Diamond Light Source

Diamond Light Source Employee Reviews

I worked at diamond light source for 2 years I loved every minute of the job the people and the surroundings. work load sometimes good be very stressful but all in all a very good place to work!
For a young student entering the workplace, Diamond Light Source made sure I felt welcome during my two week stay. During the two weeks I was taught about IT security which I felt I left with a reasonable amount of knowledge about.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Long travelling distance
Diamond is a great place to work! You get all sort of benefits that in a private company you couldn't even dream about. Here there is a chance to learn something new every single day, you can learn from experienced engineers, scientists, PhD physicists, highly qualified technical staff and more. There is a career plan that allows you to develop yourself further. Diamond invest a lot of money in training its employees and encourages you to keep learning new skills! One of the best aspects of this company is the people you work with on a daily basis as everyone here is happy and eager to help you by sharing their years of experience with you without hesitation, strengthening your knowledge in a much faster pace than in a private company. On top of that, a very generous pension scheme that is way better than any other company out there makes a big difference when it comes to compare the salaries.
Pros
People, personal development, learning opportunities, great work environment
Cons
Everything needs a bit of time to accomplish, but it gets done sooner or later!
Diamond is a great place to work, but managers are typical of science institutions where they've been promoted to a high management grade on the basis of scientific exploits. No mentoring, development and poor on boarding process.
relies too much on people not leaving because no one wants to lose the final salary-ish pension.the backlash is that there are lots of uninspired people.