental Partners UK Employee Reviews

Great for career Development and opportunities

Great career opportunities and development, always encouraging for both professional and personally. very understanding with the work life balance and accommodating to change of hours after having my baby and retuning to work. Such a lovely work team. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Pros

Paid GDC, the team, locality, perks app

Very supportive

As a Trainee Dental Nurse, Dental Partners have helped me progress with in my course. All the staff are reassuring and helpful. Would highly recommend.

Excellent Opportunities for Career Development

I started working for Dental Partners in 2019.The changes in 2.5 years in our practice have been a positive experience.I have furthered my own studies and development and continue to do so, as and do the team.Apprenticeships started also in 2019 are now complete and team members are now happily qualified and registered and excited to see what’s next.We have been supported whenever we have needed anything, from simply advice to new equipment.It is a relaxed but professional workplace, with good life/work balance and flexibility.GDC and CPD paid for as well as retailers discounts, pay increases, birthday vouchers, bonuses, funded courses and training and uniforms/scrubs.

Pros

Paid GDC, Cpd, Training, courses, uniform, birthday vouchers, bonuses, pay reviews

Stressful and badly spoken to

Do not work for this company if you have any self respect especially Wilthorpe Park dental surgery, the manager there does not respect the nurses at all and speaks to them in a horrible manner. People are even scared to call in sick as you get accused of lying, Wilthorpe park does not deserve any staff as they are not respected in the slightest. Work life balance is awful as you never finish on time.

10 August 2021
Dear Colleague, I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at our Wilthorpe practice. Your feedback is very important to us and be assured we will act on it. The last 16+ months has been an incredible challenge and despite all the efforts we have made to continue to be the Best Place to Work in Dentistry, we too have had some setbacks.We are sorry that your sessions were running late. This is a challenge under normal circumstances but through Covid-19 and the enhanced SOP it has become acute. We will continue to work with some of our dentists to minimise the inevitable disruption caused when they overrun to meet patient needs. I can understand that with Covid-19, the “pingdemic” and the normal holiday season, staffing has been a challenge but there is no excuse for treating people poorly. If you can find the time, please contact the HR team directly to provide further details. It goes without saying that we are already investigating. In response to the fact that we know all of our practice colleagues have go above and beyond over the last year we have organised a special reward for all colleague that turned up during Covid. This reward is also payable for colleagues that return to us. Hopefully you will consider doing so.

Avoid

Best thing I’d say is avoid this place of work, very nepotistic, close knit culture, happy to push you out of trivial things, isolated place of work, boring, people like to ask 101 personal questions about your life... I can go on.

18 February 2021
Dear ex-colleague, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback is appreciated, and I hope you can get in touch with us again through our people team so we can investigate why your experience with our organisation/practice did not live up to our goal of being the Best Place to Work in the world of dentistry. As you will know a pillar of Best Place to Work is creating great teams. This means we do try to retain and build on strong family cultures in all our practices. Sometimes this can be a double-edged sword. I am sorry on this occasion it has had the opposite effect to what we wanted. No one should feel isolated, bored and ultimately treated differently at work. We are sorry it felt that way to you. Also, your personal life should be private to you and I can understand when people work very closely together, it can be very natural to ask questions about what goes on outside of work. If that made you uncomfortable, we are sorry.We would like you to “go on” and tell us more so we can learn from this. Please contact us/our HR team even if it is anonymous, so we can better understand your experience and make the necessary changes. Finally, I would like to reassure you that your experience appears to an exception. Whilst the pandemic has been a tremendous strain on all colleagues, our recent engagement survey results show a significant improvement in overall engagement score and our employee net promoter score (which is the likelihood that our colleagues promote Dental Partners as a great place to work with family and friends). Hopefully, this shows we are -

I love working for Dental partners. I have learnt that all Groups/Corporates are not the same they really do care about there staff and it really is the best place to work.The workplace in relaxed but professional and everyone is very approachable and a great team.They have great benefits, paid GDC Indemnity and CPD just to name a few.who wouldn't enjoy working in a great team.

Pros

Free lunch and learns CPD GDC

Cons

not found any yet.

Great Place to work!!!

I have worked for Dental Partners for 12 months now as a Practice Manager at their Broadway Practice and I was welcomed by all the staff from day one.The staff have been supportive and care about our patients they are a great Team .Since joining I have made various requests to improve the practice and Dental Partners have listened and made the changes. The clinicians have been supported to extend their clinical skills and we now have a broad range of NHS and Private dentistry that we can offer our patients The Covid-19 Pandemic hit us in March 2020 and the companies communication with all the staff was outstanding. We all felt informed and safe through out this difficult time.I cant think of a .better place to work and I would highly recommend Dental Partners

Pros

Free Nurse GDC registration & Indemnity, Approachable at all levels, Competitive Salary

Cons

none yet

Great Place to work

I have worked with Dental partners at for just over a year the company overall is great ! The company offer so many benefits to their staff such as vouchers for your birthdays and Christmas plus many more. Through COVID the compliance team have been brilliant support could no have done it without them.The communication has been great through conference call with clinical leads.

