Disney Store

Disney Store Work-life balance reviews

People look at the cast members and think that Disney is an easy place to work. Their wrong there’s a lot of policy’s and procedures and it’s all about how you present yourself. It’s a tough stressful environment but I loved every minute of it. Once your there a while everything become second nature. I highly recommend working for the company their amazing to both staff and guest and would go back in a heart beat. The management where tough and hard to work with at times but your learn to adapt and work together even if there is tears.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, lots of benefits
Cons
due to covid restrictions, after three years of working there, the company didn’t want to make any arrangements like unpaid absence
Over all I did enjoy my time at Disney and the team I worked with but had to leave due to no progression and always had problems booking anything in advance because of working hours as they were different every week.It was a happy place to work when it was busy and you had plenty of jobs to get on with but on quite days it could get very mind numbing.Working at Disney you need to be good at upselling on the tills as you have individual targets each day and if you don't hit them you get put on a disciplinary.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks and staff discount.
Cons
No progression and lack of hours.
Lovely place to be around also very kind and always helping each other out In difficult situations! You always feel comfortable around who ever is there and they make you feel so welcome!
Pros
A lot
Cons
This a fast paced and enjoyable environment, management are really friendly and there are opportunities to progress. However, there is a lack of understanding of a job and life balance.
we had to put on a smile across our 8 hour shift, if we were not we would be put on displinery. not only were they stick on regulations, the people working there were simply for show, they are hired for their great acting skills.
Little to no chance for advancement, the company has lost its sense of Disney Spirit, when I started it was all about the customer and quality of product and experience, now its about a hard sell with little to no training and no focus on the experience. If you're face doesn't fit then they will stop at nothing to manage you out, even if you're doing a good job, the company comes before your mental health.
Disney Store was an incredible place to work and I always left with a smile on my face. You really felt like you were making people's days just a little bit brighter
ogni giorno è sempre diverso, non ci si annoia mai
I loved working for the Disney store it was one of the most amazing jobs I have had.Staff was called Cast members, the shop floor was the stage and any customers that came in was your guests. The atmosphere was great. work life balance was manageable, it was only a temp Christmas role so there wasn't a lot of shifts available.
Pros
you could watch Disney movies on your breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work, highly recommend. one of the cleanest working environments i have seen.
I applied for a part time position back in May time after my previous application in March got ignored. I’d looked online previously to see how long to expect to hear something back but I heard nothing and carried on at my other job. I heard back about a month later and had been offered a group interview, and given two days notice to prepare. I think this is quite short notice and comes across as unprofessional, as some people may already have a job and would have had a hard time getting the time off at such short notice to go to the interview. I was also confused as to why I’d been offered an interview as my online application read “No longer in consideration” On the morning of the interview, we were informed that the lady holding the interview that morning was not the woman we were expecting and that she would pass a message on as soon as the recruiting manager had come back from holiday in a couple of days’ time; I’m still waiting for a call back to find out whether or not I have made it to the next stage, but I have also noticed that they have decided to advertise for a third time in the space of 4 months...despite the manager saying we would find out within a week whether or not we would be going through to the next stage. The requirements regarding apparel and uniform is quite extreme and not very good. minimal to no makeup, no lipstick, clear, nude or no nail varnish, nails must be short, no necklaces or second set of piercings, no visible tattoos, no branded basic black or tan shoes, hair must be shoulder length or shorter of you wish to have it loose or you must - more...
Pros
Fun group/team-building exercises
Cons
Unprofessional management
Working for the Disney store is a dream come true, you get great benefits but it is also very hard work. Figures and sales have to be met and if this is not met it can lead to dismissal. Just because this is retail please don't think it's easy.
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
Unrealistically figures
My time at Disney was filled with not only incredible professional experiences but also wonderful times with great people and characters. Everyone is very supportive and helps whenever it is asked.
Pros
Environment, People, Benefits / Discounts.
Cons
Long hours and management
Disney is a world renowned organisation and working for them makes me proud to be part of such a well-loved brand. The satisfaction of helping customers find their perfect gift is endless with a constant stream of new 'guests' walking through the doors each day.
Throughout my two years of working with The Walt Disney Company, I made many fun and magical memories for myself and Guests that come into the store. I will forever cherish the time and opportunity that I had given to me. I would love to work for the company again in the future. Its truly a place where magic and memories are made.
Met lovely cast members but unfortunately it is very difficult to progress in the company and there is a lot of unfairness which was shocking as it fully contradicted what I was told by the company during my early days. Overall the pay is good but they are long hours standing and many shifts which start early and end late which means no social life or weekends. they also do not provide references.
When working for Disney I often stayed and did long shifts with little break. The night shifts were gruelling and the manager constantly belittled me. Do not work here if you aren't prepared to be told how awful you are at forcing people to buy re useable bags. :)
Pros
Its disney
Cons
Long shifts
Disney is a brilliant company to work for. I really enjoyed working for them because it was so enjoyable. I learnt alot of valuable skills working for them such as meeting sales targets, how to increase a customers spend and how to give great customer service.
Pros
discount
Cons
A typical day at the Disney warehouse is to wake up at 4 and get to the bus stop by 5. From there a 1 hour bus ride to get to my shift on time for 6. For an AM eight hour shift its 6am-2pm. We have to lock up all our electronic belongings in a locker and then proceed to check out a scanner and a ceramic knife for the days work. During my work here I have learned about how to use a scanner, about how Inventory Control works in a warehouse as well as to try and meet thresholds for orders per hour. My co workers are mostly helpful when help is asked for but people tend to keep to themselves and get the job done. The hardest part of the job is defenitely the physical rigour it requires in order for the targets to be met. By the end of the day your feet, legs and back will hurt very much especially due to the steel capped boots. The only enjoyable part of the job in my experience is getting the money for your work.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hours and Physically demanding
As a Disney employee, you are required to research deeply into the brand. This is a fun task for when you are at home, and you are allowed to test your knowledge before you are due to start your shift. Being a cast member is very fast passed work, having to be mentally everywhere at once, whilst operating a busy store.
Pros
Fair amount of time for break
Cons
Low contract hours (typically 8 hours per week)
Great fun to work with Disney, you really get a feel for the company. The mood and attitude of the company is catching, soon you can't help but find yourself happy! I was well looked after too, great fun!