Devon Doctors
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Devon Doctors Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

managementcompanyjobworkpaytimepeoplesupport

Low pay, stressful job & severe lack of staff at busy times.

A low retention & lack of staff especially during the busiest time for the business puts pressure and stress on the few staff that are working. Very low morale is a result.

Cons

Stressful job with low pay, especially for the responsibility that the role of Health Advisor requires.

28 June 2022
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

Great place to work, inclusive, supportive team, would recommend. Flexible and remote working options as well as onsite if you prefer. Every day is different.

Insights into Devon Doctors

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Stressful and very poor retention

At Devon doctors the pay does not represent the role what so ever. Such a stressful and demanding job paying minimum wage. Staff retention is very poor with the remaining health advisors being left to pick up everything. Too many managers so there’s lots of crossed wires but they are helpful.

Never again!

Worst job I’ve ever had - under appreciated, under staffed, too many managers, no communication, computer led system that belongs on a certain comedy sketch show, no support, hr dept a complete joke - need I go on!

Pros

Most colleagues are amazing!

Cons

Long hours, abusive phone calls, no support

Wouldn't recommend

Please think twice when applying.Very slow recruitment process.Depending on the service, training is terrible.Not enough staff, more leave than join.No appreciation

Pros

Nhs pension

Cons

Unsupported, terrible communication, senior management distant from real purpose of service.

26 April 2022

Nice people

Other staff mates are lovely but management unorganised. Rota team unorganised. All areas lake of communication.The organisation has its best interest at heart but they take on more then they can handle. Leaving a lot of staff stressed due to lake of support and things not planned right for the day.

26 April 2022
We're disappointed to hear you role left you feeling stressed and unsupported.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

So rewarding

Loved working here, met some amazing people and always felt productive by advising each caller what their best next steps would be. Can be stressful; lots of responsibility.

22 February 2022
Thank you for your kind words.We're glad to hear you have fond memories of Devon Doctors and hope you're enjoying whatever it is you're doing now.

How these people are allowed to run a company is beyond me.

Worked there for sometime and loved speaking to the callers, most of the time but the fear level and lack of people management skills was beyond belief. Appalling pay for call cente staff and they are treated as well as they are paid. If you are not a clinician or GP don't even think about it. I worked with people with management experience, teachers, trainers, nurses etc on the phone but if you weren't NHS you weren't worth wiping your feet on. Nasty place and CQC don't know the half of it. The response to the feedback just about says it all. Cut and paste the same thing cos they don't actually give a monkeys. This is coming from someone who has worked in customer services for more than 10 years, managed teams and taught management at degree level so I do know what I am talking about.

Pros

Free drinks, there's so few staff you can do O/T to make it up to a normal wage, Some of the callers I helped will stay with me, at least hey valued me.

Cons

Management structures, trainers, team leaders.

22 February 2022
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.Whatever you might think, we want all our staff to feel appreciated and valued and our disappointed to hear that wasn't your experience.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

Pros and cons

Cons- Very fast paced and stressful. Hardly any breaks (only a few minutes other than lunch break) no work life balance and low pay for the nature and stress of the job (other regions are seen to get paid higher)Pros - coworkers are amazing

22 February 2022
While we're delighted to hear you got on so well with your co-workers, we're disappointed to learn there were other aspects of the job you weren't so keen on.With your former colleagues in mind, if you have any thoughts as to how we might do things differently, we'd welcome your suggestions via ddooh.communications@nhs.net.Thank you.

Shocking out sourced company!!

By far the worst most unsupportive company to work for, they let me go through my whole training and even let me go live on the phones to then terminate my contract right before Christmas because I had a conviction on my dbs from 10 years ago, absolutely disgusted! No support what so ever!!

Pros

One or two friendly team leaders

Cons

No support network Poor pay

Caring and supportive

I came from a very corporate environment to Devon Doctors a year ago. I was amazed by the benefits and perks and that they provide free drinks and regularly surprise staff with extra treats and tokens of appreciation give staff. They really undersell that when you apply but it's so lovely. You really are on the front line speaking directly to patients. People from all walks of life call in and some really are very sick. Helping them feels great and every day I leave work feeling like I have made a real difference to people. Recently I was diagnosed with a medical condition and they have been fantastic supporting me through it. My manager has been great. I was really worried that I would lose my job but they have been really supportive and made changes for me so I can carry on working. I am so relieved that I haven't needed to worry about work.I can't thank them enough. I am very proud to work for Devon Doctors

Pros

Support, benefits, treats!

