Dimensions
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Dimensions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom486 reviews

rotaorganisationsupportsupportedcentreuserlovelysupporting

Supported, challenged and valued.

Featured review

Dimensions selected this as a representative review
I started with this organisation in 2015 and was planning to stay for 6 months. Here I am almost 7 years later and still loving everyday. No two days are the same, I have been supported by my peers and line management throughout and will definitely recommend everyone to give this sector a go. I grow and learn everyday and have the opportunity to support others to grow and learn too. Often what I do, does not feel like work, I can't believe I get paid for some of the things I have the privilege of doing. I have been given opportunities to further my education and received specialist training in interesting areas. There is always someone ready to listen when I need a hand.

Support worker

People supported are fab varied daily experiences Supporting people in the community and to maintain their homes Good training, induction and support

Pros

Team work, training

Insights into Dimensions

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Okay

I felt that the company was okay to work for. I feel that my direct manager was decent to interact with but when trying to champion change, no real chance of getting anywhere.

The management team are really supportive towards me as I have learning difficulties and they both have helped me achieve all of the qualifications that I need and are supporting me with working around me as I have support for my self.

Pros

Really helpful

Cons

Having a supportive team is an important part of this kind of work, I felt that some of my work colleagues had an attitude and this I believe was due to ineffective information at the start of their employment/interview stage. The variety of the work was most enjoyable, and interacting with the people we support always put a smile on our faces. Its not easy job but can be fulfilling.

Highly rewarding company

It is incredibly rewarding working for a not for profit company and to know that each small task done in the day builds up to a greater accomplishment for individuals we are supporting. Every employee is willing to help you throughout the company, even if the task or project doesn't sit in the persons role they will actively help you find out the answer. I feel this is because everyone shares the same goal at Dimensions, regardless of your job role. Management will always listen to new ideas you have and help you seek out the answers across other teams. I have had a great experience working for Dimensions and highly recommend to anyone thinking about apply to one of our roles.

Pros

Willing to put employees through training to enhance your career progression/ knowledge.

Poor management

Poor management Bad payMore you do less your are thought of Not listened too Not person centred Poor work life balance Shifts changed at short notice

productive and reliable workplace

Every day at work is always game changing. Dimension is giving me the opportunity to learn new culture and perception to lifeThe Management team are very supportive and they are always willing to help and give improved and better ways of learning. The work place culture is diversified

Pros

Inculcative, Educative, Aspiring

good

.. excellent company friendly Good staff Good opportunity to grow Good training Good communicationover time available always happy to hear new things

Pros

flexible hours

Don't apply.

Management is absolutely disgusting, ose Knit higher ups looking out for one another, terrible treatment of staff, they have a mass resignation every year they are currently running on agency and about 3 contacted staff, do not apply.

Awesome place to work.

Awesome place to work. Friendly environment. Positive staff. Always supportive staff and management. Flexible working hours. Absolutely amazing organization.

Training is key and kept up to date

Dimensions has changed within the times but as a business they have to. I have worked with them for over 20 years ,and so I have seen the change. They are all about focusing on the people we support, person centred

Pros

Excellent training for staff

Cons

No weekend enhancements

Going downhill

It started really well but now its horrible. You need to be able to say no. Otherwise they will make you work 24 hours 365 if possible. A few people are leaving now

Pros

People that you support

Cons

abuse you if you let them.

Poor leadership

Working for this company is like banging your head against a brick wall, so much paperwork and red tape detracts from actually supporting the individuals

Very rewarding

I love my job I get to work with some amazing people and be a part of their journeys through the good and the bad. I've worked for a lot of companies and Dimensions do try their best to support clients and staff. My boss is fair, supportive, and he always listens to my concerns and does what his best to resolve them. I've been given loads of training opportunities and been changes and I can honestly say I love my job.

Pros

People we support, the team, fairness, opportunities

Cons

Lot of computer systems

Inclusive and friendly environment!

Pros: - All colleagues are friendly and close-knit in each department- Department leads try to encourage socialising, rather than work 24/7- Colleagues are keen to help if you're stuck and just like to have a chat sometimes- Great employee benefits, even if you're not a support workerCons: IT issues happen once a week. They get solved relatively quickly but can still hinder progress

Great staff team. Managers too scared of senior management to make decisions.

Poor pay even for the care sector. no support from management.,looking to leave the care sector completely it all about policy not people. People supported by dimensions must fit into the guidelines written by the company no individuality here I'm afraid.

Pros

Staff team

Cons

Poor pay and expectations

Flexible on hours if on a relief contract

Flexible on a hours I found with my contract. Staff are nice but the work can sometimes be hard and a bit draining. not much support from managers or regular one to ones to catch up and check how you're doing.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Lack of support

Good Place to work

Management and teams are caring and staff are treated fairly. Pay is OK if there are sleep-ins involved. Rota's are planned in advance so you know where you are. Most of the people you support are lovely, (occasionally there are people that just don't want support/don't want to learn no matter how you present it, that can be frustrating as their families do not see that side of them.) Good training and potential for advancement within the company. Best thing is it's not for profit, which means no greedy shareholders.

17 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5* review for Dimensions. It's great to hear your management and team are caring and that staff are treated fairly, and that there are good training and potential for advancement within the company. Have you heard of the Aspire programme? If you're interested in personal and career development, ask your manager for some further information on this!

Productive and fun workplace

It's amazing to make difference changes and support for people with needs. When you make the difference the biggest rewards is big smile on people faces and hearing they miss you!

17 August 2022
What a lovely review! We place the people we support at the heart of everything we do, so it's lovely to see you mention the difference your role can have and how rewarding this can be. Thank you for leaving this 4* review for Dimensions. I wish you all the best in your role!

Great place to work for progression

Having never worked in health and social care before, I didn't know what to expect. I have found this Job very rewarding. Dimensions have provided me with great opertunities for career progression and training

Pros

Supporting those to live their lives to the full

Cons

Work life balance- you need to understand your role and your duty of care

17 August 2022
Thank you for leaving this great 4* review for Dimensions. It's great to hear you enjoy supporting people and ensuring they live their lives to the full, this is extremely important to us. It's also lovely to hear you're enjoying your role and feel it's rewarding with lots of career progression and training opportunities. Did you know you can nominate your colleagues for an inspiring person award? If you'd like some more information, please contact us on resourcing@dimensions-uk.org

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dimensions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Dimensions with

Learn about Dimensions in popular locations

• Dimensions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?