Work wellbeing score is 86 out of 100

Direct Medics Healthcare Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews

directstaffworkingworkpaygoodhelpfultime

The best nursing agency I have ever worked for!

Featured review

Direct Medics Healthcare Recruitment selected this as a representative review
I have worked for Direct Medics full time for over three years. Having been in a permanent post and joined several nursing agencies in the past, I can affirm that Direct Medics is the best Nursing agency I have ever worked for. From the day I started working for them, up until now, I have always been impressed with the way their administration and management work. Joining them was a straightforward process. My recruiting consultant cleared my file in no time and organised everything for me, flight, accommodation and my block booking. My welfare was always a priority. Online training, moral support and salary is second to none. I am especially grateful to my recruiting consultant, nursing manager and Direct Medics director for all the support they’ve provided me with over the years. Long live this company. I’m so proud to be a part of it.

10 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our Nursing Team!Thanks again for your ongoing support and hard work.

Productive, busy, patient centred.

As in any typical busy ward..always an opportunity to learn and share new skills. Interacting with a diverse range of clients and staff from multi cultural backgrounds. Personal difficulties with long travel journeys due to my own home address but overall an enjoyable experience when you are passionate about what you do.

Pros

Acceptance and recognition as agency staff member

Cons

Travel/distance from home.

Great work

What is the best part of working at the company?Good money, flexibility ,paying weekly What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Waiting and see if you will get shift

18 July 2023
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your comments along to our HCA Team!Thanks again for your ongoing support and hard work.

Fun

What is the best part of working at the company?The staff , very friendly and supportive What is the most stressful part about working at the company?None I was stress free working foe the company always got pay on time ,got the shifts I wanted and if any problems the were always supportive . Free training and good pay What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly , welcoming and supportiveWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Well I didn't work in the company , I worked more them outside the company but were I was sent the environment was friendly to work in

18 May 2023

Supportive working environment

I have been a nurse for 40years & though retired still want to work a few shifts a week. I am working on a ward in the swah enniskillen & familiar with team dynamics throughout my career. But things have changed drastically obviously but that doesnt phase me. I am learning all the time at work , everyday a school day ! I am really enjoying caring for the patients & the staff are very supportive & helpful which is as it should be . Great team spirit . Love it.

18 May 2023
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback and are delighted to hear you have had a great placement experience so far working with Direct Medics.

Insights into Direct Medics Healthcare Recruitment

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Professional,polite,friendly

I found the recruitment team friendly and efficient.The management when the recruitment phase is over remains supportive and helpful.The compliance team will support you to maintain ongoing professional development needs and give gentle reminders when you need to update The mandatory aspects of training are free.you have access to a variety of on-line training for those elements that can be completed in this fashionThe company have offered me placements both locally and abroad.I am semi retired and I can choose the amount of work I do The pay is fair and competitive , paid weekly and timesheets can be scanned to the finance department using your phone. All in all a seamless operation

Pros

Professional helpful company that make finding work easy

Cons

None from personal experience

29 March 2023
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our Nursing Team!Thanks again for your ongoing support and hard work.

Satisfying, productive, good work place.

This is the work place with a very good communication skills and helpful representatives, listening and fulfilling your needs as much as they can. High workplace culture.

Pros

Cost of journey covered

29 March 2023
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our Medical Team!Thanks again for your ongoing support and hard work.

Overall a good experience. Its a good work and home balance. I am satisfied with the pay and the environment of the hospital. I do recommend direct medics.

29 March 2023
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our Medical Team!

Great company to work for

I've joined Direct Medics about three years ago and never beed disapointed. Great support from the office, plenty of shifts, excellent pay rate! I would recommend to anyone!

