Devon Doctors

Devon Doctors Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews

Insights into Devon Doctors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Poor Management

An out of hour service but never and management after 5pm . Far to many chief's and no where near enough indians . No support at all . Very unpleasant environment

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No leadership, no support, unpleasant environment

20 October 2020
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.Devon Doctors values all its employees and is committed to cultivating a happy and pleasant working environment.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

Shocking out sourced company!!

By far the worst most unsupportive company to work for, they let me go through my whole training and even let me go live on the phones to then terminate my contract right before Christmas because I had a conviction on my dbs from 10 years ago, absolutely disgusted! No support what so ever!!

Pros

One or two friendly team leaders

Cons

No support network Poor pay

Caring and supportive

I came from a very corporate environment to Devon Doctors a year ago. I was amazed by the benefits and perks and that they provide free drinks and regularly surprise staff with extra treats and tokens of appreciation give staff. They really undersell that when you apply but it's so lovely. You really are on the front line speaking directly to patients. People from all walks of life call in and some really are very sick. Helping them feels great and every day I leave work feeling like I have made a real difference to people. Recently I was diagnosed with a medical condition and they have been fantastic supporting me through it. My manager has been great. I was really worried that I would lose my job but they have been really supportive and made changes for me so I can carry on working. I am so relieved that I haven't needed to worry about work.I can't thank them enough. I am very proud to work for Devon Doctors

Pros

Support, benefits, treats!

Shocking

No training and bad leadership avoid at all cost and cqc are due to teach them a lesson about time to avoid working here and run for the hills don’t let them fool u

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad leadership and poor training

stressed

busy and stressful. some of the callers can be verbally abusive. always have to be conscious about how many calls are queuing - sometimes not enough time to give the callers what I feel they need. Difficult to not give common sense advice - have to adhere to the written script. Sometimes it is difficult to get help when everyone is busy, and not sure who can help.

Pros

free coffee and tea.

Cons

stressful environment.

20 October 2020
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

Dreadful

The job itself is very interesting and the software is very smart and the training we received was impeccable. I cannot say I worked with a nasty person at all, however, there is a constant underlying fear of being fired and each person is out for him or herself and would stab someone in the back if it meant remaining in favour with the powers that be. I was very disappointed with the way things worked on the floor. There are team "leaders" who are inconsistent in their decisions, have their favourites and generally bully the staff. They do not hesitate to show them up in front of their colleagues. They treat the staff like dirt and if your face does not fit, they will do all they can to get rid of you. As big a problem as the team "leaders" are long-standing staff (in the same role as call advisers) who have an air of superiority about them. They will constantly slag management and other staff off, but speak with forked tongues and act like snitches to management. If you are a favourite, you can move up the ranks reasonably quickly and you probably won't even have a call audited. However, if you are not in the clique, they will do everything they can to find fault in everything you do and will work you out of the business. I was there for 6 months and I saw no fewer than 11 staff leave, mostly let go. I am only glad I was not there during the COVID-19 pandemic! From what I have heard from people who still work there, it was very messy and badly organised with very little support. NHS 111 is an outstanding service, but the incompetence and politics at the -

Pros

Parking, Tea and coffee

13 July 2020

Not the same company it was

Used to be brilliant with caring compassionate management but sadly no more. So much change even during covid to cope with and ever more restructuring going on. The job role changes daily with more and more added to an already stressful role. No consultation first, so many off sick or leaving it’s a joke, lots seeking other employment. more pressure and jobs heaped on you.

Pros

Free refreshments and parking

Cons

To many to mention

Devon Doctors at Taunton

Never worked for such a disrespectful company. They will take you through the agency and let you go as soon as you ask about the contract with no explanation. Management is a joke. You devote your time and energy to work there -you work almost all weekends ( had to argue to get one weekend out of 4) and get nothing in If I could I would leave 0 stars

13 July 2020
We're disappointed to hear you feel this way.Devon Doctors values all its agency staff and is committed to cultivating a happy and pleasant working environment.With that in mind, we'd encourage you to contact us, at ddooh.communications@nhs.net, in order that we can look into the concerns you've raised and see if there's any learning we can take from them.Thank you.

They aren't 'putting patients first' and certainly aren't looking after staff

A really horrible culture has developed, prompted by awful management who really don't care about frontline staff. Huge lack of communication and engagement from management about any changes and staff don't get adequate training. Often feels like there is a lack of clinical and manager support. Top heavy middle management. No personal development opportunities. Given lots more responsibility for no more pay. Vast majority of staff are agency so just don't care. Wouldn't recommend.

