Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

United Kingdom263 reviews

Found 263 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,114 reviews
dbbankorganisationlondonglobalrolecolleagueinvestment

Competitive and results driven.

Worked in the Asset Management division, and it was obvious that what I did was replicated by others within the group, with an emphasis on "winner stays on".... hence why other teams were downsized when I outperformed them.

Pros

paid extremely well

Cons

my role was special, I travelled a huge amount and spent at least 3 days a week away from home, working from 7am till past 9pm on a regular basis, sometimes past midnight... client facing.

Great work culture and kind people.

I interned there in the technology division and it was amazing. They include you as a part of their team and everyone is so nice. It is obvious they hire on the basis of diversity and how nice of a person you are as well as the smartest people. So I learned so much in a short amount of time. My manager cared a lot even though I was just an intern.

Insights into Deutsche Bank

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Relaxed workplace but strange group dynamic

Very relaxed 9-5 culture but siloed rather than global teams meaning specific locale based teams such as Russia got all the best work.There is a tendency for lone rather than team working.

Pros

Salary can be matched if you get a better offer

Cons

For tech the teams are skewed

Overall good place to work with lot of opportunities to grow.

Good place to work as management listens to staff feedback and try to take timely actions where possible. Bank doesn’t have state of art technology yet so staff often have to fix system related issues manually that some times causes frustration among the staff members.

Pros

Good benefit, Flexibility in working from home or office, Good support for staff mental and physical well-being

Cons

decision and execution of infrastructure change program takes ages.

Deutsche bank is a good place to work. I will recommend to anyone looking to work in a conducive work environment

Nice work place and team collaborative very goodThe bank is a nice place to work and one will learn so much The management is very supportive and always ready to help to move cases forward and complete in good time

Pros

Relaxed and stress free work place

Cons

Salary not adequate

Interesting dept to work for - no two days the same

Enjoy speaking with clients helping to resolve issues and also finish g business solutions which fit both the client and the banks needs. I work in a collaborative team and regularly bounce ideas of each other and provide support to both my immediate colleagues and also those in the wider group.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Long travel into the city

Work doesnot follow pattern

Every day is different.every task is different.Management pulls the team in different ditections.work rotates around sme. Knowledge sharing needs to improve.Teams donot have transperancy.

Pros

Good offices.latest technology.skilled members

Cons

Management should keep away from dev daily tasks

good place to begin and work for long time

I recommend to work here. its a good place and great people you can meet here. I work here for 5 years. Its for sure very dynamic organisation with great professionals.

Run away!!

Completely inefficient and management don’t listen - if you get offered then run away !! Big bank protecting the billionaires and shafting every other person

Cons

Good

Overall, it's a really good place to work. Job security can be a challenge but this is in light of the economic climate. Management has been very supportive and understanding and considerate towards employees.

Varied work in a large organisation.

Current climate is to transform the bank into a new and efficient organisation which manages risk better. Loss making at present but looking to change that.

Pros

Good job security.

Cons

Large and inefficient. Long term employees often unmotivated or obstructive.

Deutsche Bank is a great place to work, it is a fantastic organisation which brings out the best in motivated and driven individuals. One of the best places I have worked.

Great and interesting place to work at

Great people, Fantastic new project and good resources. It was a good company, I learned a lot from AEM and how the bank used these products from Adobe.

Poor corporate culture

The company is undergoing restructuring as such there are a lot of challenges associated with this process which results in a change in a corporate culture

DB is not what it used to be

Deutsche Bank has had its own ups and downs and the current situation in the Bank is far from ideal. It will take this Bank another ten years to turn around

Productive & OK place to work

The place has both pros and cons, it's open plan and you have the chance to talk to senior leadership. The middle management is bulging and lot of competition.

Pros

access to leadership & fairly transparent plans

Cons

Processes are outdated and inadequate

Fast Paced environment

Fast paced working environment with great people to work with. Great location near station with loads of nice lunch restaurants within area. Lovely building location and amazing meeting rooms with historical picture and furniture very nice.

Great People Bad Suppliers

DB is a nice place to work if you need work life balance and flexibility, but expect very demanding workload and expectancy to join meetings on Skype at little or no notice and anytime of the day during Monday to Friday. DB is not for the faint hearted, its a fast pace buzzing atmosphere with lots of energy in the air

Pros

People`

Cons

Useless partners that cannot deliver

Collaborative atmosphere

Fast paced environment, worked with Global market team, on transition programme, supported by tech savvy IT department. A bank going through complex restructuring to position itself for the future

Challenging and Competitive, pockets of excellence

Challenging and Competitive, pockets of excellence good benefits international exposure. multi cultural. very diverse in terms of work opportunities..

Amazing place to work for

Amazing place to work for. New learning everyday. Because of the size of the organisation, a lot of collaboration is needed with different teams, which helps you learn the art of influencing and negotiating along with technical skills, new processes, frameworks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement