Designer Contracts

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

nice people and place to work

nice people and place to work lots of driving, varied work, lots of room for job progression.in a busy area with traffic so commute time can be unpredictable

Could be a great company to work for

There are a lot of very hard working individuals who work for Designer Contracts. Unfortunately there are many who are not and as long as you appear to be working/sucking up to management you reap the rewards. I've never experienced a culture quite like it.

Great management

The Job wasn't for me but there seems to be great career progression if you wished to be there longer. They management are very keen to help and friendly. The training staff are phenomenal All the staff were great and the work culture was very accepting.

Terrible company to work for! If your face doesnt fit your life will be made miserable

Wouldnt recommend working here st all! Management is useless and if you ask for help you are either ignored, snapped at or told to wait till later and later never comes. Training is non existent.

Pros

Good benefit package

Cons

Everything!

Never had any issues until they stinted me out of bonuses which I had earned!

I enjoyed working with the team I worked with; I believe I worked hard and tried my best and done everything to a T. I never had issues with anyone and the only reason I was leaving is to continue studying; done all the tasks to get a compliance bonus and extra objective bonuses which were up until the end of October, but was told because I’m leaving at the end of December, I don’t get the bonuses. This is ridiculous!

Cons

Took my bonuses off me, even after I had completed the tasks.

Busy but enjoyable

I enjoy working for DC, after the basics are covered it's been on the job learning which I prefer and the team has been very supportive. As a working environment it is lovely. Management is always willing to help out, offer advice, I feel like I can ask for help when needed.

Pros

Great Team Spirit, bonuses to work towards

15 March 2021
Thank you so much for your review.I am so pleased you enjoy working for Designer Contracts.Kind RegardsHR and H&S Director

Rewarding

I feel really valued as an employee , there is always something new to learn, no two days are the same. It is a really friendly company with good rewards.

Nice Company, nice team

Having worked at Designer Contracts for over 10 years and am still here I can say they are a very fair and good company to work for and am surprised with these negative reviews as they are not describing the office Iwhere I am working. Romford is a very busy office and can sometimes be stressful but as a team we work together and reach the final goal. The management do expect high standards but are always on hand to help and are not afraid of mucking in to help support the team. Many of the staff have been here for several years which speaks volumes in itself and we have now built a productive and friendly team. There is also great opportunities to progress in the company Designer Contracts offer a yearly Bonus , Medical Health Cover, People’s Pension, Staff Discount, Free Parking on site at Romford.

Pros

Bonus Scheme, Free parking, Staff Discount

Avoid this company

The worst place I ever worked for, management are bullies and if your face don’t fit nor will you, day one it starts well but within a week it’s like being in a war zone, the nasty comments start, everyone nice to each other’s faces but behind their backs it’s a different story, management is the worst, they turn people against each other, I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy, even if it was the last job on earth I would rather starve then ever work there again, Full of Bullies and rude management. No leadership skills, poor training, no compassion.

Pros

Cons

mentally draining place

9 March 2021
Hi Although we welcome open and honest reviews, it is unfair to keep posting negative reviews as I have noted this is the 3rd one from you.I have reported this to Indeed who are investigating it.HR and H&S Director

Busy and interesting

Every day brings new challenges, everyone is so friendly and approachable and helpful to assist with all aspects of the job. Training team are always happy to help!Management of all levels are approachable and helpful.

25 February 2021
Thank you for your honest review. Its lovely to have positive feedback from current employees.HR and H&S Director

Busy but fun place to work.

A busy but fun working environment.Friendly staff that support each other.Management are approachable and fair.You are expected to work hard but are rewarded for your efforts.

Pros

Free parking, training, easily accessible, team building events

Instantly age yourself by 10 years

If you want to look 10 years older than you actually are this place will help you achieve that.The secret recipe they have discovered is to get you on maximum stress levels within 10 minutes of starting your shift, then keep the pressure on all day until your shift finishes. Within a month you will already be seeing the benefits of this fast ageing process.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

No social life, long hours, poor pay, extremely stressful environment

25 February 2021
HiPlease can you contact me at HRReportsandReviews@DesignerContracts,com to discuss this further.Kind RegardsHR Director

Worst place I’ve ever worked

Training is horrific you have no help whatsoever after being showed something once your expected to remember it all. Management are clueless no idea what they are doing. Staff are nasty bullies unless your a favourite you are ignored and treated like dirt.

Fun workplace

Opportunities to develop more skills within the industry and different aspects of departments within the company. A good company to learn and grow with.

Pros

Many bonuses to work towards

Learning

Work has been good and a lot to learn however due to the work and it being quiet there are some things I haven’t learnt however when things come in I am going through this with my manager

25 February 2021
HiThank you for your review, I am pleased you are enjoying working for us.HR and H&S Director

Enjoyable & Varied

Honestly, I enjoyed my job, The work load could be hard at times but I always had the support of managers and the team. The company tries to make you feel valued, with a generous bonus scheme, team building days and even pizza days.I've made some great friends and there is a genuine caring attitude within the teams.At the end of the day "what you put in is what you get out"

Pros

Bonus Scheme, extended family vibes

25 February 2021
Thank you for your honest review. I wish you all the best in your new employment.HR and H&S Director

Lovely place to work

I honestly cannot fault my experience with Designer Contracts.There is a fair appraisal system in place and if you are willing to work hard then you will be greatly rewarded with the bonus structure.There are multiple opportunities to train up and progress into different roles should you wish to do so.There is also a good benefit scheme available which comes in handy at Dentist and optician appointments!!I feel like I belong to a family rather than just a work place which makes it all the more easier to get up and go each morning!

Pros

Friendly staff, great bonus and benefit scheme, opportunity to progress

productive but not a enjoyable experience

overall the company is fair and good to work for, But regional offices there is a element of bullying and back biting something i havent experienced in other companys i have worked for.

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad office atmosfphere

Loved my time

I left DC in March 2020 after 5years and I was absolutely gutted to leave my work family behind me, sobbed like a baby walking out!Let’s be honest, the majority of these reviews are done by people who have left before being pushed or left because they simply couldn’t stand the pace.Obviously we’d all like more money and a bigger salary but I’d say pay is fair and the bonus structure is very generous to say the least.Head Office staff are brilliant and they work ridiculously hard, whilst remaining professional yet keeping their humour and spirits high in a busy office.Funniest thing I’ve read in these reviews was a comment about the CEO, to say the man needs to learn the trade is the stupidest comment I’ve seen in a long time!Expect to work hard, maintain a high standard abs make friends. If you don’t meet expectations you will be told a d given time to improve, if you don’t work hard or put the effort in them you end up on here moaning about how everyone and their dog was against you.

Pros

Bonus structure, pizza days, family feel

24 November 2020
Thank you for your honest review. We wish you well in your new role.HR and H&S Director

Excellent place to work

These poor reviews are clearly from people trying to cause trouble! You are treated well, with decent salary and bonuses on offer, but are expected to work hard....so if you want to have a job where you can skive all day, this isn’t the place for you. It’s all about give and take!I’d recommend DC to anyone

Pros

Bonuses on top of salary

24 November 2020
Thank you for your review.It is really nice to hear some good, honest reviews.Kind RegardsHR and H&S Director

Nice place to work and supportive from majority of Managers

This is my personal experience but in all a good company to work for. This was a nice place to work and a supportive HR Department. I was accommodated really well to make the interview times round my current employer which was nice. The training plan in place is good in principal except I felt like I was unable to ask for help by my direct manager and a member of the team backstabbing me at any opportunity. My managers superior was amazing though and really went out of her way to help me

25 February 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Designer Contracts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement