Dentalcare Group

Dentalcare Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

Great team of people to work for, both the individual teams at each practice and management teams

A company who are fair with their staff, giving them lots of opportunity to develop if they so wish. Help always on hand to support those queries you may not need the answer too.Everyone’s really helpful and friendly and always looking to do the best by the patient

Pros

Great team delivery

Stay Away

Awful no support unprofessional management threatened and dont pay for hours you work compliance and health and safety shocking shortage of staff leading you to do all roles head office in Indian

Pros

Cons

Space isn't big enough

Insights into Dentalcare Group

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Disappointing

Too much gossip and NO confidentiality. Peoples salaries discussed in the tea room in front of all staff. No privacy or professionalism. Practice is not run for the patients. Not only unprofessional staff but unprofessional practices.

Supportive

Great place to work with a very supportive team with full training provided. Lovely people to work with and a good laugh throughout the working day.

Company who cares about staff and patients

I've worked in Dentalcare since 2014 and have seen how over the years the organisation has evolved in the way it's operating. The company has expanded and always able to accommodate staff requests including flexible working. There is plenty of support for people who want to progress in their career and open pathways for further development. Really good supporting network for new starters. We all mainly care about our patients and strive for excellence in dental services provided to our communities.

Pros

Free CPDs, lots of training, career progression

I love my job!

I can’t praise the company enough for all they have done for me! It’s a great atmosphere to work in with the best team! It’s a face paced environment that can become stressful at times but all your other team members always help you through it! The company has helped me find my feet and love the job I’m in! Everyone is so supportive and helps you get to where you need to be. Honestly can’t recommend this company enough!

Been happy at Dentalcare for over 10 years

I have worked for Dentalcare for over 10 years, went away for a year and returned, so that speaks volumes...I enjoy helping patients in my local community and missed being part of a friendly & caring team. I have always felt supported and encouraged to try new roles within the company.

Friendly, Team work, well driven

Enjoyed working and advancing professionally in this friendly, relaxed team. Fast paced and well trained. Lots of extra training provided and well worth taking advantage of if you want to progress in a great Dental Career. Great manager at Brackley, who is always supportive to staff.

Absolutely revolting

The company as a whole is revolting, you go to work each day not knowing what might happen, you could have your job or you might not. If you threaten to leave the company they will offer you a tiny pay rise and expect you to still stay. Nurses have no say in anything, you try to say your opinion and it gets put down immediately. You get promised the earth and get told you’ll get all the support you need and get none of it, you have it all thrown back in your face and trainees get absolutely no credit for the work they do. Management is awful and have next to no qualified nurses and if your a trainee your expected to work on your own, work over your hours and work illegally throughout your lunch and at the end of day and trainees are expected to work unsupervised.

Pros

Cons

Everything.

Enjoyable job with good opportunity for development

Lots of space for promotion/ advancement with a good level of support from other staff in the group in the same role. The group is well organised with clear procedures and plenty of opportunity to ask for help. The practice itself is an enjoyable place to work, with lovely colleagues and friendly patients.

Pros

Pleasant place to work

fast paced but fun!!

lots of training, job progression opportunities, effective management, great team to work with!real turnaround within the business in the last few months. hard working staff that always put patients first. clean and tidy practise.

Pros

job progression and staff benefits

Cons

none!

Busy but friendly

Great team and well supported.Busy friendly practices. Fair wages . Can be flexible hours.Good support network.Regular meetings and updates. Training meetings

Pros

Great team

Cons

Busy

Avoid at all cost!

Hard work , no support , no care for staff and clinicians . You are expected to go above and beyond with no thanks or more money ! When things go wrong the finger is pointed at support staff when it is actually the owners. I have never worked for such an unprofessional company

Fantastic team and lovely patients

I've been working at Dentalcare Westbury for 5 years now and I only have good things to say about the amazing team of experienced staff. The patients are lovely and working at the practice has been truly enjoyable.

Unsupportive and Badly led

I don't honestly know how this company keeps running. The managers appear unsupported or completely incompetent; the staff are incredibly over-worked, and no one from Head Office takes responsibility or makes any actual chanhes for the better. They lie to you at the interview; make promises they have no intention of keeping; lie as to why previous staff left; do not support you at all throughout your time there, in any role. If you want to work for a dental company that does not value its staff at all, is happy to work you like a dog and still penalise you; regularly ask you to knowingly work uncompliantly; and are only interested in earning money for the practice, then these are the ones for you. If you have pride in your work, ethics and standards, a sense of morality and want to still like your job after 6 months of working, then AVOID AT ALL COSTS. You will not be happy there, and wish you never started.

Pros

If you're lucky, you'll get paid your correct salary, before the end of the correct pay day. But not every month.

Cons

No support from management or head office, no recognition of work, wages do not reflect the level of work you do, job satisfaction is very low as moral is so bad, wages regularly late, no money invested into the practices so buildings regularly falling apart, uppliers not paid so stock very difficult to get, very high turnover of staff, owners aren't interested in anything other than making money.

Completely unorganised

Negative environment, not being listened to about difficulties, no help or training for new staff, infection control completely ignored, no management at all. You feel alone all the way.

Pros

Cons

Don't work in there. No recognitions for hard work long hours low payment no management

Awful

The company cares for financial gain more than anything, you feel forced to overwork yourself, long hours on low wages. Apprentices used as cheap labour and chucked in to the deep end with no training. Health and safety is ignored, you are treated like a number rather than a human being!AVOID AS THIS COMPANY IS ONLY GETTING WORSE

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Growing and lots of opportunity

The company is growing, which does mean there are changes, but it is a collaborative company where your views are heard and can make an impact. It is a fast paced company with growth opportunities for people who are there to work hard.

Pros

Great boss/owner and colleagues

Cons

Few additional perks

Most stressful job I’ve ever had

A culture that definitely needs to be worked on. A lot of blame throwing/accusations. Never actually did the job I was there to do. I did not have everything I needed to do my job effectively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dentalcare Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement