Designer Contracts

Designer Contracts Employee Reviews

Opportunities to develop more skills within the industry and different aspects of departments within the company. A good company to learn and grow with.
Pros
Many bonuses to work towards
Cons
Every day brings new challenges, everyone is so friendly and approachable and helpful to assist with all aspects of the job. Training team are always happy to help!Management of all levels are approachable and helpful.
A busy but fun working environment.Friendly staff that support each other.Management are approachable and fair.You are expected to work hard but are rewarded for your efforts.
Pros
Free parking, training, easily accessible, team building events
If you want to look 10 years older than you actually are this place will help you achieve that.The secret recipe they have discovered is to get you on maximum stress levels within 10 minutes of starting your shift, then keep the pressure on all day until your shift finishes. Within a month you will already be seeing the benefits of this fast ageing process.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No social life, long hours, poor pay, extremely stressful environment
Training is horrific you have no help whatsoever after being showed something once your expected to remember it all. Management are clueless no idea what they are doing. Staff are nasty bullies unless your a favourite you are ignored and treated like dirt.
Cons
Work has been good and a lot to learn however due to the work and it being quiet there are some things I haven’t learnt however when things come in I am going through this with my manager
Honestly, I enjoyed my job, The work load could be hard at times but I always had the support of managers and the team. The company tries to make you feel valued, with a generous bonus scheme, team building days and even pizza days.I've made some great friends and there is a genuine caring attitude within the teams.At the end of the day "what you put in is what you get out"
Pros
Bonus Scheme, extended family vibes
I honestly cannot fault my experience with Designer Contracts.There is a fair appraisal system in place and if you are willing to work hard then you will be greatly rewarded with the bonus structure.There are multiple opportunities to train up and progress into different roles should you wish to do so.There is also a good benefit scheme available which comes in handy at Dentist and optician appointments!!I feel like I belong to a family rather than just a work place which makes it all the more easier to get up and go each morning!
Pros
Friendly staff, great bonus and benefit scheme, opportunity to progress
overall the company is fair and good to work for, But regional offices there is a element of bullying and back biting something i havent experienced in other companys i have worked for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad office atmosfphere
I left DC in March 2020 after 5years and I was absolutely gutted to leave my work family behind me, sobbed like a baby walking out!Let’s be honest, the majority of these reviews are done by people who have left before being pushed or left because they simply couldn’t stand the pace.Obviously we’d all like more money and a bigger salary but I’d say pay is fair and the bonus structure is very generous to say the least.Head Office staff are brilliant and they work ridiculously hard, whilst remaining professional yet keeping their humour and spirits high in a busy office.Funniest thing I’ve read in these reviews was a comment about the CEO, to say the man needs to learn the trade is the stupidest comment I’ve seen in a long time!Expect to work hard, maintain a high standard abs make friends. If you don’t meet expectations you will be told a d given time to improve, if you don’t work hard or put the effort in them you end up on here moaning about how everyone and their dog was against you.
Pros
Bonus structure, pizza days, family feel
24 November 2020
Thank you for your honest review. We wish you well in your new role.HR and H&S Director
These poor reviews are clearly from people trying to cause trouble! You are treated well, with decent salary and bonuses on offer, but are expected to work hard....so if you want to have a job where you can skive all day, this isn’t the place for you. It’s all about give and take!I’d recommend DC to anyone
Pros
Bonuses on top of salary
24 November 2020
Thank you for your review.It is really nice to hear some good, honest reviews.Kind RegardsHR and H&S Director
This is my personal experience but in all a good company to work for. This was a nice place to work and a supportive HR Department. I was accommodated really well to make the interview times round my current employer which was nice. The training plan in place is good in principal except I felt like I was unable to ask for help by my direct manager and a member of the team backstabbing me at any opportunity. My managers superior was amazing though and really went out of her way to help me
Where to begin with this one. Interview process left you thinking this could be a company to go places with. How wrong was I! Sales targets and numbers driven. I would never have applied if I'd known. If you like sitting in a cold, draughty office with air conditioner system which probably hasn't t been serviced since it was put in, bullying culture, and being thrown under the bus, then this is the place for you.
9 March 2020
HiPlease can you contact me at HRReportsandReviews@DesignerContracts,com to discuss this further.Kind RegardsHR Director
They live by the 3 B motto: Bullying - from top to bottom Backstabbing - be prepapred to be thrown under the bus daily Bltching - if they're not talking to you they're talking about you
21 January 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Please feel free to get in touch with me to discuss this further at HRReportsandReviews@DesignerContracts.comKind RegardsHR Director
A terrible place to work .A blame culture management not interested in improving company . People fearful of losing job always on edge . Terrible standard of fitters workmanship . Health and safety is awful . Long term employees think they are gods and untouchable always ready to throw you under bus !!!!
Poor management no training yet expectations high, HR are a complete waste of time not sure they actually have any knowledge of employment law. Managers clueless and staff turnover high due to poor management and conditions. On the face of this it sounds like a nice little job, just don't even think about it Health & safety a joke manual handling training is ignored and pressure put on 1 staff member to lift when it should be a 2 2 man lift, no care for employees.
21 January 2020
The atmosphere is awful, arguments between staff and managers, expected to work extra to deal with overloaded work load at no extra pay, long hours, no work life balance,
21 January 2020
Designer Contracts is an extremely fair employer. You will be given the opportunity to learn and grow within your job role and to progress within the Business if the opportunity arises. Additional bonuses and benefits available, if you work hard you will find it very satisfying and will be rewarded. There's a great team of people employed that make the company a motivational and fun place to work.
Pros
Great team of people to work with and support you
Cons
N/a
21 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am really pleased that you are happy working with Designer Contracts!Kind RegardsHR Director
Unfortunately reviews are mainly given by people with an axe to grind rather than the hundreds of employees who are happy and just don't think to write them! I have worked for the business for many years and have progressed within the business. I find it a great place to work with very friendly staff and there is a good support network around to help and guide everyone. Every employee receives a training plan when they start their employment with us and this shows all training that will be given for their role within their first 6 months. Training is given in house by regional staff and also we have a training department where every employee is trained and if necessary further training is arranged. We have a bonus structure that is achievable and have excellent benefits but unsurprisingly we do expect people to work for it! Designer Contracts is a fabulous company to work for - so much so, when people do leave us the majority want to come back again!
Pros
Free parking, excellent bonus and benefits
21 January 2020
The experience I have had with Designer Contracts is the worst I have had in my whole career. They provided no training, no guidance or advice on the role. Took 6 weeks to provide a contract. Then sacked with out any notice or logical explanation. They treat staff like a number not a person, they lie about the money you can earn and they deducted money of me when I was owed money in expenses. I have learnt the hard way do not make the same mistake I did.
Very busy job, sometimes you get a lot of management support, sometimes you don't. Can be unorganised. Everyone is friendly and most of the team will help each other out. Decent environment & has issues as does anywhere but not so bad all in all.
21 January 2020
Hi, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do welcome open and honest reviews, therefore I would welcome more information on the first point of your review so I can look into it further to see what I can do to improve matters. Please feel free to get in touch with me at HRReportsandReviews@DesignerContracts.com Kind RegardsHR Director
  1. Employee reviews