DOLCE LTD

DOLCE LTD Employee Reviews

It's a straight forward job spec for someone who has been in catering for a while, sometimes the menu feels very generic with little thought going into a wider variety being made available over the menu cycle.Little scope for creativity but needs ability to work out work flows. I'm happy for now
Pros
Keeping life simple
Cons
Man power plan is tight, hours cut after only 1 week at work
I would highly recommend working for dolce, the management team are one of the best I’ve worked for and you can contact them anytime with any issue and it will be resolved straight away. Communication between staff and management is brilliant. I can’t fault this company. I have always been paid correctly and on time. Working hours are excellent especially if you have a family.
Pros
Free lunches
Dolce do not care about their employees. The Area manager is aggressive and unprofessional let alone unapproachable! If you tell her you are not coping you simply get “well other sites are managing ok” no support whatsoever! Avoid like the plague if you can!
Pros
Weekends off
Worst company I’ve worked for... and I’ve worked in retail! No support from management. Never want to know about problems you are facing. Never enough time to complete daily tasks. Moan at overtime but this is needed just to complete daily tasks, if we didn’t EHO would not pass us. They say their staff are important but we never feel it.
Where do I start!! Absolute shambles of a company. Started off full of promises and fantastic quality food and portion size with plenty of choice the fruit was kiwi,banana,cherries,pears,melon, grapes,pineapple, apple & oranges to begin with, the last 2 years it has been apple or orange that’s it! Drinks was milkshakes, milk, juice & water this soon changed to just water! Cheap food used & portion sizes same for reception & year 6. Management should be renamed Bullies, they make threats you will lose your job if you don’t abide by what they ask of you even if it’s against health & safety. They have no concern if you are short staffed tell you to get on with it, cut hours and pay whenever they feel like it and if your sick they say you can’t have time off and pressure you into returning if you are off. Grievance procedure! What is that??? HR brush everything under the carpet & ignore any complaints. Area manager is a bully & a drama Queen, bullies staff in all schools and makes idle threats to them all. Takes food from your kitchen without budgeting for it and tells you to cook meat from frozen if its brought in frozen but should be cooked from defrost! No management skills what so ever & talks her way out of any complaints. She is banned from the majority of her schools so how HR do not accept she is a problem is beyond me. Either that or they just turn a blind eye to this as well. My advice STEER clear of this appalling company for your own sanity and mental health, slave labour is a thing of the past but not with Dolce
Pros
Cons
not enough hours or staff, treated appallingly
Cut hours as much as possible. End up working hours for nothing in order to finish your job. Awful company to work for. Would definately NOT recommend this company.
Pros
Non
Cons
Very limited hours to complete work expected
This is sick they always been focus on profit not a humans... SORRY NORTH owners we are in south a most or more expensive area to live and make sure you do a better research before you set up your hubs here.. life cost double than your home! THINK BEFORE YOU OPEN A BUSINESS HERE! We are not a donkeys here to work for you for a very bad pay! and very high responsibility !
Pros
pros? van taking home holidays off
Cons
VERY RUD UNPROFESSIONAL bad managment more expensive holidays as of scholl holidays...
Really great business to work for - everyone I work with is professional and easy to get along with and we can easily all work together to get through a busy day! The family who own Dolce are always really involved in every aspect of the business, which is not very common.
Pros
Training on the job, Good work/life balance
Worked around 7 years at school, 3 years under dolce. Loved my job but ONE error made by a colleague and I'm sacked as supervisor. 5 area managers in 3 years each with different views on the job. No one hardly ever turned up to see how we getting on. Poor support and left to get on with things. When something happens there super quick to get rid. Treated absolutely disgusting and left in a financial mess no thanks to this firm. Be very wary as dumped at drop of a hat at an instant. Appalling.
Pros
Cons
Treated you like rubbish
I work at Dolce for a year and I can only say good things, they have always treated me with dignity and respect, I feel that my work is valued. A good team to work with.
Pros
Training/ computer system
Great family business, everyone is very friendly and welcoming. Term time hours are great meaning I have a good work and home life balance. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
School holidays, good work life balance, friendly Dolce team.
Cons
Tie you into a 1 year probationary period, want to leave they require training costs back. But won't think twice about letting you go without reason!
Pros
fits around your children, schools holidays off-paid, free meals, training
Cons
Don't care about their staff only management, min wage, other staff do sloppy job, not enough time to complete job
I had a good time working for the company and made a friend for life ,the school was really lovely that I worked at and the food was good so it was nice to serve it came in hot and the orgainiastion worked well.
Pros
nice company
Cons
Dolce will let you think they are a supportive company. That couldn't be further from the truth. Too many staff go through their doors and most who leave do so on bad terms. Also they have lost lots of schools. Does this sound like a good company!No training opportunities and if you can use a oven you are a cook.
Pros
Computer system in theory is a good idea
Cons
Computers constantly problematic causing chaos at dinner times.
I enjoy working for dolce, my role at the moment is relief mobile but hoping to become perminant in a school that way I can gain further experience as different schools have there own way of doing stuff.. Your able to become part of a team, get to know work colleagues and other members of staff.
Pros
To become perminant in a school setting
Cons
Traveling
Hours are flexible to fit in great with school runs and looking after your children Fast paced environment and team work is a most, be physical fit as always on the go
This job fits in perfectly around my children as it's solely during school hours. Its fast paced and challenging and very rewarding. I run a school kitchen and cook for 200 children on average a day. I have 3 other kitchen staff that work under me and come in to help serve and clear up. I have to work on a budget and ensure all company procedures are adhered to aswell as the smooth running of the kitchen
Excellent company to worl.for if your a cook but wouldnt try and progress as higher up the company have some strange rules going on. Very organised ordering system and kids pre.order food so less wastage.
I have worked for Dolce for just over 2 years now, and in my opinion having worked for other contract caterers to be the best i have worked for. There is a great support network and i really enjoy working with all the different teams and clients.
Really good family owned company to work for. Hard work gets rewarded with promotion and salary increase. Feel valued and like the fact the management can be approached right up to the managing director himself.
I have worked at Dolce for almost 2 years now and I thoroughly enjoy my job! The culture is great and you really feel like you make a difference. Management are very supportive and encouraging. The company has a great training sponsorship programme to help you achieve your career goals.
  1. Employee reviews