Devon Partnership NHS Trust

Devon Partnership NHS Trust Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Featured review
Devon Partnership NHS Trust selected this as a representative review
I have worked for DPT in a variety of posts since its beginning. I feel valued and supported and have had many opportunities to develop professionally. DPT is a large organisation and therefore can offer both posts in various specialties and career progression. I have taken advantage of both of these opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting individuals with mental health issues to work towards their own recovery and independence. The most challenging part of the job is sometimes working with individuals who are very unwell and can present with some challenging behaviours
Pros
Positive culture
Worked for DPT for 21 years, would not recommend a position there, bullying is rife from middle management, extremely high staff turn-over, can be punitive towards staff.
The NHS is good to work for but can be a little frustrating at times. like most things if you work hard the rewards are good. Good holiday entitlement. flexible working.
hardworking environment, I learned to deal with difficult situation under high expectations and stressful and complicate cases and patients. I enjoyed to learn about health and helping people throughout they recovery journey.
Pros
good team support
Cons