Diageo

Diageo Employee Reviews

The company is ok it's the management that is not the site was local that was good for me and ghe didn't do much for people with a disability for years I didn't enjoy going to work but I didn't have a choice
Fun culture and if you are good at what you do you will be noticed. They require excellent soft skills...this isn't an IT firm it is mostly people orientated. Freedom to succeed is one of their values. They don't micro manage but train you with the knowledge to do your job independently.
Pros
Lots of target based benefits and company events are legendary
Cons
Easy to burn the candle at both ends working in the entertainment sector
Best Job Ever making whisky was great work experience Even having to travel to Glasgow all the way from Kilmarnock 60 miles a day but the wage made up for petrol
Pros
Working
Cons
Great hours
it as been a great job choice working within the Diageo department at xpo stressful at times and busy 90% of the time but rewarding at the end of each week
Pros
good team
Cons
Great company and benefits, pension and share scheme are fantastic and majority of people are great to work with. I worked for Diageo in a few roles over 21 years
Pros
Great company and people
Good company, really challenging but rewarding. Proud to be part of the team and interact with experience and knowledgeable people. Fast paced hence a lot of learning.
I left in 2016, and worked in one relatively narrow field of a huge global company, therefore my findings are very personal. It could be a fun place to work - office bar, anyone? - but also I found some fairly ruthlessly ambitious behaviour. You would need to be robust!
Great place to work. Can do better in key training area. Tends to Audit more and train less. varies with the department though. less experienced supervisors
One of the best places to work in and feel really lucky to be part of the Diageo Family.
I worked for Diageo a long time ago and was there for 14 years as they are such a good company to work for and really look after their staff. I worked in various aspects of finance administration and always loved having new challenges in different sections. Diageo give their staff great perks and really take the time to make sure their staff are happy.
Great place to work. Not much bad to say about the place. Staff are very helpful. Very stringent but fair. Pay is really good time off is balanced, quality of life is good
Good culture in Diageo, share benefit is good, slow for change and progression with supply chain. Great brands to be proud to work for in all areas of the Business.
The most interesting part of the jobs is that there is no "typical" day. one day I can be in project meetings, helping colleagues interview new employees, or visiting sites for a potential event, however my first job of the day is to sit and prioritise work dependent on urgency and importance. I have throughout my career at Diageo gained a lot of knowledge, this I believe can be tranferable and utilised in any environment. Deadlines were difficult at times due to various elements, however this allows you to find solutions and pull together. The great people I met along with the great products were amazing to work with.
Working in HR is frustrating Many people have left HR to go on to do better things. You want to do a good job and you do what is asked of you and required but then the goal posts change so often via the HR directors (central in London) its uninspiring and demotivating.
Cons
no interest in early careers.
Got a temporary position with Diageo through a recruitment agency. I was promised by the recruitment agency that Diageo would keep me on. Turns out to be complete lies as Diageo confirmed that my contract would be coming to an end after only 2 months. Now I'm left unemployed once again. Would not recommend.
Great salary. Used to feel very secure when I first started here but they have started giving some roles out to other companies within and on less money. Most managers are really nice to work for and friendly. Depending on your role/shift it can be quite hard work and long hours. Good benefits eg shares, drinks allowance and money off alot of shops.
Avoid Diageo Leven at all costs, the Management all employ there own friends and families., say anything about it, that's you bullied. out the door. This practice makes working in this company, a nightmare, say anything and its straight to the bullying management.(probably every chance someone whose listening to you is a girlfriend/mum/wife/dad etc of the bosses. You will be shocked at how many of the managements families are actually employed there, for being such a company that spouts all these values and ethics all the time. So if were you!!! AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS, promotion goes to family members/as does new jobs etc. SO YOU PROBABLY WONT GET INTO DIAGEO LEVEN ANYWAY!!! (Unless your related to them of course lol)
Pros
Free Tea/Coffee/Good Pay/Drink Allowance
Cons
Nepotism/Bullying/Bad Management
Days at work all well broken up for breaks, shop floor management seems personal and honest, job can be difficult for long stretches on 12 hour shifts particularly although there is a healthy social culture around the workforce.
Work place culture was terrible, but i supposed this is to be expected with larger businesses, there was a blame culture with a focus on looking good and self promotion as opposed to doing good. Most enjoyable part of the job was being exposed to some world leading innovative programs
Money was great but the staff that have been there for a long time are not welcoming. Full of Bullies, and management aren't interested in helping anyone who reports it. It's a very 'Kleeky' place. Wouldn't recommend...
The pay is great. The positions I've had have been challenging at times but worthwhile. Progression proves difficult depending on role location. Excellent share schemes and reasonable pension
  1. Employee reviews