Diamond Facilities Support Limited

Diamond Facilities Support Limited Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional

Don’t work here! They pay peanuts & also take 10hrs per week off you (mon-fri) for travel to and from work. You have to work mega long days to achieve a ok kind of wage.

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Would not recommend

The company has no real structure, I feel bad for the engineers having to call up everyday stating that they are travelling too far or their vans broke down or somethings gone wrongs. The management if they have a problem they won’t take you in the office to tell you, they will come out shouting at you in front if everybody. How can you expect to keep staff from that. It is the most stressful place I have ever worked and there’s no real sense of direction there, doesn’t matter what your skills or experience is everybody is the same there, treatment was bad and I don’t advise anybody to work there. They require some serious changes in the company

Reactive Support

I worked for diamond pre covid and it is the worst place I have ever worked. There is no supply chain, engineers are few and far between they are expected to drive long distances to cover the support work. Management have no real directions. Most people in this company need the pay check or are lacking the confidence to find other employment. The atmosphere is stressful and toxic and it comes from the top. Management do not care about employees wellbeing. Engineers on the road are given vehicles unsuitable. Office staff are expected to support without a reliable supply chain. Looking at check a trade which does no show a good light in providing Goverence to there clients..

Pros

Hard work and challenging but the benefits are worth it

A fast-paced environment with a fascinating variety of work. The team both in the office and out in the field are all hardworking individuals who want the company to succeed and give their all to make this happen. Everyone works to the best of their ability and are rewarded appropriately. Being a relatively small company means we are all a family and look out for each other.I would definitely recommend working for Diamond.

Fast paced environment

I started at Diamond Facilities as a scheduler after having enough of being "on the tools". I soon returned to the tools due to personal reasons. I would travel from site to site carrying out all aspects of drainage works. The company promotes internally and I was promoted to supervisor myself. I am currently now heading up my own department and working my way towards another promotion.

Pros

Pay, hours, support.

Fast paced business environment of a growing company

I was very impressed that the company is very technology driven, with it's process's from enquiry to completion of project.Refreshing that clients are able to view or download all of their documents and certifications from the client portal 24 hours a day.Very professional management structure based on delivering a very high standard of service delivery.

Pros

Staff safety is paramount

Cons

Long hours when required

Well paid for hard work and long hours

Was an electrician there for two years and recently got moved with the contract so probably wouldn’t have left if the contract hadn’t changed hands. Overall I enjoyed my time at diamond it’s a shame that management didn’t realise the quality of some of the staff in the office causing multiple resignations and it was those controllers who really made a lot of my time there enjoyable even when it was hard as they wanted you to do a lot of hours as busy times lead to 80+ hour weeks but was very well paid for doing things like that and did receive a bonus for an exceedingly hard week at the one point. Pay does tend to be an issue there as the system accounts use to track pay leaves something to be desired and did cause a phone call once a month to add on additional callouts that had been missed but this was sorted as I kept track of hours done.

Pros

Call outs are well paid, overtime on tap, most of the office girls wanted to help and it made you want to help them.

Cons

Pay corrections needed each month.

Poor management

What can I say it’s a poorly run business from top management to low level management no one takes responsibility engineers are always to blame for mistakes even if it’s the office pay is constantly wrong and you have to fight for it

Pros

Cons

Always demanding more

Fast paced and Ambitious - a great place for progession

During my time at Diamond Facilities, I been given ample opportunities to build my career and progress by the management and directors who have been supportive in my growth. Starting at the bottom and working my way up. These opportunities have pushed me to be more focused and successful and driven my confidence, which before i joined the company, I was lacking. Whilst it is a fast paced environment I have always been treated respectfully, and rewarded for hard work. I would fully recommend working here if you are ambitious and a hard working person who enjoys being a part of the bigger picture with aspirations to go far.

Productive and good place to work

I find that working for DFS is quite an experience. They promote with in the business. Friendly environment. Support for staff. A good challenge. Fast pace and always on the go.

Pros

People you work with

Fast Paced and Challenging (in a good way)

The Directors at Diamond empower all Senior Management to develop and change process to move with Business requirements. Since coming into the Projects team I have been able to work closely with my team to improve all aspects of the Projects process - this is a work in progress and I can say that I do feel supported and listened to by my up-line Managers. This is a fast paced industry and a certain stress level is always present when striving to achieve goals. The work load is suited to people who thrive under a little bit of pressure. If you enjoy a challenge and a chance to excel then Diamond is a good opportunity. There are many great people working hard towards the success of Diamond. We need more great people with drive and ambition, people who care about the work they do.

Pros

Opportunity/challenge

Cons

Demanding at times

Avoid!!

No structure to this company whatsoever causing needless stress on pretty much all employees. Unless you are absolutely desperate I seriously wouldn't recommend.

18 February 2020
We have won numerous awards in the last 2 years including Best FM UK. We have a Helpdesk Manager, Head of Reactive Service, Compliance Manager, Head of Projects, Head of Finance, National Ops Manager for Drainage, National Ops Manager for Cleaning, Service Manager for Fire - each with their own teams. In the field we have a North Senior Supervisor and a South Senior Supervisor plus Technical Supervisors covering NICEIC/Gas Safe/OFTEC/F-Gas/Drainage/BAFE plus others. Not sure what additional structure is required.

