Treat them with respect
Get new management
- Actually listen to staff.
- Have support in place when needed rather than referring to a help desk you can't always get through to.
- before putting them on random lines or old departments speak to them before hand- ask if they need any support with systems or operation
- find a way to truly allow pathways to be met- a lot of staff get messed around as they are multiskilled and are taken advantage of and management 100% don't give a dam as long as we answer the call.
ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP. If you don't care about the staff they aren't going to put their back out for you. Look at Maslows hierarchy of needs. If staff feel like they are being listened to and management actually give a dam their productivity will be so much higher.
- don't have new starters on a higher wage than current staff. We are all doing the same job so have a standard rate of pay ie £9.18/ £9.36 for everyone and then increase when pathways are met. This could also be considered positive discrimination. You can't expect someone who has been with the company for 4 years to work with a new starter on more money than them and be just as motivated- it's a joke- again if staff felt like you valued them maybe they would stay with the company or push themselves.
- forget process!!!! In training it is pushed if it is the right thing for the customer we should do it. But this isn't reflected on the shop floor. Staff on the phones want to help customers but 9 times out of 10 are confined by process and managers will not see past this or are not willing to help and go the extra mile so the colleague is dammed for trying to offer "customer service"
Store level management needs people's management training more often.
Nothing there good management
Keep staff that care about customers.
Put in the right Management Staff who knows what to do. I had 8 manages in 4 years.
Consider who you are hiring for management and be more more realistic on targets. It is impossible to sell 5 contracts in one shift if you only have a footfall of 4 people.
Have an operation to give them some personality