Disney Store

Disney Store Job security & advancement reviews

This a fast paced and enjoyable environment, management are really friendly and there are opportunities to progress. However, there is a lack of understanding of a job and life balance.
Little to no chance for advancement, the company has lost its sense of Disney Spirit, when I started it was all about the customer and quality of product and experience, now its about a hard sell with little to no training and no focus on the experience. If you're face doesn't fit then they will stop at nothing to manage you out, even if you're doing a good job, the company comes before your mental health.
They don't give you the training you need, and exaggerate how hard the job is. Whilst the benefits are good, if your face doesn't fit management bully you making it more stressful than it needs to be, to the point of forcing you out. I even had to raise an official complaint with the head office due to my treatment and I know I am not alone. Personally I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. refuse to even set door
not applicable, because I worked there such a long time ago. I wnjoyed the job, the store and colleagues. I would recommend it as an employer to others
I applied for a part time position back in May time after my previous application in March got ignored. I’d looked online previously to see how long to expect to hear something back but I heard nothing and carried on at my other job. I heard back about a month later and had been offered a group interview, and given two days notice to prepare. I think this is quite short notice and comes across as unprofessional, as some people may already have a job and would have had a hard time getting the time off at such short notice to go to the interview. I was also confused as to why I’d been offered an interview as my online application read “No longer in consideration” On the morning of the interview, we were informed that the lady holding the interview that morning was not the woman we were expecting and that she would pass a message on as soon as the recruiting manager had come back from holiday in a couple of days’ time; I’m still waiting for a call back to find out whether or not I have made it to the next stage, but I have also noticed that they have decided to advertise for a third time in the space of 4 months...despite the manager saying we would find out within a week whether or not we would be going through to the next stage. The requirements regarding apparel and uniform is quite extreme and not very good. minimal to no makeup, no lipstick, clear, nude or no nail varnish, nails must be short, no necklaces or second set of piercings, no visible tattoos, no branded basic black or tan shoes, hair must be shoulder length or shorter of you wish to have it loose or you must - more...
Pros
Fun group/team-building exercises
Cons
Unprofessional management
disney are an ok company to work for. they generally look after their employees but they are very strict. good work and life balance but as they hire so many staff there isnt much availability for overtime
Throughout my two years of working with The Walt Disney Company, I made many fun and magical memories for myself and Guests that come into the store. I will forever cherish the time and opportunity that I had given to me. I would love to work for the company again in the future. Its truly a place where magic and memories are made.
A good place for underachievers and someone who looks for job security. It is really hard to get fired from this place as long as you show up and do a minimal amount of work. The challenges arise if you want to achieve something in this place. Management although great individuals as a team they need to get much better profesionally wll be nice to have at least one person with an MBA. In two words if you face fits with the overal profile you will be OK otherwise it is a struggle.
Pros
Free Disneyland tickets (if you can afford to go )
Cons
not family friendly place
Loved working at Disney store, by far the best job I have ever done I was just sad when my temp contract ran out and I had to move back home to Glasgow!
Pros
fun, management, customers
Cons
temp
i foudn this a very happy all rounded to place to work for along with good expirence for anyone looking for exprience in there first retail job.
Nice work atmosphere. Unfortunately, was only seasonal, and very short-term position. Low job security. Would recommend, only for seasonal work.
Pros
Friendly work atmosphere.
Cons
Seasonal work - very short term.
I worked for nearly 10 years as a Cast Member then Senior Cast Member and Manager for the Disney Store. I look back at the job and value my time there. The Company Protects its image greatly which gives you a lot of freedom and support to provide the best service you can to the customer. There is a great training programs in place and product knowledge is regally recognised and rewarded. The reason i left was because it became difficult to progress in the company, This is not as a fault of the company but due to the lack of position that would come available as most managers i spoke to seemed happy in there positions which left little mobility.
Pros
Company Discount, Supportive Team and managers
Cons
Add-ons and up-selling targets
I enjoyed working here as it kept me on my toes, I learned a lot from this job I found it good as I was also training new members of staff.
Great place to work if you like talking to people. Sometimes you meet really interesting guests whilst your serving them. 10% of the time you'll have the angry guests wishing to make a complaint mainly against what a manager has said. Other than that excellent. Most managers are really lovely and in the spirit of all things Disney. But the hardest part is - as a retail job little advancement towards anything, job security is also a big issue as most individuals start of with temporary contracts and you have no idea who they'll keep. You can put in 100% working 40 hours exceeding sales targets and they can still not keep you on by the end of the contract. Its disappointing but that's retail. If you love children, have an enthusiasm in all things Disney and don't mind working only temporary contacts, then I'll say this is the job for you.
Pros
20% staff discount. Pleasant customers.
Cons
No advancement, No security.
working within the disney store, is one of the best jobs a young girl could have. management look after their cast very team orientated. they offer fantastic training and advancement within the company. being able to help parents and children find the best toys and gifts they needed was very rewarding
Working for the Disney Store has been lots of fun and a great learning experience. The teams are big and you find it rare that anyone leaves the company. The culture is good.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Oppotunity
The work there is fun and enjoyable most days, with the added benefit of bringing the Magic of Disney to guests. Co-workers share similar ethic on work and the Disney Company, making them a fun bunch of people to be with. However, after several high profile store closures, including our own, the job security is not very good.
Pros
Good bonuses, fun, bring Disney to guests
Cons
Unsocial hours, especially around peak times (I.E. Christmas)
A lovely place to work for short periods, with the ability to progress from a christmas temp to a Disney Ambassador (Team Leader). Hours can be long and if you ask for overtime it will be expected of you consistently. Yearly raises are given out if you meeting expectations or moving ahead, daily expectations are made and if not met you will be questioned on it. Constant smiley happy expectations can be difficult around the Christmas period if you aren't expecting it.
I enjoyed the years i worked at the disney store, the offered a unique opportunity to be part of a team and work in an enviornment that offered both a good experience as well as watching children's faces as they walked through the door and into the world of disney magic
A typical day at work always has it's up's and down's, some more than others. But the good times and the experience definitely outweighs the challenging times. I've learnt a lot and I'm grateful for everything I have learnt. I got on very well with my co-workers, some more than others but in general, a great bunch of people to work with with mixed personalities.