Diligenta

Diligenta Employee Reviews

United Kingdom175 reviews

centreprogressionpensionprogressrolenumbsupporttraining

Met some nice people

Less than productive training program. Met some nice people but felt very disposable. Coaches aren’t exactly passionate about teaching new staff, feels more like a chore than something they enjoy doing

Pros

On site coffee shop

Cons

Cut throat organisation

Worst company ever

This has got to be the most unprofessional and horrific company in the world. Terrible training, awful management structure, no care for employee well being, timed to the second breaks, scrutinised for absolutely everything and anything, breathe wrong and you’ll get moaned at. If you care for your metal health, then DO NOT work here. Salary is okay, however refused pay rises are common and progression is practically non existent

Pros

I’ve left now

Cons

Absolutely everything

Insights into Diligenta

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Great teams and supportive management

Sadly it was just distance since moving away from my work place coupled with being a new mum that made me leave. Loved my team and managers. Holiday themed events always fun and plenty of office cake charity events going on.Didn't really see much opportunity to advance career wise while being on the call centre side, a boost in pay was welcomed based on colleague reviews. They pay relatively fairly depending on performance, not as good as some other companies in the same field but also not terrible.Sadly for me, part time wasn't part time enough as on the phones there is no weekend working available as they run Mon to Fri 8am-5pm - great for a 9-5r, but when you have a child not great. If they had offered 100% remote working I would have stayed as loved my team. However that said the IT support desk is abysmal I was left for months with severe IT issues during pandemic, it was shocking. (they may have improved on this front since returning to a more normal work balance) shouldn't let that deter you from trying them!

Poor benefits

pay and benefits not competitive when compared with other companies in the same field. Working from home is good but the pay and rewards are terrible to be honest.

Wouldn’t recommend working here to my worst enemy

It started off like any other job but payroll have struggled to pay me the correct amounts since the start of my contract. Often times my wages are days (sometimes weeks) late too. This paired with the stressful environment makes it the worst job I’ve ever had.

Cons

Fun place if you are with the right team.

Terrible management, most times the people they hire as manager don’t have a clue about the product and how to go about thing. Some of them are bossy and have no respect for the people they manage.

Toxic micromanagement

The job is hard and stressful, there’s a huge amount of information to take in and it’s hard to pass initial spot checks. They micromanage every second of your day, down to making people explain why they’ve used the toilet (no dignity). Don’t dare be a second late on your break but you are just expected to stay late most days because you have to take calls up until finish time and some calls can take 25mins plus. The systems are terrible and actively working against you and then you are given a target lower then the time it takes to deal with most of the calls, but don’t dare miss anything off. You just can’t win. It’s impossible, so people either leave or don’t pass probation, and then because they’re short staffed they say you have to do the calls even quicker, creating a vicious circle. There’s no reward for those that put up with this. The only positive is you make good friends.

I don’t recommend this job even to my worst enemy!

You get to work less than 7 hours because of two middle breaks and lunch break but you cannot be away more than one minute extra that supervisors are texting you! People call you and cry on the phone because they can’t pay their parents/family funeral because the company take more than 100 working day to pay out a policy. The management is very poor, they don’t help you at all even if you have a difficult call and you asked to take the call over, they don’t care. You can grown (I never think to do it anyway) in the company only if you know someone. If your shift is until 5pm and you get a call few minutes before, you need to stay until the call is finished. You need to book holidays like a year in advance. It’s a really bad job, don’t do it don’t apply and save your mental health.

Pros

Monday to Friday and back holidays

Horrible place to work

Worst place to work no support in place at all. 2 offices I know of craigforth and reading doing the exact same job but craigforth get a bonus every three months and reading don’t. The craigforth team are favourited more than the reading team. Being signed off work for mental health- the job playing a HUGE part in that and given a formal warning for taking that time off. No support for mental health just expected to do your job and 20 other jobs at the same time. Gave 4% pay rise that was supposed to be backdated for 7 months but last minutes decided they didn’t want to back date it for people that have had more than 3 days off in the year. Hate the company would never go back and would highly advise no one to join it’s a waste of time and not worth your mental health

Pros

Manager is the only nice person there

Cons

Everything else

Awful

No support from managers, I stayed for 4 years only because I liked my colleagues. The job itself I originally was recruited for was ok but you are thrown into so many different projects and responsibilities etc even if you are already struggling with your own workload. The worst place I have ever worked, cannot stress enough how bad this place was.

