Devon Partnership NHS Trust

Devon Partnership NHS Trust Employee Reviews for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner

Featured review
Devon Partnership NHS Trust selected this as a representative review
I have worked for DPT in a variety of posts since its beginning. I feel valued and supported and have had many opportunities to develop professionally. DPT is a large organisation and therefore can offer both posts in various specialties and career progression. I have taken advantage of both of these opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting individuals with mental health issues to work towards their own recovery and independence. The most challenging part of the job is sometimes working with individuals who are very unwell and can present with some challenging behaviours
Pros
Positive culture
DPT have some modernising to do to keep up with the time and best utilise their budget, to pay fairly, and encourage progression. But ultimately there are some fantastic employees which are driven and passionate, some fantastic and supportive managers who are mindful of employee needs and are flexible. I would recommend the service to employees and patients, but with the caveat that the system is ultimately flawed, so we have regimented parameters in which we can work within!
Worked as a PWP. Unrealistic targets, no emotional support from management. Due to waiting lists, often worked with patients when not trained to do so. Found this unethical. Limited opportunities to move up the ladder. Great colleagues though.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust?
  1. Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner