Dishoom

Dishoom Employee Reviews

Family feel and fab progression

I've loved working at Dishoom. I've never worked anywhere in hospitality where they authentically care so much about your training and development. They really do their best to help you get where you want to go and offer you opportunities regularly to do that. Pay is industry leading, really can't complain about that. Feels like a big family, within a few weeks I felt like I had a huge new group of friends lots of which I'm going to be really good friends with for a long time. Free tasty food on shift and the cafes themselves always have a fab atmosphere. Customers really expect the experience to be amazing so it's a far more positive environment than other places I've worked. Hours can be long and it's very busy which can be draining but you're rewarded really well for the work and if you thrive on that dynamic fast pace you can't find anything better.

Pros

Free food, discounts, family feel, great progression, great pay

Ruined by management.

Terribly managed place to work at from the awful GM to useless/unskilled department managers who got in those positions based on favouritism and friendships - not hard work. If your first language is not English don’t bother to work here because the whole management is. Many foreign people work here and are 100 times better but get nothing. Recruitment has been very bad the overall workplace is collapsing many great team members have left and are leaving and now only having people who have no experience. What a disaster of a place.. (It’s a shame because the company is great to work for)

Pros

Working alongside good team members.

Cons

Management, Management and Management.

A very bad experience

I worked here in Dishoom Manchester for almost 2 years and my experience has been very bad. The management is unbelievable - you really cannot believe the things they do and say in this place. People here work hard to make the company great but get let down by the managers. The bar was good nice bar colleagues and experience to learn skills but I wouldn't suggest this place to my worst enemy if I'm honest.

Pros

Good bar team and good company.

Cons

Very bad managers, alot of games and difficulties from them.

It’s ok

Company systems is very good everything perfect food hygiene standards but under passer to much every chef friendly and helpful l enjoy this place only pay less

Pros

Cons

It Ok

The best place to work in central London

The best working environment Management are super helpful and friendly to the staffs Performance analysis , promotion,wages ingriments are done properly I really miss working as a Dishoom wallah

Work there for only 3 months

Started working at Dishoom at September and I’m already at promoted from runner to expo and I’m aiming Became head expo in the next two months. Also is a great company 19 best to work in the uk last year very good salary Really busy across all restaurants. Great team to work and leader also very goose tips and tronc.

Active, friendly, fair

Dishoom Covent Garden is very friendly, you're always moving and it is a very hard role to be a food runner there as it is always busy, however, it is fair and you get what you put in, and the managers are always so understanding and supportive; you just have to communicate to those around you. I would recommend this role and company to anyone who can handle stressful days and love people and lots of diversity, that is Dishoom.

Good Workplace

I worked at Dishoom as an Apprenticeship Chef for 14 months, working in several sections. Overall i would say my experience was a positive one, the staff were hardworking, friendly and productive. I learned a lot about the industry and gained valuable knowledge through my roles and responsibilities .

Horrible staff and treated dirt by managment

Do not work here!! You get treated like dirt no self worth involved, hardly any one speaks English. Managment is terrible, no flexibility, no care for your working conditions.

Pros

Money

Great workplace

It was a great experience, I met amazing people and learnt a lot. t was always really busy, which helped a lot during long shifts since time flied. Management was really supportive and understanding.

Jobs at Dishoom

See more jobs

People Focused

Nothing is too much plus an attention to the smaller details. A place where you feel cared for and that you will be looked after. A great culture and the food is delicious!

Pros

Great Events

Cons

Hard Work

Productive, orgganized, busy

Dishoom is a great place where they care really about the staff. I learn a lot but there is not really much growth. With so many people to work with is great to stay in one position and remain. but not so much to move on to a next step.

Pros

Twice Staff Food

Cons

Too many people to work with

Very unhappy place to work

Overworked/unhappy staff Terrible work/life balance - most servers work ~60 hours a week Managers bully staff they don't like A lot of drug/alcohol dependency on shift. Unless your aim is to make a lot of money fast, avoid at all costs.

Official response from Dishoom

29 March 2019
Hi there,We are deeply sorry to hear this and really upset that this was your experience at Dishoom. We'd very much like to understand more about the situation so that we can try and fix whatever may have gone wrong - it’s really important to us that Dishoom is a great place to work and we’ll work really hard to make this right.Please do get in touch at peopleteam@dishoom.com so that we can chat a little more about this.Kind regards,Jess

una de las mejores compañías para trabajar en hosteleria en UK

Gran trato a los trabajadores, buenos sueldos y muchos beneficios incluso fiestas privadas.

Pros

perkbox

Cons

dificil cambiar de posición

Very good had fun and my co worked are friendly. The day was busy, I learned how to put an the hard work work when things got really busy, hard part was no time for my self

Pros

Got free food

Get ready to work hard

A pretty intense and exhausting work environment. If you work here get ready to pull long and exhausting shifts. The training is intense too but the people who work there make it what it is.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long and hard work

good place with frendly people

I use to work evening shift, i learned a lot of english and i improved my work skills because was my first job in London. The thing that i liked more of that place was my collegues

Small company where you can learn a lot and in a nice atmosphera

Nice company to work for, listen and follow the elder workers there because they are really kind and willing to teach and help you. One of the most important thing there is to be able to work under pressure and keep calm in busiest time.

Pros

Free meals on shift(delicious)

Cons

Quite busy in the evenings

Prima esperienza

Prima esperienza nel campo di ristorazione con colleghi di varie culture essendo un ristorante indiano. Ambiente non troppo friendly ma ottimo per fare esperienza lavorativa ed imparare nuova lingua

fun environment

Amazing co-workers. Very busy and stressful place. Helps you learn how to handle stress and teach you how to promote with steps of good service.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

too busy

nice working environment

great place to work,great team and atmosphere. Very bussy trough out the day. reasonable sallary. many companies benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dishoom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement