Work wellbeing score is 75 out of 100

Dineindulge Employee Reviews

Great place to work, growing business with lots of opportunity to progress. There is a friendly team with a relaxed office atmosphere.The directors of the company are regularly in the office and always contactable.

Pros

Mac books, menu tasting, modern office, casual dress

bad company to work for

very dodgy company they ask you to buy the shopping list to a tide budget, if you go over they will not pay you back for the your expenses.is a pit stop for a break for any chef but don't advice any professional in the trade to consider it as secure job.

Pros

Cons

long day prep and then ccok

Insights into Dineindulge

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Great

Great place to work! Lots of career progression. Knowledgable colleagues. It's exciting to see the menu development in the onsite development kitchen.

Fantastic

Been with DineIndulge for 5 years now and have loved every minute of it. Great company to work with. Head office team are brilliant and happy to help with anything.

Not as much freedom for chefs as advertised

I have worked with dineindulge for about 2 years. The menus are difficult to deliver to the specification presented in their marketing (No chef can accomplish over 10 moves per plate alone for large groups of people without food going cold). The pay is slightly better than restaurant work, £15-18 p/h after expenses. The work could be a lot more personal if you could do your own menus and communicate with customers before the event. I also suspect dineindulge block you from rebooking customers without the agency.

Very Organized

This company really helped me when I was under renovation as a catering company. I had few good clients from them and some horrible ones.The transportation allowance they are giving is not enough to cover the fuel and there is no insurance from them ACCIDENT INSURANCE , none , zero. The food budget is funny and joking most of the time but if you are truly someone who works in this kind of industry, you will handle. The company only cares about their client and not their worker. But they are on time with the payment , so it’s a good place for someone who is looking for something temporary.

Pros

They have clients

Cons

No insurance ! If you die while traveling to work, they won’t care.

very low salary compared to private chefs

I have been a freelance private chef for 4 years, and this is the first time that I have seen an "agency" which imposes menus on its chefs .... and as for the menus, each one is more eccentric than the other. others, with improbable associations of tastes .... and level of remuneration, we are very very far from the standards, the 25 to 28 € indicated, sorry but the requests that I have had from them, are clearly inferior ... this agency is not bad to get started, but as soon as you start to have experience, it has no interest. let the chefs create their own menus, they will be much more comfortable with their ideas, rather than those of another chef who does not know the culture of the country in which the other chefs work

Pros

...

Cons

Salaire ridiculement bas pour des chefs privé, qui ne correspond pas du tout à ce qui est annoncé

The work can be fun but it’s not worth it

When you’re at an event, it can be a total pleasure to cook for somebody in their home. I completed just a few events through this company, during this time I realised just how disorganised a professional company can be. 100% of the time there was a fault with the event details and when I would inquire about it, they would amend it but not promptly and so I would be left feeling anxious about the event that I had to work. They also flood your emails every day and you’re supposed to check in three times before an event which gives me a headache. The hourly rate does not reflect the amount of work that you have to put into certain events. I also work for a similar company and have had no such issues so I would suggest steering away from dineindulge because you can do better.

Pros

Management are friendly

Cons

Pay doesn’t reflect workload

Exciting and fast-growing company to work for !

Dineindulge is a great company to work for ! I have been hired to manage the International part of the business, hiring and managing chefs in Europe countries where the business operates. It is a fast-paced environment that requires being switched on and reactive but it's also very rewarding.Even in very busy periods, the office atmosphere is quite relaxed and friendly and all the team members are easy to work with. Everyone is very supportive of each other, working towards the same goal so there is no competition between team members. We all thrive to deliver an outstanding service to our customers.The directors are also incredibly supportive and helpful, keen on helping me going up the ladder and offering new opportunities for me to do so.Also we get lovely treats, lunches, cooking lessons on a weekly basis and that's a massive plus !

Pros

Opportunity to build a career, lots of support from the directors and the team Regular treats, great office environment

Cons

Having to work on some weekends

Dineindulge is a great company to work for. I was recruited to develop a new arm to the business, and the directors at Dineindulge have been nothing but supportive in my ideas and strategies for doing so. Although driven and sometimes fast-paced, the office has a great atmosphere and all of the staff are friendly and easy to work with. The company are always happy to help staff develop their related skills, and support opportunities to do so thoroughly. Working for Dineindulge has been a pleasure so far, and long may it continue.

Pros

Menu tasting days for staff, great office environment

The Hospitality Unicorn

I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 17 years since I left university and there has always been the worry about the skills I've leaned and passion I have for the industry would never translate over to anything other than working in restaurants or bars. In addition there was always the fear that when I finally left restaurant management I would have to start at the bottom of a career ladder. I was so pleasantly surprised when I started with the company that both of my concerns/fears were ungrounded. Dineindulge have embraced my background, ensured I had the appropriate time and training (so I was up to speed in my new role) and have encouraged me from day one to use my experience within restaurant management to help improve the business and develop the staff. I have (as mentioned in the title) joked with my friends that the company is "The hospitality unicorn' - a 8-5 office based job with some weekends free, but with the vibe of working with hospitality professionals and knowing your knowledge and experience are being put to use. Take the leap and get your life back.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Had to learn to use a mac

Exciting and innovative place to work

There is always a focus on innovation and keeping up with the latest trends, which makes the business exciting to work for and fast paced. The management style is very inclusive and all team members are involved with coming up with ideas , new processes and ways to improve our service and menus. The office environment is friendly and relaxed but we all share the same determination to provide a top level service to our clients and a supportive platform for our talented chefs.

Pros

Apple Macs, staff menu tasting days

Dineindulge is a fun place to work!

Dineindulge is a great place to work and every one is friendly and accommodating. Progression is fast and recognition is there for every employee. I look forward to my future with Dineindulge.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Dineindulge is a great place to work, they look after their employees and progression is fast. My colleagues are all great at their jobs and very easy to work with.

Great company to work for

Worked for dineindulge since 2019 and.they have been a great company to work for. They always look after you and help you out in your first few jobs. The online.portak system is really easy to use.

Fast paced but rewarding

Working here allowed me to visit private homes and cook meals for customers. It was all made from scratch on-site and involved the cleaning and closing down afterwards. Overall very rewarding.

Well organised company

I’ve now worked for dine indulge well over a year, the company has gone from strength to strength, and is very well organised however the £20 per hr they promise is not realistic by the time you spent time purchasing ingredients, doing the prep, travel time and the time you spend at the clients place, I would say 90% of events are hen party’s, which can be fun but on some occasions you turn up and the kitchen is not in a fit state to work in on some occasions washing up not done from breakfast and lunch, the company should make sure they tell the clients that the kitchen should be clear! Overall good company but for the amount of work involved not worth it for a quality chef!

Pros

Office staff excellent

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dineindulge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Dineindulge
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?