Shocking

No training and bad leadership avoid at all cost and cqc are due to teach them a lesson about time to avoid working here and run for the hills don’t let them fool u

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad leadership and poor training

stressed

busy and stressful. some of the callers can be verbally abusive. always have to be conscious about how many calls are queuing - sometimes not enough time to give the callers what I feel they need. Difficult to not give common sense advice - have to adhere to the written script. Sometimes it is difficult to get help when everyone is busy, and not sure who can help.

Pros

free coffee and tea.

Cons

stressful environment.

20 October 2020

Poor Management

An out of hour service but never and management after 5pm . Far to many chief's and no where near enough indians . No support at all . Very unpleasant environment

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No leadership, no support, unpleasant environment

20 October 2020
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.Devon Doctors values all its employees and is committed to cultivating a happy and pleasant working environment.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

Dreadful

The job itself is very interesting and the software is very smart and the training we received was impeccable. I cannot say I worked with a nasty person at all, however, there is a constant underlying fear of being fired and each person is out for him or herself and would stab someone in the back if it meant remaining in favour with the powers that be. I was very disappointed with the way things worked on the floor. There are team "leaders" who are inconsistent in their decisions, have their favourites and generally bully the staff. They do not hesitate to show them up in front of their colleagues. They treat the staff like dirt and if your face does not fit, they will do all they can to get rid of you. As big a problem as the team "leaders" are long-standing staff (in the same role as call advisers) who have an air of superiority about them. They will constantly slag management and other staff off, but speak with forked tongues and act like snitches to management. If you are a favourite, you can move up the ranks reasonably quickly and you probably won't even have a call audited. However, if you are not in the clique, they will do everything they can to find fault in everything you do and will work you out of the business. I was there for 6 months and I saw no fewer than 11 staff leave, mostly let go. I am only glad I was not there during the COVID-19 pandemic! From what I have heard from people who still work there, it was very messy and badly organised with very little support. NHS 111 is an outstanding service, but the incompetence and politics at the -

Pros

Parking, Tea and coffee

13 July 2020

Not the same company it was

Used to be brilliant with caring compassionate management but sadly no more. So much change even during covid to cope with and ever more restructuring going on. The job role changes daily with more and more added to an already stressful role. No consultation first, so many off sick or leaving it’s a joke, lots seeking other employment. more pressure and jobs heaped on you.

Pros

Free refreshments and parking

Cons

To many to mention

Devon Doctors at Taunton

Never worked for such a disrespectful company. They will take you through the agency and let you go as soon as you ask about the contract with no explanation. Management is a joke. You devote your time and energy to work there -you work almost all weekends ( had to argue to get one weekend out of 4) and get nothing in If I could I would leave 0 stars

13 July 2020
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.Devon Doctors values all its agency staff and is committed to cultivating a happy and pleasant working environment.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

They aren't 'putting patients first' and certainly aren't looking after staff

A really horrible culture has developed, prompted by awful management who really don't care about frontline staff. Huge lack of communication and engagement from management about any changes and staff don't get adequate training. Often feels like there is a lack of clinical and manager support. Top heavy middle management. No personal development opportunities. Given lots more responsibility for no more pay. Vast majority of staff are agency so just don't care. Wouldn't recommend.

Interesting

Never dull, Friendy staff. Can be challenging and difficult but the job is very intresting. The staff make the day better as you are in a close knit with them.

Poorly managed

Lack of communication, disorganised and inappropriate behaviour. Long standing employees bad mouth the company on your first day, people are friendly but don’t have anything positive to say. Colleagues use inappropriate behaviour and language with each other and about each other. Lack of communication from management and slow processes makes it hard to get enthusiastic about the job.

Wouldn't bother.

Awful company to work for. I wouldn't advise anyone with a family to work there. The most uncaring management. Unprofessional staff for the job in hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Doctors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement