Devon Partnership NHS Trust

Devon Partnership NHS Trust Employee Reviews for Administrator

Featured review
Devon Partnership NHS Trust selected this as a representative review
I have worked for DPT in a variety of posts since its beginning. I feel valued and supported and have had many opportunities to develop professionally. DPT is a large organisation and therefore can offer both posts in various specialties and career progression. I have taken advantage of both of these opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting individuals with mental health issues to work towards their own recovery and independence. The most challenging part of the job is sometimes working with individuals who are very unwell and can present with some challenging behaviours
Pros
Positive culture
I have worked for DPT for 12 months and I'm based at Secure Services in Dawlish. It's fast-paced (which I enjoy), and my colleagues have become firm-friends. It is hard work but I have a real sense that I'm playing some part in improving the lives of people with mental health and learning disability challenges - and that sense of fulfillment is not something too many jobs can give you.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
You need to feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Couldn’t recommend working for DPT more. Management are super helpful and supportive, especially during these times where things are tricky. Felt very welcomed into the team and can see myself working for them for the foreseeable. Working for the NHS has so many benefits I didn’t know about before I started, and they are by far the best employer I’ve worked for ! Very fair salary too.
Bullying from management is rife and apparently acceptable in the trust. The majority of their improvements are tick box exercises and are just hollow promises. I wish I didn’t bother.
Pros
Some supportive colleagues.
Cons
Be on your guard for manipulation.
After enduring bullying in the workplace by line management and former colleagues it left me ill. HR didn’t want to know or care, even after showing pages of evidence. Would not recommend this Trust to work for at all. What’s the point of having unacceptable behaviour policies if staff don’t adhere to them and get away with bullying?
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very bad management and HR
dealing with clients on the busy reception sometimes very difficult individuals. Receiving Telephone calls from sometimes confused upset clients. Dealing with busy referrals line.
Pros
Cons
not permanent
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust?