Disney Store

Disney Store Pay & benefits reviews

People look at the cast members and think that Disney is an easy place to work. Their wrong there’s a lot of policy’s and procedures and it’s all about how you present yourself. It’s a tough stressful environment but I loved every minute of it. Once your there a while everything become second nature. I highly recommend working for the company their amazing to both staff and guest and would go back in a heart beat. The management where tough and hard to work with at times but your learn to adapt and work together even if there is tears.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, lots of benefits
Cons
due to covid restrictions, after three years of working there, the company didn’t want to make any arrangements like unpaid absence
They don't give you the training you need, and exaggerate how hard the job is. Whilst the benefits are good, if your face doesn't fit management bully you making it more stressful than it needs to be, to the point of forcing you out. I even had to raise an official complaint with the head office due to my treatment and I know I am not alone. Personally I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. refuse to even set door
In the long term this job isn’t ideal, however it is a fun place to work. Management I found to be extremely poor and it was just above minimum wage however it is a really enjoyable and rewarding job.
not applicable, because I worked there such a long time ago. I wnjoyed the job, the store and colleagues. I would recommend it as an employer to others
A typical day would include exceptional customer service, engaging with customers and "sharing magic", ensuring we go the extra mile to make visits to the store exceptional to any other. Management are super friendly and we got along great. Co-workers are also fantatsic, you will form great friendships with your Disney family. Hardest part of the job was either unenthusiastic customers or pressure to meet sale targets, but this can be seen anywhere. Everything else is extremely enjoyable - the environment, co-workers, activities, and enthusiastic customers were all things that made the job so enjoyable. Very good part time work, with options to do further hours if available.
Pros
Amazing benefits within the Walt Disney Company, Positive working environment
Working for the Disney store is a dream come true, you get great benefits but it is also very hard work. Figures and sales have to be met and if this is not met it can lead to dismissal. Just because this is retail please don't think it's easy.
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
Unrealistically figures
My role as a cast member was ideal to get me through university years. The perks of free park passes and discount were great, management and team were perfect, there is a lot expected of you at times for little extra reward but overall a great job.
Pros
Free park passes, good discounts, free cinema tickets for certain films
Cons
Strict targets, not much opportunity for progression
Good benefits, great hours, friendly staff. Plenty of different tasks within the warehouse making each day different. clean and tidy environment. good management
My time at Disney was filled with not only incredible professional experiences but also wonderful times with great people and characters. Everyone is very supportive and helps whenever it is asked.
Pros
Environment, People, Benefits / Discounts.
Cons
Long hours and management
disney are an ok company to work for. they generally look after their employees but they are very strict. good work and life balance but as they hire so many staff there isnt much availability for overtime
amazing management. so supportive and the senior cast members were all lovely. great benefits and pay even for a xmas temp. money off holidays to parks in paris, florida etc and even the cruises.
Pros
great management. benefits and great pay. listen to great disney tunes all day
Cons
bratty kids come in store.
Disney is a great company to work for and is full of benefits. These are fully appreciated due to how fast paced and how high their standards are. The overall management is great and everybody is very open which may challenge certain personalities but is essential in the way they work.
The people who work at Disney work there for a reason - they are passionate about the brand. This means most of your colleagues are fun; friendly; and approachable. Like any normal retail job, if you can complete store tasks and keep up-to-date with product knowledge, the job will be reasonably easy enough for you. Just have a ball!
Pros
20% off (Temporary Staff); 35% off (Permanent Staff); Other Discounts and Benefits
Nice work atmosphere. Unfortunately, was only seasonal, and very short-term position. Low job security. Would recommend, only for seasonal work.
Pros
Friendly work atmosphere.
Cons
Seasonal work - very short term.
Fun work place with fantastics atmosphere and colleagues. The environment was good but probably the company can improve the employers benefits.
Pros
Discount at Disney Store
Working for the best entertainment industry in the world is amazing!! Being part of the show is very grateful. High quality products, good atmosphere to work, everbody is happy on stage!!
Pros
free tickets for the parks, average sallary, good discount for employees
Cons
difficult to get extra hours
I love my role at The Disney Store. Its only downfall for me is the lack of hours and overtime. Its a very mixed role and I enjoy helping the guests and coming up with solutions to any problems they may have.
Pros
Fair pay, Excellent management, lots of perks
Cons
Little overtime
Working for the Disney Store has been lots of fun and a great learning experience. The teams are big and you find it rare that anyone leaves the company. The culture is good.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Oppotunity
The work there is fun and enjoyable most days, with the added benefit of bringing the Magic of Disney to guests. Co-workers share similar ethic on work and the Disney Company, making them a fun bunch of people to be with. However, after several high profile store closures, including our own, the job security is not very good.
Pros
Good bonuses, fun, bring Disney to guests
Cons
Unsocial hours, especially around peak times (I.E. Christmas)
A lovely place to work for short periods, with the ability to progress from a christmas temp to a Disney Ambassador (Team Leader). Hours can be long and if you ask for overtime it will be expected of you consistently. Yearly raises are given out if you meeting expectations or moving ahead, daily expectations are made and if not met you will be questioned on it. Constant smiley happy expectations can be difficult around the Christmas period if you aren't expecting it.