Pros

Plenty of shifts

Cons

N/a

29 March 2023
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our HCA Team!

Busy Hard Work but Good Remuneration

My job is extremely busy with very high volume of work. I hardly get anytime to sit in peace. There are reasonable academic activities as well which is most interesting part of job, as it involves leaning for me. Managing my own work is pretty hard, hence I have very limited management role for others. Workplace culture is not bad, as there are people around me who appreciate and value my work. There is a culture of inclusivity and I feel as a part of the team. The hardest part is time management and travelling between places of work. The enjoyable part is teaching sessions and clinical/ MDT meetings.

Pros

Convenient to commute as I travel against the travel flow

Cons

Busy Schedule and Workload

4 April 2023
Thank you for your feedback. If you have any issues with your placement, please get in touch with your Recruitment Consultant and they will be happy to help!Best regards, The Direct Medics Team

Great Agency to work for

I would definitely recommend Direct Medics .The staff are friendly,professional,knowledgeable and extremely supportive in matching suitable positions. Payment is weekly.If you are a heathcare professional and seeking to join an Agency then look no further than Direct Medics (Belfast).I recommend you make enquiries today !.. .It's the best career decision I've made

Pros

Selection and variety of shifts in

Cons

Shifts being recalled as short notice

Good locum company

I have had a positive experience working with DirectMedics. The team there are all very friendly, dedicated and professional. All queries are responded to promptly. Revalidation is included as well which is a plus.

Good recruiting agency

With Direct medics , I found shift very easy to book and also lovely consultants that are ready to listen. Payments were fast and reliable. Working conditions in various NHS hospitals are friendly and cooperative.

Pros

Easy to book shifts

Cons

Though some shifts might be stressful, but that's what I signed for to do to help people. It's fine.

28 October 2022

Quick and efficient help in all areas of attention required

Help given in all aspects of onboarding which is extremely tedious but the same for every company for my job in healthcare,Speedy replies to issues that occured over the period of contract, and solved quickly.Healthcare very challenging right now, high pressure, long waiting lists and poor staffing numbers. However it is still a rewarding job.

28 October 2022
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our AHP Team!

A very caring agency

Excellent experience in dealing with all team members and I always felt very supported when looking for work and during the placement, would highly recommend

28 October 2022
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our AHP Team!Thanks again for your ongoing support and hard work

Well organised

As a relatively new employee of direct medics I have found the staff extremely helpful. Mandatory practical and online training was excellent. Thoroughly looking forward to the future with the company. Final word....EXCELLENT.

26 July 2022
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you have had a great experience so far working with Direct Medics. We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to our Nursing Team!

Direct Medics

From the initial phone call with the Recruitment consultant I was treated with total professionalism and respect towards my experience and skills to access work with DM. The compliance offers keep regular e mail contact for RQIA requirements for training and development.I have had supervision and appraisal also for my practice.Direct Medics are a fantastic agency to work for and I am proud to be part of the nursing staff. In my opinion every department are professional, helpful, respond efficiently to any queries.I have recommended 2 colleagues DM.

26 July 2022

Flexibility and enriching

The Management Staff is so accommodating and understanding, always available for support. - Professional support and development is available -Assistance in Validation is available

7 April 2022

Nice place to work, improving my skills and knowledge

This is my first time working with an agency, it took me a while to decide to apply with Direct Medics and I am really happy that I did. I feel more happy, less stress, better pay and all the team are really supporting you. I haven't worked before in a hospital environment and Direct Medics gave me tha chance to do that so for that I am greatful

Pros

I finally have breaks time, better pay, support

Cons

I don't have any

The best place to work

The staff are all helpful and accommodating. The best place to work with excellent patient care! The doctors are all friendly and willing to help when asked. I have been exposed to various theatres and it builds my confidence more in my chosen field.

Good management and communication

Shifts are steady with the occasional quiet time,which ,as agency,if you want to choose your own days ,can be quite flexible in order to suit demand. Excellent hourly rates,paid weekly, on time and correct. However,Xmas payroll is sometimes paid the week after depending when xmas falls. Management are very helpful and courteous. Yearly training is excellent . Overall,no issues with this employer .

7 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Direct Medics Healthcare Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement