DIMENSIONS UK LTD
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

DIMENSIONS UK LTD Employee Reviews

Featured review
DIMENSIONS UK LTD selected this as a representative review
I have been working for the company for almost four years now and I still enjoy my job. The people I support are absolutely fantastic and there are so many opportunities to support them doing a variety of things. For example, holidays, music festivals, days out. Seeing the smiles on their faces brightens up my day and I know I have supported them to do something amazing. Couldn't fault my manager, they are always there when you need them, if they is busy (as managers are), they are still just a text away and will respond ASAP. I have had so many opportunities to better myself and my career and each step is making me a better person. Dimensions has a benefit scheme which many people do use and they have support for all of their staff if they require it.
Pros
Supportive, pro-active, enjoyable, rewarding
Cons
N/a
Nice to work for an organisation that recognises and encourages your assets . Feel valued . Nice culture amongst workforce you feel part of a great team Outcome focused support achieving great things for people supported and safety is paramount.
Pros
Outcomes and feel good factor
Cons
Can be long hours
I had a lovely time with Dimensions. The people I supported were amazing: funny, intelligent, clever, and helped me to see life in a new way.It could be very hard work sometimes, but the good days far outweighed the bad - and each day had a positive.I got on well with most of my colleagues, and I learned a lot from all of them, but there was a clich between lead support and management that sometimes made the environment uncomfortable.However, my manager supported me in my role and gave me access to opportunities to enhance my knowledge - which I gratefully took advantage of.
Pros
The people I supported; colleagues; training and learning opportunities.
Cons
Low pay; clich between lead support and management
Underpaying staff for the hard work they do, no appreciation shown either. Long hours 15 hours per day is too long. During this Covid-19 staff are not been given enough time to recover.
Pros
Good staff team
Cons
Underpaid
Great Induction process and the Team are very welcoming and supportive. Best career choice I ever made applying and I look forward to work each day! It challenges me but I also feel support there if needed. My manager is great, super knowledgeful so I know I will continue to develop and learn new things which I a big selling point for me.
Pros
Great Culture and fun place to work
Cons
very disappointed as they do not support great work ethic and quality. I was frowned upon for being positive and proactive and for going above and beyond to do my level best in supporting the 28 vulnerable adults assigned to me.
Pros
didnt get to experience any
Cons
chaotic management, confused rotas, some staff felt threatened by a professional higher educated new employee
Exceptionally poor insincere management with regular bouts of reteric .The service I work is left with no guidance from managers and do not respond to questions and grievances, particularly higher tier managenent. Poor pay fir exceptionally long shifts and no regular contact from regional during pandemic. Was expected to wear 4 hour masks for the whole of fifteen hour shift . Extremely poor ppe in general. Colleagues who are clinically vulnerable receiving notification they will be in furlough only to find they were not paid in Christmas wages with no answers until after the Christmas break. HR department very unprofessional in responses to grievances . On the whole whilst I realise some of these problems seem to be currently systemic in Health & Social Care Dimensions are up there with the worst.
Pros
The guys we support
Cons
Poor pay long hours and management insincerity and reteric
Really excellent work culture, very welcoming and warm, lots of support if you're ready to ask for it. Excellent recruitment team, felt welcome from the first day. Pay isn't the most competitive, but it is a not-for-profit, so that can be expected. Very supportive clinical team and made to feel like I really belonged.
Pros
Great work culture, good focus on the clients, decent training (even during covid)
Cons
Not most competitive pay, Departments can feel a bit disjointed
I've felt included and supported from day one. Colleagues in my team and the other teams I work with on a regular basis have been warm and welcoming. They have been patient with me and they have been generous in sharing their knowledge to help me settle in to my new role quickly and confidently.The organisation has good processes in place and has a continued focus on improvement. It is evident that colleagues in all roles really care about the people we support.The views and needs of the people we support are represented at a local and national level to inform decision making.
Pros
Flexible working, thorough training and on-boarding, friendly teams
Cons
Some of the systems are more intuitive and evolved than others
Management only listen to their favourites, if you don't fit in you don't get took on .they don't believe you when you get accused of silly things, no support when issues happen , they just throw it back at you in probation then have a excuse not to take you on, I thought Dimensions we a good company but they have turned out to be the worst I have worked for in over ten years in support, please avoid this company.
Pros
1.1 lone work
Cons
Long hours, no manager on site
This company is big on whistleblowing but when you do, they want you out. Management also never will admit they are wrong , they would rather blame you . Lots of risk assessments had not been done which are putting staff at risk. When I pointed this out they turned against me . Gossipy staff, some you can trust but many you cannot . Staff have no truly safe space to go to from client , to get away and management did not care . Put the client first always and what happens to staff , they do not care . They turn it against you , if you get hurt and injured. Also from applying for the job to getting a shift took 5 months and this happened to most staff there .
Pros
Cons
Bad management, lack of support, hard to get hold of anyone when there is a crisis .
All staff are replacable. They take your overtime (which you have to wait over a month for anyway) at a drop of a hat. They would rather give it to someone relatively new and on a zero hour contract, than give it to long standing staff who have always helped them out. If youre helping them, its all great but dont expect any loyalty back from them.The people we support are awesome, shame the company does not care, as all the support workers do
Pros
Training
Cons
Dont expect any kind of loyalty
4 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please can I try and fix some of the comments you have made here? To do this, I would need further information on your experience and the service either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
I chose this job over another one that paid a little bit more, based on my gut instincts. I've worked at some not so nice places with some not so nice people, so vowed that my next job would be one I felt in my gut was a good place with good people. Along came Dimensions. I could see instantly how much people cared about the people we support and staff team. They appreciate hard work for sure, but they reward that hard work. I've had a wedding, baby and bereavement whilst working for Dimensions and they had been outstanding in their support and flexibility. Ive been here 5 years now, and never looked back. I dont plan on going anywhere else. My manager is amazing, a true leader with a heart of gold. I love the values of Dimensions, how they care for the people we support and how we all work together to make their lives as rich and rewarding as possible. We all care. One of the things I always look out for when going for an interview, is how long staff have been there, its never a good sign if staff turnover is high as it means they're unhappy. Most of my colleagues have been here for many years, and that is proof that we are looked after and cared for.
Pros
Flexible, supportive, good values
4 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic 5* review. I'm glad to hear about your great experience!
Absolutely loved my time with Dimensions as a Referrals and Assessment Manager. It is fast-paced and time pressured as well as very rewarding. Your work is valued as are you. I only left because I needed to take a more challenging role but would always go back and thats not something you hear often! They helped me develop my career and I will always have positive feedback for them.
Pros
Value their employees, pay well, great working culture
4 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a 4* review. We really appreciate the feedback. It's nice to hear you would consider us for a position in the future. I wish you all the best in your new role!
its a business , there is a lack of compassion for the people supported. Management are too far removed from the essence of what support work is all about . Some don't visit their houses and don't know the people living in them , so how can they be person centred ? As staff you don't feel supported unless you are part of the clique then you can basically do what you like and get away with it. Don't dare be out spoken as it won't go down very well , they don't like the boat being rocked.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
No breaks, difficult to have work life balance, poor pay for sleep ins .
4 December 2020
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and feedback regarding the people we support. I am sorry to read the comments you have made regarding management. To get this resolved we would need as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
I have worked for the company for 2 years and I have had many opportunities to progress my career and grow. As always you get the odd staff members trying to dip the culture but the management deal with them very quickly and fairly. I always feel supported and the company has bent over backwards to accommodate me and my situations.
Pros
Staff rewards
4 December 2020
Wow thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. Great to hear you have had opportunities to progress and It's nice to hear that you have felt valued and supported during your employment.
Unprotected and no appropriate ppe and information when needed. The whole team caught latent tuberculosis. The workplace was unsafe and I was disappointed as a dedicated employee.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
management ruled in a way that left the team to uncomfortable to question procedures
4 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The comments within this review are extremely concerning. Please provide as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
This job is fun and very rewarding the people we support are fabulous and I love going in to work everyday to see the people I support, My coworkers too are fab but depending on what home you work in it can be quite gossipy, but just go in ignore all that and crack on with your job it is great. The pay is minimum wage which is frustrating for the work that we do on a daily basis, but we keep going as we love supporting our guys so defiantly a job more about the care then the money. There is always good chance to progress within the job, such as lead support, ALM or even changing to a different department or becoming a trainer for different key skills you would need to know on a daily basis specific to the home you are based in. Another aspect of what makes this job good or bad- is your manger but if you are unhappy with you manger you can transfers to another. Work life balance is also good every other weekend on and off
Pros
People we support: coworkers: work life balance
Cons
Management, pay
4 December 2020
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and feedback regarding the people we support. Great to hear you are working in a good team and you have had a positive experience within our services.
Work hard and you will be rewarded that’s my moto for dimensions I developed a lot . Was sent to work conferences and met a lot of friendly people.. it was great working there Some top up people need to accept diversity, equality and not discriminate as l saw that was still a problem at Dimensions but overall great place to work at The pay is not at all good but sometimes it’s not about money it’s about helping other people
Pros
There’s room for development
Cons
Some managers still need to accept equality and diversity
4 December 2020
WOW thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. Great to hear you are meeting different colleagues across the organisation.
Management are quick to snap their fingers when they want something done but as soon as a safeguarding issue is brought up they dismiss it. Very hostile environment. The people I support are fantastic but I feel awful they are stuck with this company. Good with training but anything else don't bother. They don't even give a reference.
Pros
The people we support
Cons
Everyone else
25 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The comments within this review are extremely concerning. Please give as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you.
As with all jobs, you get out what you put in. I have worked for Dimensions for 5 years and have progressed from a support worker to management to regional support and now into behaviour support. Dimensions main focus, rightly, is the people we support, they are at the centre of everything we do. I have been fortunate to work with many of the people we support and the majority of my colleagues are supportive, caring and personable. I feel very thankful towards all of the managers I have had throughout my career at Dimensions. Without the support of these managers I would not have been able to progress into my current role. If you are willing to put in the effort there are many opportunities for progression. There are many training packages open to our staff as well as the numerous benefits such as the employee assistance programme, bike to work schemes and long service bonuses to name but a few. I would strongly recommend this organisation to anyone who is looking to make a difference.
Pros
The people we support, training, flexibility, benefits, opportunities to progress and upskill
4 December 2020
WOW thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. A true example of our progression opportunities within the company. I wish you all the continued success in your career,
  1. Employee reviews