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience. If you want to take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area within Diligenta. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly.

Boring Workplace

Boring job rude customers avoid!Recruitment agency always on your back for payslips etc.what you are taught in classroom is completely different to real calls, you feel stupid because you feel like you should know what you are doing but have not been trained properly.

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience. If you can take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area within Diligenta. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly.

Mind numbing

Maybe worth it if you really want to work in financial services and see this as an opportunity to work your way up, but I’d imagine there are better ways in to that. As a job itself though, the only thing that kept me going was knowing I was personally only working there as a stopgap. In general the majority of calls that you have to deal with are either things that could have been done in their online account so very repetitive (reading information off the computer), or dealing with the fallout of inefficient/inadequate processing systems; errors and language barriers from the back office administrators. Not at all a fulfilling or mentally stimulating way to spend 8 hours of your day.

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience. If you’d like to take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area within Diligenta. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly.

Worse place I’ve ever worked

Seriously the worse place you could ever work. New team leaders didn’t get training and threw in the deep end; one rule for one, terrible break/dinner times. Definitely seen as a number and not an employee. Was offered a 2 or 3% pay rise due to inflation, when that was declined a further offer with sick pay (where they should already have it) to previous members of staff who didn’t have that was offered & declined again. People have been working there for 40+ years and are on less than someone there for 6 months, terrible place of work, wouldn’t recommend.

Cons

98% of the job

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you’re not enjoying the role. If you can take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area in confidence. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly. We aim to provide a competitive package across all roles and locations, taking into consideration skills, experience levels and the current market.

The worst company to work for

I would never recommend working for this company. Zero support from managers/coaches - you’re often left alone to deal with difficult cases, don’t even bother to accept being trained on different products - you’ll get little to no support (again) with no pay rise. Everyone’s focused on quantity rather than quality so if you take a bit more time with a particular case you’ll be asked “is everything okay?” “why your call times are so long?” Meanwhile when you need help you will need to be prepared to wait for a while to get an answer. Trainings are usually very poor (I would say depends on the coach) and you are learning the very basic but what you’re actually getting during the calls it’s a whole another story which makes it incredibly stressful for new staff. We were required to stay longer after work so I would suggest to never make any plans after work as you never know how busy it’s going to be, you might be stuck on a call for an extra 30 mins and if you do, again, don’t even think about getting any type of support as coaches are usually gone home by then. Funny how we are forced to stay but managers/coaches finish on time. I don’t think it’s a secret that new staff get paid more than people working there for a while. It’s also incredibly hard to book any holidays and usually everything is booked already. Overall my experience with the company is pretty similar to all of my colleagues, never met anyone in this company who’s happy here - no wonder costumers aren’t either. Lines are also very understaffed so if you decide to try anyway after seeing all this negative comments -

Pros

Weekends off, working from home

Cons

No support from managers/coaches, stressful, difficult to book holiday, new staff get paid more

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you’re not enjoying the role. Like any large organisation with a significant share of the market, the environment can be dynamic, challenging and but also rewarding. We would always encourage our people to discuss concerns with their manager, who will support them when workloads increase.We aim to provide a competitive package across all roles and locations, taking into consideration skills, experience levels and the current market. We offer a competitive package that is in line with the current market, we do evaluate this on a regular basis and through our annual pay review process. This is under constant review considering the cost of living pressures many households are experiencing.If you can take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this in confidence. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly.

Not worth the money

Job can be ok. Colleagues can make daily life better. However, if you are longer on a call, management or someone is on your case. If your longer doing notes, someone is checking up on you. Pay is ok, but other companies pay alot more.

Bad and worse

Terrible do not work here ever. Emotionally dead management, culture that is stuck in the 1950s, Bradford Score is used when this has been proven to be anti-employee, just a desk number at the end of the day

20 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience. If you’d like to take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area. Please email contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly. Like most businesses, we monitor absence to ensure our people are supported with their health and wellbeing as well as to ensure we can provide a consistent level of service to our clients and customers.

Never any praise

First of all you get audited but you will always get told the bad things never praised in anything good. The pay difference between staff is shocking and completely unfair Bradford score is used wrong promote health and well-being but don’t actually care system are useless constantly watched like a hawk absolutely no compassion one rule for one but not other no phones but manager allowed to walk around in theirs and sit and have a gossip with their friends, you will get the abuse from customer and told to deal with it when it not your fault and admin don’t take respect for it but they will sure be the first to be down your neck about something because you missed an e of a word. Ridiculous break patterns no pay rises or bonuses and if you want to go to a different department they will hold you back as don’t want to lose you to a different department so stop you from expanding and growing avoid it

4 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience with us. We aim to provide a competitive package across all roles and locations, taking into consideration skills, experience levels and the current market. For customer-facing roles, we do have guidance around phone use to ensure we can provide quality customer service and adhere to data security policies. Our managers are carefully selected and go through a structured training programme, as well as being provided with ongoing support and coaching. We are sorry you feel let down.If you want to take the time to provide more detailed feedback we will review this in confidence with the relevant business area within Diligenta. Please email us at contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we can respond to you directly.

Designed to fail

The training we recieve for the job is not enough, their is no training system theirfore you cant really practice prior to doing the jobs. The pay is too low for the drama your expected to deal with anyone who works here long term is clearly settled happy working with rubbish systems poorly paid and whats worse nothing ever changed they have a culture built on failures rather than fix they prefer to avoid and make half empty attempts to resolve issues with roof causes never resolved, I would never let my worst enemy work in such a rubbish place so many other call centres are modern and well maintained this place this company even the client its just a joke how they operate.

4 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you have had a negative experience with us. Training and development is a key focus area for Diligenta and everyone is encouraged to discuss their training needs with their manager both in formal performance management meetings and regular 1-1s, to ensure they can develop to achieve their career aspirations. We aim to provide a competitive package across all roles and locations, taking into consideration skills, experience levels and the current market.

Would not recommend

The pro to this job is having weekends off. Otherwise you're rarely recognised for your efforts, manager turnover and staff turnover is very high and the job culture is pretty grim. Many times I asked to be upskilled onto different skills and they kept promising things that never came.

Pros

Mon-Fri, free transport to work w

Cons

High turnover, environment, lack of opportunity

6 September 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you're enjoying the working hours and free transport.Training and development is a key focus area for Diligenta and everyone is encouraged to discuss their training needs with their manager both in formal performance management meetings and regular 1-1s, to ensure they can develop to achieve their career aspirations. Please email more details to contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we can respond to you directly.

Not an idea career move so far

I like my job because it involves banking from home and because I have had pretty varied work experience over the years. I was on training with a mixed crowd, including some that had no experience or interest in finance, barely turned up for training in some cases and certainly weren't likely to feel any empathy with the customers. They all got jobs, whilst I with more years of experience at work than they have of life, was repeatedly told that I was not good enough. The same individual gunned for me from day one of training, for no apparent reason. I basically had to go behind this person's back to keep my job, whereupon he has taken to telling me I am not good enough again. You aren't told anything until they are failing you for a call, which isn't great either for your morale or your job security.Unless the individuals responsible for doing this are moved onto tasks more suitable for them, staff turnover is going to remain sky high and service levels will continue to plummet.Personally I prefer to work with someone who cares enough to conduct training properly in the first place and who actually wants me to be successful in the job rather than being put down constantly. It seems that smart experienced people are not very welcome.

6 September 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear this. Our managers are carefully selected and go through a structured training programme, as well as being provided with ongoing support and coaching. This is to ensure they develop the skills to lead, support and manage our people to be the best they can be.If you’d like to provide more detailed feedback we will review this with the relevant business area within Diligenta. Please email us at contact_us@diligenta.co.uk and we will respond to you directly.

Poor training with high expectations

This organisation has high expectations of its staff but offers minimal training. Once passed the only trading you receive is by email updates to processes or if you ‘Fail’’ a call… which is frequent. Some great people but somehow it doesn’t all join up into a team (Team is a very over used word at Diligenta… they need to look up the meaning) .

4 October 2022
We are sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with Diligenta and we take all feedback seriously. Our managers are carefully selected and go through a structured training programme, as well as being provided with ongoing support and coaching. This is to ensure they develop the skills to lead, support and manage our people to be the best they can be and we are sorry you feel let down. We will review this feedback with the relevant business area within Diligenta.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diligenta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Diligenta with

• Diligenta
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?