Avoid at ALL costs

If you have ever wanted to experience the worst working environment then apply to work here. Directors couldn't care less about the staff whatsoever. Hence the HUGE turnover in staff. Steer clear

18 February 2020
Its strange that many negative comments all happened within a couple of weeks of each other? We have a turnover of staff in line with the market and our competitors. FM is a fast paced sector where situations can be highly pressurised - we keep clients trading and if we get it wrong we can stop clients trading. Our reputation is one of service excellence. The FM sector isn't for everyone but if you are after a fast paced, exciting environment in a growing and successful business then you are welcomed with open arms. We always recruit from within wherever possible for example an administrator is now heading up the compliance division. Care is a two way thing just as respect is a two way thing. We care hugely for those who join us and operate with a positive can do attitude being loyal and trying their best to provide the level of customer service we need to thrive in a competitive environment. A number of staff have left and then returned, the record being 24 hours!

Steer well clear

Sorry this is so short.Bad company to work for,no compassion for work force treated unfairly by management and puregym managers. Expected to do Electrical and Plumbing work without the qualifications putting the public and myself at great risk .Travel time not paid either 8hour days turned in to 13.30 hours on regular basis

18 February 2020
We haven't worked for Pure Gym since April 2019 so unsure how Pure Gym has been entered as an issue in January 2020? We expect everyone to do their jobs to the best of their ability and to care for our clients as much as we do. Everyone is treated fairly. Only those engineers joining as 'Multi-skilled' will be expected to pick up multiple trades as detailed through their CV's and interviews. An engineer recently left and was back within 48 hours, a number of engineers have been with us now for over 9 years - if we treated engineers poorly and with no compassion I'm sure they would have left by now.

Poor

they will use and abuse you some so possibly can they make sure they get the pennies worth out of you if you don't finish job because you're at a time you're meant to get back there and get working for it a warning it's the worst coming out everywhere at 4for

Approachable employers

The management are approachable and can be reached any time if you have a problem their rate of pay is good. Worked with the company several years and in my experience I rate the company highly

Employment review

A day starts as a mobile multi skilled engineer by opening the works Job app on mobile. Daily jobs are logged and signing time sheets etc. Then drive from my place of residence once I have signed the time sheet on the app “start work”. On this app all driving habits are recorded speed etc. Once we have arrived at the first job the app is then used to complete the risk assessment before work can commence. When job is completed the app is used to log photos and other necessary information regarding that job. The site manager then is approached to sign the completion pages. Then I will open the next job logged and then log “end work” time sheet . Before setting off log start work on my p. At the end of my day when I reach my residence I will the log “end work” on app. Whilst busy on a particular job if materials are required to complete the task at hand. The company has a few suppliers that we can either buy from “off shelf” or order if necessary. This then would be logged on the app when necessary. Controllers can be contacted by phone or email if needed. We have been issued a van and petrol cards plus maintenance company cards and a break down card.

Pros

Having a job.

Cons

Not paying work travel time according to law!.

Work Hard Play Hard

I've been working at Diamond FS for 3 years now, and can honestly say i have never looked back. They have a unique way of working, and i really enjoy this. Diamond are based in Birmingham at Birmingham Business Park, so is ideal to travel to and from. The staff and SMT team are very friendly and everyone gets on really well and they all work together as a team.

Friendly staff & management team Everyone works as a team Overtime available if i want it Work hard & you get rewarded Family run company Clean & well looked after vans Yearly Christmas Party

Pros

Great employees

Cons

very bad company supervisor fiddlshis timesheet but the sack others for making a mistake come on

the company sends electrician's to paint doors sends you to Manchester then to a York postcode but it is in Scarborough not idea of where any where is

18 February 2020
Anyone found to fiddle time sheets would be dealt with as per company policy. All time sheets are digital and vans tracked to aid with service and customer updates and so to fiddle the time sheet would be very difficult to achieve. We need field engineers and office staff to work as a team and so engineers can help controllers and if there is an issue with scheduling a call to the office supervisor would resolve. Everyone make s mistakes from time to time and sometimes controllers are new to the role and need to learn the ropes and engineers skill sets. Some electricians are multi-skilled and can pick up pretty much most trades. The automated system also helps with scheduling and job logging so its isn't a fully manual process anymore.

very long hours with no benefits

exceeding 12 hour days plus travel around the country. A typical day would be to get up between 5 and 6am travel between 3 and 4 hours to get to the desired location and then to work an 8 hour shift then drive home.

Pros

some free car parking

Cons

excessive driving unpaid.

18 February 2020
This dates back to 2016 when we were a much smaller business with significantly less staff. If we operated in this manner we would not still be in existence. We have 5 regions across the country and engineers are expected to work within their regions. The Out of Hours rota may require cross region working to ensure emergencies are hit and clients are kept trading. Many engineers have been with us for 9 years now so we must be doing something right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Facilities Support Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8