Pros

vouchers for your birthdays

Good as corporates go!

Dental Partners have a few dozen surgeries in the UK so they are medium sized. They are well organized and fair with their staff. If you show initiative and competence, you will definitely get to progress further and the job is very secure. Like most things in life, it's what you make of your opportunity.

Pros

Cons

There aren't actually.

Very Welcoming

Everyone is very welcoming and make sure your not thrown in the deep end. I really enjoy my job and my collogues who I work closely beside. We are a close team.

it really is the best place to work

i have worked with dental partners for just over a year the company overall is fantastic! and offers so many opportunities for growth. the overall support from management is amazing if you encounter any problems within the practice they are fast acting to overcome these and are very supportive! The company offer so many benefits to their staff such as vouchers for your birthdays and Christmas plus many more.

Pros

job security, benefits, support, fantastic team

best place to work

All I can say is great things about Dental Partners as a company. I started with them as a nurse 12 months ago and within 3 months I was given the chance to progress into the PM role. throughout the pandemic I have felt the support from all of Dental Partners has been Fantastic, weather it be the Dental teams, Managers, Operation Managers or Head Office. It certainly is the best place to work.

Pros

job security, good support network, birthday vouchers

Great company

Our practice as acquired Jan 2020 and definitely this was for the better. I have never felt so supported in my job role by management and also other managers in my area. This is the 3rd corporate I have worked for and this will be my final. I love dental partners work ethics and what they stand for and the freedom we have as a practice to look after our patients.

Pros

Vest place to work. Birthday voucher. Great support network

Cons

Non at the moment

Amazing place to work

I have worked for dental partners for 9 months now and I have really enjoyed my time with them and I can see my future with dental partners. Dental partners have some amazing perks like birthday vouchers, discounts shopping etc. I have already progressed in my career with dental partners and I have been given a huge amount of support whilst progressing. Overall, I think dental partners is an amazing place to work.

Pros

Birthday vouchers and incentives

Supportive, passionate dental group

I have worked for various corporate’s in dentistry and I believe this group stands out and is the most genuine. Everything I was promised during my interview was what I have experienced. The higher management team are down to earth and genuinely care about every member of team. I’m 12 months into my role and it is the best move I ever made.

Pros

Feeling appreciated, excellent communication

Since joining Dental Partners I have been nothing but impressed by how organised they are. The communication is great and they have a very clear, honest and open communication policy. I feel they listen to colleagues. The investment they have and continue to make and the opportunities they have is truly refreshing.

Pros

Pay, Compliance, Communication, Organised, Best place to work, Support and encouragement for professional growth

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything

Love working for dental partners!!

An amazing company to work for. So wonderful to work in such a lovely environment where you are appreciated and supported by a company who truly care about your well being.

Great company to work for

Dental Partners acquired the company I was working for and naturally with any merger, staff were unsure what this meant. However I can honestly say that Dental Partners were great throughout the merger and have continued to be while working under their leadership. They fully support their staff and being a part of a larger group opens up more opportunities for everyone. Notably, they have been great with their staff throughout the Covid 19 crisis, supporting all staff and keeping us up to date at all times. I would recommend working for them.

A good place to work.

A good place to work. Equipment brought if needed and a good structure of management with a good interaction. A good team structure with training and advancement if you want it.

Lack of respect for staff

Ok if your a dentist as u can do what you want. But reception and nurses as treated like rubbish.no lunch breaks and late finishes. Dentists rude and arrogant. Manager had no input so just put up with it.

27 December 2019
As always, we are grateful for feedback, so thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are right that we have focussed a lot of our efforts on creating the Best Place to Work for dentists and clinical freedom is an important part of our commitments. However, our purpose is to create the Best Place to Work so that we can improve the quality of life for all our people. We are acting on the feedback from our recent engagement survey as well as your thoughts in that we that we have focussed Best Place to Work more on our dentist colleagues than our great nursing and support teams. We have heard that loud and clear and so the next 12 months we will act to ensure that all colleagues are engaged and empowered by Best Place to Work.We have shared your feedback with the dentists in the practice and asked that they reflect on your words, especially regarding overrunning. I know that both the practice manager and operations manager have met with the dentists to discuss this concern and on the back of your feedback we (Directors) have also met or spoken to them to address the impact on colleagues and patients. The dentists do acknowledge that they do overrun at times and they are trying their best to address this. As most people in healthcare know, sometimes things don’t go to plan and the needs of the patients take priority. So, we are sorry this created a challenging environment for you but rest assured things will improve. Your comments regarding behaviour have also been shared and I am sorry you feel that way. We do have very driven and passionate dentists at Ferndown, and I can -

A really exciting company to work for, that has a great Ethos!

Dental Partners is a great organisation to work for. They focus on being Best Place to Work and implement everything they can to achieve this. Management are supportive and have great expertise within their department. I really enjoy my role, working in such a faced pace environment, which is growing rapidly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Partners UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3