Dirty Martini

Dirty Martini Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Great benefits but not worth having no life

Dirty Martini is an ok place to work. Like most companies you work for, they have their pro's and con's. Eventually for me, the cons outweighed the pro's hence why I no longer work there. The hours are very long and busy, sometimes so busy you don't get to have a break. The work/life balance isn't great, as if you are considered a great worker, they expect you and will rota you to work pretty much every day. Especially weekends (if you like going out or have regular commitments weekend evenings, this isn't the job for you). One hard part of the job is carrying a full tray of martinis to guests at the tables through a large crowd of drunk people without dropping them! Management weren't particularly the best, some were quite rude and others were really down to earth. However, there are positives...the company does offer great benefits - they are part of a scheme called Perk Box which is amazing! They do also reward you for your hard work by giving you vouchers or other rewards for a good sales score for example.I enjoyed the company values so the backstory and mixology of the martinis. This leads me onto the food and drink, you get 65% off food on shift and a great discount on the drinks. The pay is good and customers tip you really well.

Pros

great benefits, the food and drink, company values, pay and tips

Cons

long hard hours, no work/life balance

ridiculous the whole place

Building is do old, and the foods were served next to the broken glasses... Thr ice machines were leaking.The whole place is horrible...I am not recommending for anyone.

Pros

Don't have any

Cons

I didn 't have break and work life balance

Horrid

I hated every shift I worked there and this work place treated me as an outsider, it made me feel depressed and leaving sad the best decision I ever made

Pros

Noting

Cons

Disgusting workplace and staff members are rude

Never imagine I would experience a bad working environment from the staff members to the management team. From the way they speak to you is just disgusting. Everyone always gossiping regardless, people are very quick and fast to know your business just so they have something to talk about. There is no respect towards the staff and management are as much useless than the staff members when it comes to providing assistance.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Busy and stressful, no work life balance if you work here in full-time

Staff are nice and most of the management as well. If you want work - life balance, you are not going to work here, salary is close to the minimal wage. On the busy days often stressful, sometimes you have to work 8 hours to take your break. If you like busy atmosphere then you will like it.

Pros

Staff are nice and work hard

Cons

Long hours, not best paid job, no work-life balance

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile

Ottimo come primo lavoro UK, per bartender alle prime armi o con scarsa conoscenza dell'inglese. Forti possibilità di crescita dal punto di vista gestionale e manageriale del bar. Ambiente giovane e dinamico, paga oraria bassa

Good place for feel the mixology

Good environment and nice people, Good cocktails home made for the company. A few stressful working on Saturdays and match days and very quiet on week

Aucun respect et aucune organisation

A évité les nouveau manager n’assume pas leurs responsabilités, aucune organisation aucun respect envers le staff les gens font que de s’en aller ....

Amazing company to work for

I've been working at Dirty Martini for 2 years now and I'm still in love with the company. I'm surrounded by lovely and talented colleagues every day and the company is encouraging the family feel work environment. The cocktails are superb, the venues are gorgeous and the benefits are decent too. If you join you will get great career opportunities and you will be part of a brad that you can be proud of. I'm certainly the most popular one between my friend :)

Pros

friendly people, fun atmosphere, great training, good career progression

Worst place ever

Bored an rude managers with zero knowledge. Very loud music. Management from London rudest people ever. They do not care you. Long hours without break. Colleges more than ok. Recommended only temporary.

Jobs at Dirty Martini

See more jobs

Soul sucking

While working here I found that it just wasn’t worth it for the money. They kept scheduling me shifts that I couldn’t do and would only give like half hour break for like 15 hour shift. Just not worth it, I wasn’t told before I started what the pay would be like and how often I would be paid. They didn’t tell me about the staff discounts, or anything. I found it hard making friends here. I had more mental health problems here than I did at any other job I have had

Pros

Cons

Long hours, on your feet nonstop, don’t pay you overtime, short breaks

Fun Place to work

Dirty Martini Birmingham is a great place to work if you want to show and improve your skills. You meet great new people and earn tips in the process! The Management is great to work with. Be prepared to wear comfy shoes though!!

Pros

Tips, People, Learn new things

Cons

Being on your feet for long hours

un ambiente di lavoro multiculturale e stimolamante

Questo è stato il mio primo lavoro nel Regno Unito e un'esperienza davvero entusiasmante. Nonostante il mio inglese di base, mi è stata data l'opportunità di lavorare in un ambiente molto elegante e cosmopolita come assistente barman e cameriere. Le funzioni regolari comprendevano l'assistenza di esperti Barmen, mantenendo le aree del bar rifornite, mantenendo tutte le aree pulite e ordinate per mantenere un servizio efficiente e regolare mentre servivano anche tavoli durante i periodi di maggiore affluenza

Pros

buoni pasto

Cons

nessuno pausa lavorativa

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dirty Martini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement
  • Dirty Martini
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?