Dignity

United Kingdom16 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

fun workplace

work hard and get all the jobs done on time customer service learn all tasks that apply in that work place making sure the day runs smoothly smiling and enjoying the job

Pros

hiting your targets

Cons

things taking longer then expected

Poor management

Poor management. Limited / minimal training. Culture is to always have employees on edge, with no attempt to improve teamwork. Lots of effort put in by staff doing their job to plan the days diary, only for management to change everything to suit themselves regardless to the knock on effects for others.

Cons

Long hours when on call

Insights into Dignity

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment

A large bereavement services company

I spent 21 years working for Dignity and during that time I carried out a variety of different roles which shows the opportunity for progression. I was supported to further my education. The hardest part of the job is constantly assisting people who are at their most vulnerable and it can feel very sad. This is also the best part of the job if this is where your skills and interests lie.

Pros

Assisting the bereaved

Cons

Work collegues very good, Management not up to standard for this office and this type of work.

Work mates on the lower grade great!!! Management for this office and type of work not up to standard. No organistation., but could be a great place to work, just need to replaced the area women management. don,t like the staff if she not recruited them.

Cons

NO Lunch Breaks and long hours

Challenging job but very rewarding.

I worked here for a year and a half before furthering my career requiring me to go university. The management team were fantastic and supported me with all choices I had made. They were supportive and very understanding when situations where's hard and needing another member of staff to step in. All the branches are clean and well kept, all the staff are dressed very smart keeping inline with being professional. The job is very challenging but it is rewarding. The job satisfaction you can achieve from this job is like no other. Dignity itself is a very well run company and wouldn't hesitate to work for them again!

Great place to work.

Great Experience learnt a lot and gained confidence in having to deal with difficult situations,lovely help full people to work for,the hardest part was trying to switch off and not bring the work home,the most enjoyable was knowing you had made life easier for families and helped them get through a difficult time.

Cons

working alone a lot of the time.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dignity?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Dignity with

• Dignity
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?