Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom543 reviews

Featured review

Direct Line Group selected this as a representative review
I have worked for direct line since 2015 I think it is good place to work it can be challenging some days but overall I work with a great team have a fantastic team leader, I think it is a well paid job for what we do. Things are always changing at direct line which has kept it interesting for me, you are recognised for the work you do, and there is the support there if you need it and as a new starter you get all the training and support you need to be able to carry out the job we do.

Pros

Can buy an extra weeks holiday

Cons

Shifts choices

Great benifits

Great benefits working for the company 50% off home pet and car insurance plus free travel insurance and life assurance. Management are friendly and approachable.

Benefits

Insights into Direct Line Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Not a good place to work

You can not progress to your career here at all unless your face fits what the managers want and a lot of work has to be done in your own time and not in your contracted hours to have any recognition

No job security

Take you to disciplinary when you’re struggling and need help Iv been handed more work load and less payThey reduced bonus and never got re reviewedThey expect more from usForever taking calls with no meetings anymoreNo chance to growCompany just seems toNot care about customer wait timesNo interaction only when you make a mistake It’s grinding to have to try and go all day with no support

Fast paced no chance to breathe

Sales rep working from home. Training was good however no support after being at home is not ideal and no managers answer you then ask why you have been on calls so long. Stressful and customers get really annoyed understandbly when your constanlty asking them to wait to find help that managers dont want to give

Pros

Pay isn't to bad

Cons

To support

Stressful, unsupportive and isolating

I haven't hadba good experience from the minute I passed the interview. Had to keep chasing HR, constant system crashes, no flexibility. You are trained one way, then it's 'wrong' on the eyes of another TL, targets very had to achieve. Feel like there's no trust, no control over work, rota is all over the place. HR don't help sort out issues with TLs and very little support. So many things they omit to tell you at the interview, it's made out to be a job it isn't and doesn't have the company culture it claims to have.

Pros

Pay package

Cons

All listed above in review.

No work life balance shifts are shocking

Mandatory overtime constant finger wagging depending on who you are depends on what you get away with. Tight targets with no room for error no support scrutiny over sickness depleting mental health of advisors no room to progress with promotions.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

Long hours. Tight targets

It’s goods

Good, flexible job for the moneyEasy and relaxedBusy call centre type role Good trainingFast interview Mostly remote now Good management

Not a great experience

Not good for mental health! All about stats. No leadership or help. Constant threats about losing your job if you are not like a robot! Even when you ask for help they won’t take you off the phones.

Pros

Great training

Cons

All stat driven

Good to work for

Was a good place to work but progression wasn’t as easy as they made it out to be. A lot needs to be done to address this so everyone who wants to develop can do so.

Pros

Staff parties (pre C19) were good and the people are very friendly

Cons

Not enough development opportunities

Not fun and bullying tolerated and not dealt with or acknowledged

Company too big for any changes to be made, everything moves too slow. Wrong people get promotions to people managers. No respect for its staff. Ideas bot encouraged and hard work not rewarded.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Very stressfull and felt micro managed.

Only lasted 4 weeks. Felt not really enough support after training. Also felt a bit cult like, you weren't allowed to say anything negative. Not told 10 hour shifts at interview or working every other weekend.

Stressful

Great when I started lots of things have changed including a new system that keeps failing and creating angry customers massive call queues and your always monitored on how fast you deal with calls too many changes everyday and it's difficult to remember them all target based that are all but impossible to achieve

working from home

training from home was difficult and if you are falling behind you kind of get left behind, groups made on skills rather than complete mixture to help all develop

Great a few years ago, sadly rapidly in a state of decline.

I have been with Direct Line in Glasgow for approaching 12 years.What was once a great company has now deteriorated into a rapidly declining company.Team Leaders shy away from escalation calls, leaving handlers to face the brunt of truly awful customers. When I say truly awful, I mean it. Household Claims is a toxic environment.Pay isn't great for the amount of sh%# we have to take off customers. It will leave you feeling mentally and emotionally empty at times - this leaves the department short staffed due to sickness.Sad to see the company/Glasgow sink to the depths it has but there you go.

very boring

Calls on calls Not enough staff Fake promises Manager only care about them selves You have to request things many times before getting accepted which is terrible

Pros

Not much apart from getting paid on time

Great company

Great company, look after their employees. Great staff, everyone is treated equally. Great work culture in a competitive environment. Recommend anyone to work here.

Decent benefits

Benefits are good. Salary could be better for the job you do.Changes in policy constantly occurring and staff moral low due to high call volumes and workload.

Very customer focused placed that actually live and breathe their values and behaviours

Day to day can be different on the graduate scheme you never know what you may be getting involved in. I have learned to always be authentic in all situations to have a long lasting impact on stakeholders. Management is good but can find it difficult at times to really listen and understand the perspective of employees before offering solutions. The culture of the workplace is fantastic they live and breathe the values and culture really well - its actually ingrained in their day-day practices. Hardest part of my job is keeping all stakeholders engaged. Most enjoying part of my job is working in new teams and building new connections. Getting a happy customer always makes the work worthwhile.

Stressful Environment

High anxiety levels amongst alot of consultants due to stress of the job. No customer service jobs just making amendments, you will be selling insurance policies aswell or selling upgrades onto policies. It's great if your face fits and you kiss up to the TL's, you can get away with all sorts. No work/life balance. Best part are the consultants..they're a good bunch of people. If you're good at selling, have great customer service skills, don't mind working rubbish hours and can cope with the stress of numerous targets then this is the job for you.

Direct Line are a good company to work for. They treat their staff fairly with good rates of pay

I have worked for Direct Line for many years. They have evolved with time and been through different changes, but through it they do keep the Customer at the heart of what they do. I would recommend them as an employer, and are focused on mental health and welfare. Depending on your role- very much a call centre environment and managed in that way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Line Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Direct Line Group with

• Direct Line Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?