DHU Health Care CIC

DHU Health Care CIC Employee Reviews

I had high expectations for working for 111 . I assumed that predominantly the role was assisting patients with medical needs and helping them find solutions especially people that are vulnerable and in urgent need. However this is ultimately a corporate business and nothing more than a call centre focused on targets not patient care. You are sold something that ultimately isn’t realistic. You will be constantly criticised for taking too long on calls (this affects how much they are paid) and also timed for toilet breaks and making a drink. Everything is restricted and staff turnover is alarmingly high !!
Pros
Pay is reasonable if you work evenings and weekends but the day rate is really poor
Cons
Constant shift changes and criticism
I am shocked after seeing such a bad comments about DHU. I have been working there for over 2 years now and got the job without knowing anyone in the company.Surely, it may be stressful from time to time but the only people causing me some stress from time to time are the patients - sometimes their behaviour is horrible but I always remain myself that they need help, no matter what. Second - this just brings major responsibility for human life and health, so if you don't want to learn about it and do your best, this job is not for you then.In regards of the call length, mine is still at around 10 minutes. Some calls are really short, the other ones take ages and nobody will be mad about it. The main thing is to give appropriate outcome for appropriate place as soon as possible, without delaying help and in a safe way. I'm disgusted about negative comments regarding patient's safety, as it is not the case! In fact, every single call is monitored and any major mistakes quickly catched - you won't be able to make them continuously.Maybe because I'm from Poland, this job is so far the best I have ever had before and definitely much better than any previous pharmacy jobs I had, including Lloyds pharmacy.I have never had any problems with any of my colleagues at work and managers are great and never had any issues with them either. I feel appreciated and safe. I come to work with pleasure and smile on my face.We are all facing challenges in the current situation of lockdown and so on, but we should go through it together and I believe we do it great as a company. I'm proud to - more...
Pros
new experience, meeting lots of new people, helping the patients and making the differey
Cons
stress related to the patients
A refreshing change, this employer appreciates all of their people whatever their role. There are many different rotas to choose from with part time to.full time working patterns. Lots of opportunity to do overtime. Premium rates for working evenings. Weekends and Bank Holidays. Nice friendly place to work. I'm proud to work for DHU.
Pros
Good rates of pay lots of overtime available
Cons
Evening, weekend and bank holiday working required
My time at DHU was very rewarding and I leave with a really heavy heart. The role is difficult however the training which is given is very thorough and the people who take you through this process are so supportive and helpful. In terms of management for support is there however it’s also important to remember that if you do need support to ask for it and the help is always there. Also the people who I worked with are absolutely amazing and one of the major things I enjoyed the most and will miss the most.Thank you DHU I really enjoyed my time at the company and the only reason I am moving on is that an opportunity has arisen which I’ve always wanted to do
Pros
Working with a fantastic team and helping people
Cons
Long hours however you know this when applying for the role
Working with 111 offers flexibility in work which is ideal if you have to juggle work with other commitments (study, family, etc). Decent incentives are offered when service is at a particular high demand (e.g. during the peak of the pandemic period or Christmas/New Year’s). Genuine efforts are made by senior staff to boost morale. During special occasions (e.g. Diwali, Eid, Christmas, New/Years) we are given snacks to keep us going and increase motivation. If you are working from the Chesterfield or Johnson site you can choose what hours you wish to work in overtime. Unfortunately, if you are based at Leicester you are limited to 1700-0100 Monday to Friday and 0700-0100 on Saturday to Sunday. However, you can choose to travel to the other sites. Incorrect payment of wages (one needs to calculate wages to ensure right payment is made which can be time consuming). But Finance are willing to rectify issues identified without delays.Most of the managers are wonderfully approachable and supportive. Some though can be very unprofessional (talking negatively about staff openly to other managers/colleagues thereby affecting their perception of staff). They can be condescending and have a tendency to talk down to health advisors. There are no avenues to make complaints without fearing repercussions.
Pros
Excellent pay when there are enhancements, Flexible working hours, Good support after encountering a stressful situation, Potential to move forward in role
Cons
Unprofessionalism in some managers, Pay inaccuracies, Basic pay is quite low for the job we do
This job is for those who are used to fast pace environments, good salary, chances to work towards higher roles e.g becoming a coach/trainer. There is always overtime available. The managers will try to support you as best they can.
The training is tough but supportive it can feel like your on a rollacoster of emotions. It has to be like this to prepare you for the role. Training is split into a few phases you have class room time then test then will see you working 1-2-1 with a coach while you find your feet on live calls then you have time unplugged from your coach this time which is all supported prepares you of the type of calls to expect. There will be alot more further learning of policy and procedure of which you will have full access to if ever uncertain you can easily seek Non Clinical support or clinician support where appropriate. I have found my time with DHU to be rewarding and alot this is from the feeling of doing my best to help others especially when they my not be well or have the ability to help themselves, really don't think you can beat that feeling. "Don't miss understand me some calls at first will challenge you". And you will have good and bad days but always remember you not alone support is there for you. "In my time with DHU I have set my focus on progressing moved form health advisor to coach and soon to commence progression to team manager - Safe to say there are opertunities to progress".
