Disney Store

Disney Store Employee Reviews

Lovely place to be around also very kind and always helping each other out In difficult situations! You always feel comfortable around who ever is there and they make you feel so welcome!
Pros
A lot
Cons
Management cares for no one. Freely demeans employees and shouts in front of customers. A place where new employees are expected to know exactly what to do, and if not are made to feel diminished and depressed.
Pros
Showed me I'm worth more than that job
Cons
Excellent place esp if you have a love of Disney however there is no point in applying if you think this will get you through . Targets are set and are expected to be reached I find this a great challenge . I love the sense of family and that you actually are appreciated by your cast and management , this will also depend on how good they are. Best part is the guests and the products. Workplace is always built on the traditions of the Walt Disney company . Park knowledge is great to have .
This a fast paced and enjoyable environment, management are really friendly and there are opportunities to progress. However, there is a lack of understanding of a job and life balance.
we had to put on a smile across our 8 hour shift, if we were not we would be put on displinery. not only were they stick on regulations, the people working there were simply for show, they are hired for their great acting skills.
Must hit targets, and be super Confident. Do not try as a first job! You must have some knowledge on the characters, and be willing to learn at home on your own time to get to a sufficient level.
Worked for Disney Store for three years. Typical shifts in the UK are 4 hours unless you’re a lead Cast Member (supervisor) or manager. Goes without saying that you need to be passionate about Disney with a positive attitude even in the stressful times. That’s not always as easy as it looks. There are generous discounts so if you love Disney you’ll be in your element. There are other limited incentives but this is typically in the form of Disney products and never a financial incentive e.g theme park tickets. You do need to care to some degree about selling products because at the end of the day it is a merchandise business looking to make profit through sales. However, if you’re passionate about Disney it isn’t too difficult as the merchandise sells itself really. Very different environment at Christmas due to the footfall in store but that’s normal across retail really. Not a great job to pay bills and have a good quality of life as for the most part contracts are only 8-12 hours unless a manager. This is what lead me to leave in the end as I worked 12 hours across 3 days. It became very time consuming and when you add in travel expenses I was making barely anything. If you’re just looking for a student job or only need part time work to get out of the house it is ideal. It is quite difficult to progress. In my experience I found the company seemingly would rather hire somebody new rather than promote from within. They don’t generally like promoting to management within the same store. If you want to progress in the Disney Store specifically, expect to go to a different store. - more...
Fab experience if you are a Disney fan and love selling and helping guests. The team members are fantastic and so helpful and supportive. Push for sales every day which is a down side as it is added pressure but amazing place to work.
Little to no chance for advancement, the company has lost its sense of Disney Spirit, when I started it was all about the customer and quality of product and experience, now its about a hard sell with little to no training and no focus on the experience. If you're face doesn't fit then they will stop at nothing to manage you out, even if you're doing a good job, the company comes before your mental health.
They don't give you the training you need, and exaggerate how hard the job is. Whilst the benefits are good, if your face doesn't fit management bully you making it more stressful than it needs to be, to the point of forcing you out. I even had to raise an official complaint with the head office due to my treatment and I know I am not alone. Personally I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. refuse to even set door
You’re not allowed to be yourself in this place. Extremely stressful and one or two people from the management take the mick out of you and treat you unfairly, the people you work with are nice but the pressure some of the management put on you is unfair and unhealthy for your health. You are not allowed any facial piercings , only can have one stud per ear , makeup is not allowed that much and some people from the management are hypocrites as they tell you off for talking to people yet they are having full blown conversations with people they like. At the end of the day they don’t really care about how good you are at the job it’s if they like you or not.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Extremely stressful
It’s was a good place to work the staff are lovely well respected, wasn’t too stressful good pay the company was welcoming when I started. Also amazing teamwork
In the long term this job isn’t ideal, however it is a fun place to work. Management I found to be extremely poor and it was just above minimum wage however it is a really enjoyable and rewarding job.
Staff are incredibly cliquey, everyone talks about eachother behind their backs which makes for a very toxic and unhealthy environment. This may possibly explain the incredibly high turnover rate along with the following points: One of the managers is an absolute bully and extremely rude and is actively disliked by even the other managers which is never a good sign. This particular manager is quite sexist and is extremely poor with her communication yet wonders why no one understands what she wants to do (often checking her phone and just running off into the back to look at that instead of support staff) Quite a misandric environment (good luck if youre a guy). Very immoral and predatory sales practices. Good luck with getting time off, especially if you have to travel far for Christmas as they will expect you to work Christmas eve and 'oh you can just get the train back late Christmas eve' even if you give them over 7 months heads up about it. Practically forcing you to approach customers and make them uncomfortable (even when they're on the phone or in conversation). Unrealistic standards and expectations, retail is a dying industry yet they expect you to constantly upsell to the point of harassing customers and taking advantage of parents and poorer customers. Extremely unreliable when it comes to overtime, will not respect your flexibility then wonder why you are wanting to leave - If you're a student id avoid at all costs, they claim to be understanding regarding deadlines or needing to study but the minute you say you're unavaliable they suddenly - more...
Disney Store was an incredible place to work and I always left with a smile on my face. You really felt like you were making people's days just a little bit brighter
ogni giorno è sempre diverso, non ci si annoia mai
Best place to work !!! I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else. The company really look after you and it’s such a fun loving busy atmosphere. Every day is different
Beware of people that are two faced and are under management influences. People that were on the old contract seen to disappear slowly only the years. Especially Rambo that was there for 20 years and clear is name.
I loved working for the Disney store it was one of the most amazing jobs I have had.Staff was called Cast members, the shop floor was the stage and any customers that came in was your guests. The atmosphere was great. work life balance was manageable, it was only a temp Christmas role so there wasn't a lot of shifts available.
Pros
you could watch Disney movies on your breaks
Cons
not enough hours
not applicable, because I worked there such a long time ago. I wnjoyed the job, the store and colleagues. I would recommend it as an employer to others
I would have enjoyed the job but the management constantly belittled me and accused me of false things. I felt bullied there and dreaded coming in every day, it was like high school and management always talked behind your back and made you feel like nothing at all. I would not recommend working here, I cried most days.
  1. Employee reviews