Dignity

Dignity Management reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear

depends what branch

9-5 with on call can be out at any time staff are really good and it can be an enjoyable job management are fair really enjoyable job with job satisfaction

Not a good team od people

Training is non existant and if your face does not fit, they find an excuse to out you.. DO NOT GIVE UP A JOB TO WORK FOR DIGNITY... Very clicky staff and very two faced about other staff members and outside people.. BE WARNED

Insights into Dignity

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment

Shambles of a company

Two restructures in 2 years because the company just can’t get it right.They don’t care about their people and if someone in power decides they don’t like you, you may as well resign now as it’s a closed door club and your days are numbered.Never have I been so poorly treated by anyone let alone a so called professional company.

Cons

Treatment, pay, level of respect

Poor management

Poor management. Limited / minimal training. Culture is to always have employees on edge, with no attempt to improve teamwork. Lots of effort put in by staff doing their job to plan the days diary, only for management to change everything to suit themselves regardless to the knock on effects for others.

Cons

Long hours when on call

Work collegues very good, Management not up to standard for this office and this type of work.

Work mates on the lower grade great!!! Management for this office and type of work not up to standard. No organistation., but could be a great place to work, just need to replaced the area women management. don,t like the staff if she not recruited them.

Cons

NO Lunch Breaks and long hours

Challenging job but very rewarding.

I worked here for a year and a half before furthering my career requiring me to go university. The management team were fantastic and supported me with all choices I had made. They were supportive and very understanding when situations where's hard and needing another member of staff to step in. All the branches are clean and well kept, all the staff are dressed very smart keeping inline with being professional. The job is very challenging but it is rewarding. The job satisfaction you can achieve from this job is like no other. Dignity itself is a very well run company and wouldn't hesitate to work for them again!

productive and fun workplace

My day starts with the usual office cleaning services which the company provides. I learn that it’s important not to ‘overlook’ any confidential paperwork or documents and also that different cleaning techniques use different methods. The management are supportive and helpful and as part of a team I find that if I require any assistance my colleagues are always there to lend a hand. The culture is one of helpfulness, my colleagues are always on hand and the team work makes the task easier. Due to be workplace being at a Funeral Directors, obviously the hardest part of the day is trying not to become too emotional when working near to the ‘holding’ area where those who have ‘passed’ are kept. Working as part of a team and knowing that there is always someone who can and does have time to help out with whatever assistance is needed

Hard but rewarding job.

A typical day at work involves dealing with health care professionals,assisting the service users in housework, buying shopping, going to appointments, arranging trips out, preparing and cooking meals.Writing daily reports and compiling person centred care plans, risk assessments, etc.Communicating with other team members.Supporting service users in paying utility bills, etc.As the homes that I work in are Domicillary Care houses I work alone but have contact with other team members at Staff meetings and during handover time where applicable.As a team we all complete regular training in Basic food hygiene, Fire safety, Basic emergency aid, Medication administration, Health and Safety at work training and several other work related training courses.We have only minimal contact with management, but receive regular memo's and phone calls to let us know any information we need and we can contact them with any queries.Direct line of management attend our regular staff meetings.We also have regular supervision meetings with our direct line assistant manager.The hardest part of the job is the long and unsociable hours. An example of a normal shift pattern is as follows-: Tuesday 3pm - 10pm and sleeping in duty, Wednesday 8am - 10pm and sleeping in duty, Thursday 8am - 10am shift and then coming back again for a 5pm - 10pm and sleeping in duty for the remainder of Thursday.Saturday 5pm - 10pm and sleeping in duty, Sunday 3pm - 10pm and sleeping in duty. This does not even include any overtime you are asked to do.As can be appreciated these hours do not give people much chance -

Pros

job satisfaction.

Cons

long and unsociable hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Dignity with

• Dignity
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?