Interesting

Never dull, Friendy staff. Can be challenging and difficult but the job is very intresting. The staff make the day better as you are in a close knit with them.

Poorly managed

Lack of communication, disorganised and inappropriate behaviour. Long standing employees bad mouth the company on your first day, people are friendly but don’t have anything positive to say. Colleagues use inappropriate behaviour and language with each other and about each other. Lack of communication from management and slow processes makes it hard to get enthusiastic about the job.

Wouldn't bother.

Awful company to work for. I wouldn't advise anyone with a family to work there. The most uncaring management. Unprofessional staff for the job in hand.

Poor

Poor middle management. Unsupportive, ruthless, bullies. Poor pay for a huge responsibility. Poor training and support. I worked hard for this company, over and beyond and was good but let go on a whim without on opportunity of defending myself. I saw it happen to so many people while I was there, nearly thirty staff gone in 8 months. Never thought it would happen to me - very poor

a job of 2 halves, early week quiest a boaring friday - sunday manic

It was a new role and things did not happen that were promised at that time. The job early week could be very quiet at that time, the end of the week and weekends it was manic. I moved on as I needed a permanent job.

Productive and welcoming workplace

It has been great working with Devon Doctors but the recent environment doesn't suit my work attitude and personality, all my colleagues have been a huge help with my workday and make the job a pleasure.

Devon Doctors

Devon Doctors provide an out of hours GP service which used to be a incredible service providing healthcare for thousands of patients, but in recent years seems to have almost collapsed that reputation by not caring for their employees and poor management style as they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing, the hours are very unsociable and the pay is awful for the responsibility that comes with it, the communication from management to staff is dire as in things could change and you wouldn't find out until the day of the change with no training on the things that have been changed. that being said the job is enjoyable and I do love it although the company is a complete shambles the people you get to work with are amazing everyone is really friendly and welcoming, training is provided. the hardest part of the job is the uncertainty whether or not knowing if your job is safe.

Great place to work!

Having worked for Devon Doctors for more than 12 years, I have seen many positive changes as the company has grown. Management and the Directorate are extremely supportive, with investment in capable individuals who look for development and progression given. Staff are kind and supportive of each other (I have made some close friends for life), with an overarching passion to provide the best possible care to patients, in line with the organisation’s ethos of Putting Patients First. Prior to working for Devon Doctors I’d been employed in several different work settings, and can honestly say that this is by far the most professional, caring and honest company I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of. I am proud to say that I work for the not-for-profit Social Enterprise, Devon Doctors.

Pros

Great work/life balance, friendly and supportive management and peers, ethically driven and care-focused organisation

Cons

N/a

Don't believe the hype!

Used to be a great place to work but not these days. Pursuit of profit has become pretty much the only thing that matters with long-serving employees treated with disdain. Morale among staff falling off a cliff.

Pros

Most employees are compassionate and caring.

Cons

Long hours, little or no appreciation from senior managers, appalling communications and empty promises.

Ethical company, supporting local community

Brilliant to work for. Bonuses paid to all staff whenever a surplus is available, but also balancing not for profit, with funds reinvested into the service and the local community supporting local projects and the environment. Staff given free time off to support worthy causes and charities. Other benefits which are brilliant include the annual leave and pension packages.

Pros

Staff benefits and pension

Cons

Many roles are out of hours not in hours (9-5)

Great employer

Devon Doctors is a great place to work. The people you work with are among the best in healthcare. Everyone is driven to make a a difference and believes in putting patients first. The work is diverse, and there's never a shortage of projects to get involved in. I would recommend them to anyone. They have a unique culture which is both relaxed and supportive. What they do really well is recognise talent and there is always opportunity for people who want to take it.

Pros

Management havent got a clue

Worked for this company over 10 years, no loyalty to staff and managers have no idea on how to manage. If you fit in then managers like you, question them and they witch hunt you. To get the new contract they made redundancies and put everyone from 40 hours a week contracts to 24 hours over 3 weeks. Directors didn't take a pay cut though.

Pros

Sick pay

Cons

Managers useless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Devon Doctors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.4Job security/advancement

Compare Devon Doctors with

Devon Doctors Reviews by Location

• Devon Doctors
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?