Pros
Training is progressive and supportive - Patient focused
Cons
Enviroment can be fast paced and Challenging
great place to work with a lot of trust placed in it's employees. can be difficult getting clinical advice during busy times but that is understandable. you are mostly left alone to get on with it but if you know your job that is a good thing. help and support is always available. I have never known a company do so much for their employees. They offer counselling after traumatic events such as if you have to give CPR instructions over the phone. They are understanding and patient when it comes to absence. They offer flu jabs every winter as well as other health benefits. Westfield health plan which includes dental and legal advice as well as counselling and more. overtime rates and incentive pay are brilliant
Pros
scope to earn more just by being there
Cons
can't leave your desk much.
Poorly supported and poorly managed. Managers make up lies and get you in trouble so they don’t get in trouble. It’s about targets not patient care. your scored on ambulance dispatch or a+e referrals for example and wait ages for advice. Relentless. If you speak out then you will be targeted for it. If your not sucking up to management then don’t bother going in...go on benefits...much better then putting your self with the mentally draining job
Pros
Cons
As above
Good ethics but not always followed by Management, they tend to be disorganised, job descriptions are wrong and wrong salary for the role they create. easy going and flexible
Has a culture of favouritism and being 'clicky'. Other staff members have been very nice but everyone seem to know management is not what it seems. Management watch you like a hawk and if they don't like you or your face doesn't fit, your working life will be miserable.
Pros
Well sanitised for coronavirus
Cons
Lack of training and support, high expectations
Pros, good overtime rates, most health advisors, clinical leads and other staff pleasant to work with. The job itself is challenging but interesting and varied and I enjoy helping people . Company ethos is good.Cons, it's often impossible to book annual leave, as someone else here has mentioned in a review, any rota changes seem to be a nightmare, so much so I am considering leaving, it's not just about covering shifts, it's about retaining staff too!
wow i have never had such a bad experience once you get the job you will regret theu do not treat people well from the start poor management lack of appropriate communication i would have to use more words than i am able to in here to be able to express my feelings about that place and people only other co-workers are marvellous but they do not stay long-hence rotation at work they must rethink how they treat employees to be able to keep them for long
No flexibility with the off duty at all. They do not care about the staff whatsoever and they micromanage you to within an inch of your life. You are just a number. Very little opportunity to progress. It is an absolute nightmare to get any annual leave booked in as they are always short staffed. You get no pay for the first three sick days, so people are constantly coming in sick and spreading it around to everyone else. The sickness policy is absolutely awful and there is no work life balance. Would not recommend at all, absolutely soul destroying place to work.
Pros
Cons
Apathetic management, terrible sickness policy, high pressure, timed bathroom breaks, constantly short staffed, you'll be treated like a drone.
Working for DHU has been a ache from the start, endless amounts of stress, assessments and hassle. HR are all over the place and we’re losing people’s forms and personal identification documents. Once in it seemed fine but as time goes by you soon become to realise how the place works and the main punchline of it is.... if your face fits you get away with anything! Many of us work tirelessly on long shifts with no break while others just waltz around doing nothing and having their own little socials. Management are incompetent and many don’t have a clue. I’ve had colleagues beside me solve problems that Ops could not. You are literally monitored constantly throughout the day and they are watching your every move! It’s that bad that they even know if your taking a leak or opening the cave! They literally spy on everything you do and will pressure you into meeting ridiculous targets. Targets include minimising how many ambulances you send to patients and A&E to a mere percentage, I tried explaining that if a patient needs this care then they must have that but your assessed on this. Equally you are made to rush calls to meet average call time lengths of around 7 minutes a call despite them quite often being complex calls with complex needs. No personal life can be had and annual leave is always declined, when your ill your pressured to come in either way with no regards to employees health and the possible impact this could have on the patients your assessing as if you miss out on a tiny detail that could be the difference between life and death sometimes but so long as - more...
I hate working here. The workload is constant and stressful and you will be reprimanded if you take more than a couple of minutes between calls unless its quiet (rare). Certain staff members can swan around and do nothing and the managers are fine with it - this place needs better management and not just 'mates'. Only thing part way decent is the pay.
I love working for DHU, great team ethic, flexible work hours, always overtime available, kind management team, great hourly rate. Perfect role while also getting NHS discount benefits too!
If your face fits, your friends or relatives work here, or you're part of the 'in crowd' you'll enjoy working here and have an easy time. For everyone else, buckle up for intense training, constant call handling, and being constantly harassed by the Ops desk about your call times and how long you spend in the toilet. Some people get away with anything, the rest of us not so much.
Very unprofessional management, they treat you like robots, breaks aren’t given in 6 hour shifts even though it’s call after call of people who are shouting and screaming down the phone, if you need help or advice you are waiting minimum 5-10 minutes so the patient has to stay on hold which causes more problems, booking holidays is an issue as it never gets accepted due to ‘staffing’. They don’t care about your personal life nor problems and just want you to do as they say.
Very charismatic CEO who is charming and easy to warm to - a very inspiring persona. Great ethos, very patient centric and still has a strong feel of an NHS organisation.
Used and treated like trash, if you have no future options and your desperate you can give it ago, but be warned your taken for granted and work load is immense and pressure unlike no other.
Pros
Cons
Bad management