Dirty Martini

Dirty Martini Employee Reviews

Stressful but Rewarding

Great staff, can get very rushed but a very enjoyable job. The Managers are extremely professional and expect as much from their employee's. All over an enjoyable hospitality experience

ridiculous the whole place

Building is do old, and the foods were served next to the broken glasses... Thr ice machines were leaking.The whole place is horrible...I am not recommending for anyone.

Pros

Don't have any

Cons

I didn 't have break and work life balance

Horrid

I hated every shift I worked there and this work place treated me as an outsider, it made me feel depressed and leaving sad the best decision I ever made

Pros

Noting

Cons

Disgusting workplace and staff members are rude

Never imagine I would experience a bad working environment from the staff members to the management team. From the way they speak to you is just disgusting. Everyone always gossiping regardless, people are very quick and fast to know your business just so they have something to talk about. There is no respect towards the staff and management are as much useless than the staff members when it comes to providing assistance.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Busy and stressful, no work life balance if you work here in full-time

Staff are nice and most of the management as well. If you want work - life balance, you are not going to work here, salary is close to the minimal wage. On the busy days often stressful, sometimes you have to work 8 hours to take your break. If you like busy atmosphere then you will like it.

Pros

Staff are nice and work hard

Cons

Long hours, not best paid job, no work-life balance

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile

Ottimo come primo lavoro UK, per bartender alle prime armi o con scarsa conoscenza dell'inglese. Forti possibilità di crescita dal punto di vista gestionale e manageriale del bar. Ambiente giovane e dinamico, paga oraria bassa

Do NOT Work Here

They don’t care about you, and will work you to the bone. The head office often won’t give people holiday pay. Accused of lying even when I wasn’t. Management constantly on a power trip.

Competitive but good working place.

I found really thrilling being a Dirty martini member. I believe is one of the few places in town where you receive a proper cocktails training. Stressful environment in weekends but good payslips.

Good place for feel the mixology

Good environment and nice people, Good cocktails home made for the company. A few stressful working on Saturdays and match days and very quiet on week

Great place to work and improve your skills

Good place to work in and learn new skills in a fast paced environment. Good for career growth throughout the years. Great management teams throughout the venues.

Aucun respect et aucune organisation

A évité les nouveau manager n’assume pas leurs responsabilités, aucune organisation aucun respect envers le staff les gens font que de s’en aller ....

Amazing company to work for

I've been working at Dirty Martini for 2 years now and I'm still in love with the company. I'm surrounded by lovely and talented colleagues every day and the company is encouraging the family feel work environment. The cocktails are superb, the venues are gorgeous and the benefits are decent too. If you join you will get great career opportunities and you will be part of a brad that you can be proud of. I'm certainly the most popular one between my friend :)

Pros

friendly people, fun atmosphere, great training, good career progression

Cons

Great benefits but not worth having no life

Dirty Martini is an ok place to work. Like most companies you work for, they have their pro's and con's. Eventually for me, the cons outweighed the pro's hence why I no longer work there. The hours are very long and busy, sometimes so busy you don't get to have a break. The work/life balance isn't great, as if you are considered a great worker, they expect you and will rota you to work pretty much every day. Especially weekends (if you like going out or have regular commitments weekend evenings, this isn't the job for you). One hard part of the job is carrying a full tray of martinis to guests at the tables through a large crowd of drunk people without dropping them! Management weren't particularly the best, some were quite rude and others were really down to earth. However, there are positives...the company does offer great benefits - they are part of a scheme called Perk Box which is amazing! They do also reward you for your hard work by giving you vouchers or other rewards for a good sales score for example.I enjoyed the company values so the backstory and mixology of the martinis. This leads me onto the food and drink, you get 65% off food on shift and a great discount on the drinks. The pay is good and customers tip you really well.

Pros

great benefits, the food and drink, company values, pay and tips

Cons

long hard hours, no work/life balance

fast paced but rewarding and fun workplace

DJs with good music not so suitable for students due to late hours good finger food and hygiene good progression nice tips fun and friendly staff

great place to work

university of hospitality and management, high skilled, professional and great work environment. been working with the company for 6 years and grown along with it.

Worst place ever

Bored an rude managers with zero knowledge. Very loud music. Management from London rudest people ever. They do not care you. Long hours without break. Colleges more than ok. Recommended only temporary.

Soul sucking

While working here I found that it just wasn’t worth it for the money. They kept scheduling me shifts that I couldn’t do and would only give like half hour break for like 15 hour shift. Just not worth it, I wasn’t told before I started what the pay would be like and how often I would be paid. They didn’t tell me about the staff discounts, or anything. I found it hard making friends here. I had more mental health problems here than I did at any other job I have had

Pros

Cons

Long hours, on your feet nonstop, don’t pay you overtime, short breaks

Fun Place to work

Dirty Martini Birmingham is a great place to work if you want to show and improve your skills. You meet great new people and earn tips in the process! The Management is great to work with. Be prepared to wear comfy shoes though!!

Pros

Tips, People, Learn new things

Cons

Being on your feet for long hours

okay

The place is okay to work, but lead you in with false pretenses of progression and benefits. Staff are nice enough and welcome you as part of the team.

Overwork

The job is very stressful and you have to work until very late at night. They pay you until a certain time all of the extra hours you do are not paid. You earn around 900 pounds per month to work with drunk clients and terrible music blasting at the strongest volume. Some of the managers are ok

Pros

Cons

Extra hours, salary and work until very late

Loved it

Loved it - everyone was so helpful and in such. a demanding atmosphere it was good and fast paced and so much fun meeting new people and gaining loads of experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dirty Martini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement